93 replies to this topic

#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 14, 2013 - 09:07 AM

May has been a big month for decisions this week for Andrew Wiggins. Last week, it was what type of tux (white, with a peach vest and matching bow tie) to wear for prom.

Tuesday, Wiggins, the American Family Insurance ALL-USA Player of the Year, announced he'll be wearing the crimson and blue of Kansas on the basketball court next season.

Wiggins, a 6-8 forward from Huntington (W.Va.) Prep who averaged 23.4 points and 11.2 rebounds this season, avoided as best he could the attention his recruitment drew, giving few clues to his choice. However, by waiting until the next-to-last day of the regular signing period to sign his letter of intent, the media spotlight only grew on the 18-year-old from Toronto and son of former NBA player Mitchell Wiggins and former Canadian track Olympian Marita Payne-Wiggins.

http://www.usatoday....-kansas/2158101

Second-best recruiting class this year (stupid Kentucky), and we're bringing back Perry Ellis (who is underrated) and Naadir Tharpe.

Andrew Wiggins (#1 player in nation)
Joel Embiid (best center in the nation)
Wayne Selden (#4 SF)
Conner Frankamp (#10 PG)
Brannen Greene (#9 SG)

If you guys haven't seen Wiggins...he has the potential to be the next LeBron James, and according to Zack Lowe, a few NBA execs have already stated that they would give him the max TODAY, to have him on their team. He defends all five positions on the court, can shoot, finish at the rim, pretty much do everything...best recruit since Kevin Durant.

:bounce:

#2 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,322 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted May 14, 2013 - 09:15 AM

Shouldn't have Joel Embiid, he supposed to be a Gator! oh and Wiggins one hell of a player hasn't reached his ceiling yet but it is very high

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 14, 2013 - 11:00 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#3 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 820 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 14, 2013 - 09:17 AM

It would be absolutely amazing if we somehow ended up with the number 1 pick in 2014 to draft him. We would definitely be set for years to come with Wiggins and Dwight (if he resigns) and another star signed in 2014. That implies tanking 2013 though, but a man can hope.

#4 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,188 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 14, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Wiggins is a beast, great pickup for Kansas

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,263 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted May 14, 2013 - 09:31 AM

I would be fine with that...

Dwight walks...

Kobe sits out whole year...

lakers could have worst pick in the tdraft... It happens in NBA2k... and I ussally trade for the lakers pick, and its almost a lock for the lottery... and, once, I even won the lottery, with the lakers pick, and had imported a draft class that had wiggins in it...

I have got to believe several teams will be tanking HARD next season for him...

Orlando

Charlotte

Detroit

kings

It would be absolutely amazing if we somehow ended up with the number 1 pick in 2014 to draft him. We would definitely be set for years to come with Wiggins and Dwight (if he resigns) and another star signed in 2014. That implies tanking 2013 though, but a man can hope.

#6 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,247 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted May 14, 2013 - 10:07 AM

Hoping he turns Canada Basketball around in the next Olympics. 

#7 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,462 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 14, 2013 - 10:31 AM

Gotta check this kid out

#8 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,462 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 14, 2013 - 10:37 AM

Damn hes got hops!

On a couple o his dunks his whole head was above the rim.

#9 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted May 14, 2013 - 11:16 AM

I would be fine with that...

Dwight walks...

Kobe sits out whole year...

lakers could have worst pick in the tdraft... It happens in NBA2k... and I ussally trade for the lakers pick, and its almost a lock for the lottery... and, once, I even won the lottery, with the lakers pick, and had imported a draft class that had wiggins in it...

I have got to believe several teams will be tanking HARD next season for him...

Orlando

Charlotte

Detroit

kings

Detroit with Wiggins would be so sick.

Wish the Raptors didn't trade for Gay so they could tank.

Edited by LikeABosh, May 14, 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,693 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 15, 2013 - 10:13 PM

Will be watching this kid.

My dad's unimpressed by him so he's going to hold full judgement till he sees his college game.

I've never personally seen him aside from a few youtube videos, he'll undoubtedly face much better competition in the college game so I'll be keeping a close eye on him and his development.

Still think Jabari goes further than him when all is said and done but it will be fun watching them both go at it.   I look forward to checking it out.

I will say this though.  He should stay more than one year in college.  They both should.

One year of college shouldn't become the new "high school" but that's just my personal opinion.

Edited by Majesty, May 15, 2013 - 10:22 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#11 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 10:25 PM

As it stands, Wiggins and Parker are one and two...but there is a major gap between them.  Parker has a few things he needs to work on, but Wiggins is scary...and I was saying that before I even knew he had talked to Bill Self.

In fact, word was Florida State or Kentucky for quite some time, and even before that came out, Wiggins was the guy to watch for me.

I was astounded when I heard he was even considering Kansas, and then did a MJ vs. Cleveland game-winning hop, fist pumps, and then a Kobe face when the news broke.

