Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,688 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:57 PM

WellI just had a scary premonition ...

I have a strong feeling like the Celtics are gonna get rid of Pierce and Garnett and they will have a terrible terrible season next year...

And then I see them getting the number one pick in the 2014 draft...

And I saw them selecting Wiggins...

In my premonition Wiggins becomes a Celtic.. after they have a terrible 2013 season....

and know what? It makes sense... Especially with a coach like Doc Rivers as the coach and Rondo already there..

:eh:

Edited by Majesty, May 16, 2013 - 02:00 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#22 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 16, 2013 - 02:13 PM

I felt it was kind of obvious the Celtics were planning for the 2014 FA class and draft once we heard about rumors that they were considering a buyout for Pierce, and trading Garnett.

With how Rose has been (missing an entire season) and watching Shumpert go down after coming back from his injury, you get the idea that Rondo will take similar precautions.

And if they go into next season without Rondo, Pierce and Garnett...then it's tank city for Boston.

#23 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,688 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:02 PM

I felt it was kind of obvious the Celtics were planning for the 2014 FA class and draft once we heard about rumors that they were considering a buyout for Pierce, and trading Garnett.

With how Rose has been (missing an entire season) and watching Shumpert go down after coming back from his injury, you get the idea that Rondo will take similar precautions.

And if they go into next season without Rondo, Pierce and Garnett...then it's tank city for Boston.

Yep pretty much, I have a feeling they are going for Wiggins.

Wiggins as a celtic with Rondo as his point guard.

DEPENDING on how his college game develops should he take one year they could be very dangerous right away.

Like I said, I'll reserve judgement till I watch his college game and how it advances or improves.

But if it gets to the level everyone seems to think it will, then him and Rondo is already a nice start in the 2014 season.   Not just from them tanking but them having money to sign a big time free agent as well.

So the Celtics are primed to get not only Wiggins in the 2014 draft, but be in the running for a big time free agent as well...

Edited by Majesty, May 16, 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#24 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 16, 2013 - 10:23 PM

They won't get Wiggins.  Rondo will be back, eventually, and they won't end up with the worst record in the league...but, they could end up in the lottery, maybe even top five, if they go into a complete rebuild.  It wouldn't shock me at all if they end up with Parker, somehow, but again, that's only if they're without Pierce, KG and Rondo (mostly), and Parker slips a bit in the draft...which could happen, especially if guys like Marcus Smart and one of the UK guys have impressive seasons.

#25 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,004 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted May 17, 2013 - 06:09 PM

Man...

I have a feeling a HUGE part of the league is going to be in TANK city next season...

Miami might win 76 games...

#26 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 1,508 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 17, 2013 - 08:58 PM

not impressed yet. He has great athleticism tho

ap1.png

#27 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,636 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 17, 2013 - 10:24 PM

Saw him at the Nike hoop summit last month... wasn't very impressed at first, but he stepped it up later in the game.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#28 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,004 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:53 PM

wiggins is BEAST mode on NBA2k

Tanked with the lakers, got Wiggins.. GLORIOUS!!!!

#29 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 12:15 AM

wiggins is better than parker and it's not close. having said that parker will be a better college player. college is about shooting and parker is better at it.

with zones and the ability to camp the paint with no defensive 3 wiggins won't show his true potential in college. like derrick rose i expect him to be really good but not transcendent statistically. i expect parker to be more like durant and put up good numbers in college

parker isn't even close though. athletically it's a huge gap. wiggins is better in every category athletically. lateral movement, vertical, speed, strength, flexibility. wiggins may be fighting lebron james for the greatest athlete the game has ever seen. parker is just a decent to good nba athlete. 

