9 replies to this topic

#1 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,261 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 14, 2013 - 03:35 AM

Take the penalty box from the NHL, and Implement it in the NBA!!!!

How great would it be to see Blake Griffen go to the penality box for 2 mins for flopping?

I really think this is a great idea... not for every foul, but for technicals, or flagrents, or flopping...

I also think the fluid style of the line changes would be really exciting in the NBA... imagine if you could swap players out on the fly... go offense defense subs...

Implement a yellow card/ Red Card system for players complaining...

Like when LeBron throws his hands in the air and cries once every 10 games when a foul is eventually called on him, boom, yellow card, do it again, and your thrown out! get 2 yellow cards in back to back games for complaining... boom... one game suspension...

Widen the court... this one is not that crazy, out there, or controversial... people have big feet, and can barely spot up and shoot in the corners as is... widen the length and width of the court, add more space from the basket to the baseline...

#2 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,789 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 14, 2013 - 03:42 AM

Well we in Europe have a rule when ref recognizes flopping gives a T to the guy flopping and the other team gets 2 FT and ball.

Impossible is nothing.

#3 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,261 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 14, 2013 - 03:44 AM

I like it...

combine that with making them sit in the penalty box and we got something

Well we in Europe have a rule when ref recognizes flopping gives a T to the guy flopping and the other team gets 2 FT and ball.

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,395 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 14, 2013 - 05:34 AM

Heres a crazy idea.....allow physical contact again. This is a pro sport not a kindergarten play ground.

#5 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,460 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 14, 2013 - 06:24 AM

Heres a crazy idea.....allow physical contact again. This is a pro sport not a kindergarten play ground.

#6 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,735 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 14, 2013 - 06:52 AM

but but, lebron might get bruised!

2div

#7 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,876 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted May 14, 2013 - 10:39 AM

I think a crazy idea would be to calculate the dB of the crowd intensity and use it as the parameter for an algorithm which would be used to make the rim shake at a certain intensity for the away team's hoop when they are shooting free throws.

It would bring a whole new meaning to the significance of home court advantage.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#8 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 14, 2013 - 02:07 PM

10 rules I'd institute immediately.

1) Get rid of the hand check rule

2) Get rid of the 5 second back down in the post rule

3) Shoot all technicals, mostly applying to double tech calls.

4) 1+1 free throw rule.

5) Relax the flagrant foul calls.  Shouldn't be based on how someone lands.

6) If the shot clock expires when possession changes and a break is underway do not call the ball back to be inbounded.

7) Each team allowed 2 replays per game.

8) Flopping penalized by one free throw and the ball - to be decided on the spot, not afterward.

9) Clamp down on moving screens

10) All referees are to be reviewed by a panel consisting of owners, players and coaches at the end of every year.  Based on the review results rewards, penalties, suspensions and the like will be handed out prior to the following seasons.

• 40,395 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 02:30 PM

A lot of these ideas I think are fantastic and would easily make the game so much better, fair, & enjoyable, but sadly the reality is only a few, if any will probably ever take place, and if you think there's more hope for when Stern is out, considering how who is replacing him and how they are buddy buddy to each other, that's not an encouraging sign. Probably means more of the same for the most part.

yo.

#10 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,789 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 15, 2013 - 12:45 AM

A lot of these ideas I think are fantastic and would easily make the game so much better, fair, & enjoyable, but sadly the reality is only a few, if any will probably ever take place, and if you think there's more hope for when Stern is out, considering how who is replacing him and how they are buddy buddy to each other, that's not an encouraging sign. Probably means more of the same for the most part.

Probably not,NBA is only going to be softer and softer.

And we all know Stern will still be the real commissioner when he "retires" . He will pull all the strings from the shadow.

Impossible is nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users