Parker will end up with the better jumper in the pros, I'm sure, because he's that kind of player to go out and get extensive work on it.  But you're basically looking at a LeBron and Carmelo with these two (more Pierce for Jabari, because he can pass and play a little defense, two things Melo doesn't do).  Wiggins will attack the basket far better, better defender, likely better overall.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,693 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 10:30 PM

As it stands, Wiggins and Parker are one and two...but there is a major gap between them.  Parker has a few things he needs to work on, but Wiggins is scary...and I was saying that before I even knew he had talked to Bill Self.

In fact, word was Florida State or Kentucky for quite some time, and even before that came out, Wiggins was the guy to watch for me.

I was astounded when I heard he was even considering Kansas, and then did a MJ vs. Cleveland game-winning hop, fist pumps, and then a Kobe face when the news broke.

Parker will end up with the better jumper in the pros, I'm sure, because he's that kind of player to go out and get extensive work on it.  But you're basically looking at a LeBron and Carmelo with these two (more Pierce for Jabari, because he can pass and play a little defense, two things Melo doesn't do).  Wiggins will attack the basket far better, better defender, likely better overall.

Best part is that they both play the same position.

So that first Kansas vs Duke game ratings are gonna be through the roof.

We never got to see Carmelo vs LeBron in college unfortunately just high school.

We'll see Wiggins vs Parker though and I'm sure ESPN will be all over it.

Edited by Majesty, May 15, 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#13 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,322 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 10:36 PM

Don't know why u was surprised. FSU didn't really have any support that would help him and knew he would want to contend, KU was too crowded, and UNC is a conference rival of his parent's alma.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 15, 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,693 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Also I can't find any post games to compare between the two X_X  Wiggins and Parker.

It's hard for me to really judge Wiggins cause whenever I look for clips on him it's mostly dunks, and blocks, he has scary athleticism though from what I see,  though I did see him fake a guy out of his shoes once with a feigned pass(im sure he carried it too but that's beyond the point lol).  Parker to me had the less flashier game but he seemed like the kind of kid that would go and work with Hakeem early and try to iron out the aspects to complete his game more before Wiggins has to given his God given talent and natural ability.

So I'd love to see where they both end up. 

Although I say I want with all my heart for BOTH to stay in college...

There's a part of me that wants them to come out in 2014.  

And that same part of me wants Kobe to stay that one final 2014 year with the Lakers.

Basically because I want to see Kobe against them both, at least one more time.

To me considering all the era's Kobe has played through, watching him go against the both of them coming out of college even if it was just one or two games of the season would be a dream of mine.

it would make me feel the way I felt watching Kobe go up against Jordan that first time.

#15 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,322 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 10:43 PM

And Parker is a bad boy didn't win 4 straight state championships in a row for nothing, I already talked about him in another post here. Can't wait to watch these two in college.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 15, 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#16 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 10:47 PM

Don't know why u was surprised. FSU didn't really have any support that would help him, KU was too crowded, and UNC is a conference rival of his parent's alma.

UK (Kentucky) was a sure bet for a National Championship, though, and numbers really don't mean much when you're headed to the pros (ask Kyrie Irving, who was selected #1 after 11 games and just 27 MPG).

Thing with FSU was...it just made sense, regardless of his lack of teammates.  Just one Final Four for Florida State, and zero All-Americans.  That's not saying he could have gotten it done, but many people didn't think Durant was headed to Texas, either, once LaMarcus Aldridge decided to leave after his second season.  Some figured that was the deal-breaker.

I never did think he was going to UNC, though.  That would have been awkward.

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,693 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 10:49 PM

UK (Kentucky) was a sure bet for a National Championship, though, and numbers really don't mean much when you're headed to the pros (ask Kyrie Irving, who was selected #1 after 11 games and just 27 MPG).

Thing with FSU was...it just made sense, regardless of his lack of teammates.  Just one Final Four for Florida State, and zero All-Americans.  That's not saying he could have gotten it done, but many people didn't think Durant was headed to Texas, either, once LaMarcus Aldridge decided to leave after his second season.  Some figured that was the deal-breaker.

Question, didn't the Lakers trade away their number 1 pick that eventually became Kyrie Irving?  Or was that the Clippers?

Till the Ratings came in for the UNC vs Duke games =p

Edited by Majesty, May 15, 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#18 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,322 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Yea true UK was tempting, I just thought that he couldn't go to KU cause if he did it wouldn't be fair and I was praying lol. and agree with the FSU too, him carrying his team to the final four I can see that, I thought that he could possibly go there too because he's not the need spot light type guy and more of a low key, let my game speak for me type of player, follow my lead type person but I had feeling and knew he wouldn't choice FSU and would go to KU.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 15, 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#19 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 10:59 PM

Question, didn't the Lakers trade away their number 1 pick that eventually became Kyrie Irving?  Or was that the Clippers?

It was the Clippers.  They traded the 2011 pick (unprotected) and Baron Davis...for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon.

Yes, really.

#20 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,693 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 11:04 PM

It was the Clippers.  They traded the 2011 pick (unprotected) and Baron Davis...for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon.

Yes, really.

Why am  I not surprised :smh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users