skill wise the gap is closer. i like wiggins handles and ability to get to the rim, parker is a better shooter. passing wise it's not a huge gap but given wiggins ability to be a freak of nature i'll give him the nod because he'll have the opportunity to find guys off of penetration more often

at the end of the day parker is a durant, pierce (real deal), griffin, garnett, chris paul tier guy. that's his ceiling. he's not a generational player. he's not a once every 10 years guy. he has potential to be a can't miss guy, and he probably will be that but he's not a transcendent talent

wiggins is that guy. wiggins is a kobe, lebron, duncan, shaq type talent. of course him reaching that isn't guaranteed but that's his ceiling. at that age athleticism and flair are always more important than if a guy is polished. polished means little room to grow. guys who play with flair in highschool usually means they are so good that they can toy with opponents. that opponents might as well be cones. i see that in wiggins. it looks like he's playing against cones. and his athleticism is something that possibly hasn't been seen before. he is the definition of generational prospect. he is the guy that changes a franchise and the game. he's a potential multiple championship type player. that is his ceiling. he may reach none of that. it's very possible, but at the end of the day his ability is special

Posted Image

#30 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,530 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:46 AM

wiggins is better than parker and it's not close. having said that parker will be a better college player. college is about shooting and parker is better at it.

with zones and the ability to camp the paint with no defensive 3 wiggins won't show his true potential in college. like derrick rose i expect him to be really good but not transcendent statistically. i expect parker to be more like durant and put up good numbers in college

parker isn't even close though. athletically it's a huge gap. wiggins is better in every category athletically. lateral movement, vertical, speed, strength, flexibility. wiggins may be fighting lebron james for the greatest athlete the game has ever seen. parker is just a decent to good nba athlete. 

skill wise the gap is closer. i like wiggins handles and ability to get to the rim, parker is a better shooter. passing wise it's not a huge gap but given wiggins ability to be a freak of nature i'll give him the nod because he'll have the opportunity to find guys off of penetration more often

at the end of the day parker is a durant, pierce (real deal), griffin, garnett, chris paul tier guy. that's his ceiling. he's not a generational player. he's not a once every 10 years guy. he has potential to be a can't miss guy, and he probably will be that but he's not a transcendent talent

wiggins is that guy. wiggins is a kobe, lebron, duncan, shaq type talent. of course him reaching that isn't guaranteed but that's his ceiling. at that age athleticism and flair are always more important than if a guy is polished. polished means little room to grow. guys who play with flair in highschool usually means they are so good that they can toy with opponents. that opponents might as well be cones. i see that in wiggins. it looks like he's playing against cones. and his athleticism is something that possibly hasn't been seen before. he is the definition of generational prospect. he is the guy that changes a franchise and the game. he's a potential multiple championship type player. that is his ceiling. he may reach none of that. it's very possible, but at the end of the day his ability is special

Word of mouth is Parker has the work ethic of the greats and has a great respect for the game. Coming out of high school being hyped is one thing, but coming out of high school with your head on right and a work ethic is how you become those kobe and MJ type players because both of those coming out of high school werent suppose to be the next big thing, and we see how that turned out.

Also Im kinda lost how you put Durant into a different tier than Kobe, bron, duncan, and shaq. Durant has progressed every year in the league by adding new parts into his game and is only 24. He is a bona fide superstar and in 2-3 years will be the guy that is the best in the nba, and he will just be hitting his prime at that time.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 20, 2013 - 09:47 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#31 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 5,612 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 20, 2013 - 11:01 AM

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,688 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 03:43 PM

Nice dunk though regular compared to his other dunks.

Because of this I expect it to be on ESPN in the next 15 minutes :)

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 02:42 AM

Word of mouth is Parker has the work ethic of the greats and has a great respect for the game. Coming out of high school being hyped is one thing, but coming out of high school with your head on right and a work ethic is how you become those kobe and MJ type players because both of those coming out of high school werent suppose to be the next big thing, and we see how that turned out.

Also Im kinda lost how you put Durant into a different tier than Kobe, bron, duncan, and shaq. Durant has progressed every year in the league by adding new parts into his game and is only 24. He is a bona fide superstar and in 2-3 years will be the guy that is the best in the nba, and he will just be hitting his prime at that time.

durant plays no defense, is an average rebounder, and a mediocre passer with no post game whatsoever. all he can pretty much do is get to the basket and shoot

your whole point about parker and comparing him to kobe and MJ not being highly touted out of highschool doesn't make sense. parker is the consensus #2 guy and is considered consensus to be drafted #2 overall next season

also commenting on work ethic is ridiculous. half of the people on this board think lebron has lackluster work ethic. word of mouth means nothing. who says andrew wiggins doesn't have great work ethic?

all things equal work ethic wise wiggins wins out 10 out of 10 because he's the far superior athlete. michael jordan was the leagues premier athlete. Kobe was pretty damn close to being the best athlete. he wasn't but he was in the discussion. lebron is the best athlete. shaq, hakeem, wilt, magic

these guys were the leagues elite athletes of their eras. athleticism matters and wiggins has it and then some. parker isn't lagging in that area but he's not wiggins. 

also if you want to compare work ethics look at kobe, lebron, michael coming out of high school

Highschoolpierce.jpg

05299742..jpg

54825612.jpg

recruit_i_wiggins11_400.jpg

and then look at the doughy jabari parker

b2595974-8d44-e211-9349-002655e6c126_ori

he may be an all time great, he may not be but hes nowhere near the prospect wiggins is

Posted Image

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,688 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 09:51 AM

Body structure isn't indicative on how hard he works when he isn't even "into" his body yet.

Look at Carmelo.

Edited by Majesty, June 21, 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#35 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 11:15 AM

Body structure isn't indicative on how hard he works when he isn't even "into" his body yet.

Look at Carmelo.

Except Carmelo is notoriously lazy. And my point was its ridiculous to discuss work ethic when there is no evidence either way.

I never said Jabari Parker was lazy.
Posted Image

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,688 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Except Carmelo is notoriously lazy. And my point was its ridiculous to discuss work ethic when there is no evidence either way.

I never said Jabari Parker was lazy.

Yeah but you're comparing work ethic to body structure and the fact that he's not ripped and cut as a determining factor towards how hard he works to say that he doesn't work as hard as the people who were ripped and cut.  

That's unfair imo.

#37 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 5,612 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 21, 2013 - 01:43 PM

there is a lot of evidence 2010 National Freshman of the Year (ESPN HS) 2011 National Sophomore of the Year (ESPN HS) 2012 National Junior of the Year (ESPN HS & MaxPreps.com ) 2011 USA Basketball's Male Athlete of the Year 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 IHSA state champion 2012 National Player of the Year (Gatorade) 2012 Statewide Player of the Year (Gatorade, Illinois Mr Basketball) 2012 First team All-American (ESPN HS, SLAM, USA Today) 2013 All-American (Jordan, McD's, USA today) 2013 National Player of the Year (McD's/Wootten & Maxpreps.com) 2013 Statewide Player of the Year (Gatorade, Illinois Mr. Basketball) 2013 Jordan Brand Classic MVP. don't look at his body structure to judge is work ethic 

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, June 21, 2013 - 01:44 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#38 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,530 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 21, 2013 - 02:40 PM

durant plays no defense, is an average rebounder, and a mediocre passer with no post game whatsoever. all he can pretty much do is get to the basket and shoot

your whole point about parker and comparing him to kobe and MJ not being highly touted out of highschool doesn't make sense. parker is the consensus #2 guy and is considered consensus to be drafted #2 overall next season

also commenting on work ethic is ridiculous. half of the people on this board think lebron has lackluster work ethic. word of mouth means nothing. who says andrew wiggins doesn't have great work ethic?

all things equal work ethic wise wiggins wins out 10 out of 10 because he's the far superior athlete. michael jordan was the leagues premier athlete. Kobe was pretty damn close to being the best athlete. he wasn't but he was in the discussion. lebron is the best athlete. shaq, hakeem, wilt, magic

these guys were the leagues elite athletes of their eras. athleticism matters and wiggins has it and then some. parker isn't lagging in that area but he's not wiggins. 

also if you want to compare work ethics look at kobe, lebron, michael coming out of high school

Highschoolpierce.jpg

05299742..jpg

54825612.jpg

recruit_i_wiggins11_400.jpg

and then look at the doughy jabari parker

b2595974-8d44-e211-9349-002655e6c126_ori

he may be an all time great, he may not be but hes nowhere near the prospect wiggins is

Durants ast have been going up through out his career and when he became the ball handler he avged 6 ast a game when westbrook was out. He is an avg rebounder averaging 8 rebounds a game for a wing player? Yea thats pretty average I guess rebound numbers close to lebron means lebron is an average rebounder too. You do realize that Durant is 24 right? The kid is a superstar and at such a young age has such a refined game. No post game? Just because he cant push people around down low doesnt mean he doesnt have a post game. If he puts his back to you and does a turnaround jumper you have no shot of blocking that and its a shot he is quite good with. Also he has length and when down low he uses this length to get pretty good looks at the basket. 

You do know body type is gentic right? That proves nothing about his potential. And even though Parker has hype, he is known for having a great work ethic, and imo that in a young player that has the ability to become good now can become great. Like I said Kobe and MJ had to work on their game to get to the top of the food chain, and Parker's work ethic is being compared to them, thats pretty hefty praise, sure it is word of mouth, but isnt everything you hear about high school stars basically just that? Three years ago word of mouth had it Noel was the next LBJ and well at this point he looks like the next larry sanders. Also I like how you said parker is doughy but Wiggins is 6'8 with a listing of 200 pounds, thats a pretty small frame so of course he looks cut. Parker has listings from any where of 6'8-6'9 with his weight being put at 225-240 that is a much more NBA ready frame. Also you know these basketball players dont stop growing like us normally people they grow until their earlier 20's.

Thats my point you said it he is no where near the prospect of wiggins, neither was kobe or MJ coming out of high school and their two of the greatest to ever lace them up. You let the hype machine get control of you and you will draft Kwame Brown number one overall.

I can only speak on the different scouting reports I read and they all say his work ethic is that of the greats, and that is what allows for greats to be great. I dont think anyone questioned lebrons work ethic he has been going to different NBA legends for years in the offseason to improve his game and it shows. Yet no one is gonna compare his work ethic to kobe because its not at that level, the type of commitment he shown is equal to only a few that have ever played in sports history. So while people are commenting on Parker's work ethic it makes it seem he has the same drive that kobe does, and that goes a long way into making a player great.

Also you speak about athleticism as if you need it to be great. What about Larry legend? How about the NBA logo? The all time leading scorer, Kareem? Yea none of those guys were ever put in the same sentence as athletic, but they are some of the best to ever play. Linking athleticism to greatness, you must be watching too much ESPN when they talk about lebron. Vince carter was a monster with his athleticism what about his legacy? Then you have drose and westbrook who are all athletic freaks, and is anyone saying their gonna be all time greats by the time their done? Nope. Unless they prove their something more than just an athletic freaks they will never be thought of as great.

Hardwork beats talent when talent doesnt work hard.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 21, 2013 - 02:50 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#39 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Yeah but you're comparing work ethic to body structure and the fact that he's not ripped and cut as a determining factor towards how hard he works to say that he doesn't work as hard as the people who were ripped and cut.

That's unfair imo.

That's not what I'm doing at all. I'm saying discussing work ethic is useless because there is no proof of it. Showing his body was a way of providing counter evidence showing that arguing something so baseless is useless because it can be proven either way
Posted Image

#40 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 06:22 PM

there is a lot of evidence 2010 National Freshman of the Year (ESPN HS) 2011 National Sophomore of the Year (ESPN HS) 2012 National Junior of the Year (ESPN HS & MaxPreps.com ) 2011 USA Basketball's Male Athlete of the Year 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 IHSA state champion 2012 National Player of the Year (Gatorade) 2012 Statewide Player of the Year (Gatorade, Illinois Mr Basketball) 2012 First team All-American (ESPN HS, SLAM, USA Today) 2013 All-American (Jordan, McD's, USA today) 2013 National Player of the Year (McD's/Wootten & Maxpreps.com) 2013 Statewide Player of the Year (Gatorade, Illinois Mr. Basketball) 2013 Jordan Brand Classic MVP. don't look at his body structure to judge is work ethic

So accolades matter? But with Lebron they don't, Lebron does it with only athletic ability and no work.

So accolades are only useful when it fits the argument.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users