Clippers get:

Pau Gasol

Hornets get:

DeAndre Jordan

Jamal Crawford

Pacers get:

Eric Gordon

Steve Nash

Lakers improve while still being set up well for the 2014 FA class. In fact, Hill would be a nice player to have since the FA class doesn't have a good PG in it anyway.

The Clippers get a low-post option in Gasol, which would help out the team. He can make FTs too, so you don't have to worry about hack-a-bad FT shooter. It was rumored that they wanted to give up something similar for KG. Pau isn't as good of a player, but he's younger and has an expiring contract(which would help them re-sign Bledsoe depending on how much less Pau makes in his next contract).

The Hornets need help defensively. They are 28th in defensive efficiency. DeAndre would help protect the rim. They are rumored to want to get rid of Gordon too. Jamal Crawford would give them a nice stop-gap scorer until Rivers develops.

The Pacers need help offensively. They have been linked to Gordon in the past. Nash might be a good fit with the Pacers. They can cover him up on defense and could use his shooting. The Pacers also need a play-maker.

Edited by Japago, May 12, 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,517 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 12, 2013 - 04:58 PM

I would say no, Hill still has like 3 years and $30 million left on his deal. We would also have to extend Granger as well right?

I'd look at the rockets right now. They'll have a lot of cap space so they can absorb Pau's bloated contract. And because its for only one season there's little risk for them. They can still keep their cap flexibility. Maybe we could pry away Robinson from them.

#3 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted May 12, 2013 - 05:20 PM

I Wish!! And Danny Granger wont be anywhere near the Max on his next contract. We would still have to find another legit 7 footer

#4 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted May 12, 2013 - 05:29 PM

Why would the Lakers have to extend Granger? He becomes a FA during the 2014 offseason, when they want contracts to expire. That's a big reason why I have him in my last 2 trade ideas.

Posted Image

#5 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,517 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 12, 2013 - 05:52 PM

Why would the Lakers have to extend Granger? He becomes a FA during the 2014 offseason, when they want contracts to expire. That's a big reason why I have him in my last 2 trade ideas.

You're right, my mistake. I though he was a FA this offseason. Hill's contract still kind of kills it for me though.

#6 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted May 12, 2013 - 06:04 PM

You're right, my mistake. I though he was a FA this offseason. Hill's contract still kind of kills it for me though.

His contract would basically replace Nash's contract on the payroll. It's a year longer, but Nash's contract still goes into 2014-2015. So, it wouldn't make a difference on that end.

For him, it's not a bad contract. And, he's still likely to be a good player at the end of his contract.

Posted Image

#7 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 12, 2013 - 07:52 PM

I would pull the trigger on this trade

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 12, 2013 - 09:30 PM

Not good for the clippers

Pau Gasol is GONE

#9 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted May 12, 2013 - 10:18 PM

Don't want to trade pau

And not to the clippers
And not for George hill and Danny granger

#10 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 13, 2013 - 05:46 AM

Why not just George Hill for Steve Nash.

In case, we keep both Pau and Howard and go with a more inside-out game (hopefully the Triangle and hopefully without MDA) i think George Hill might be a better fit than Nash. He is more of a two-way player and he can play both guard positions.

For the Pacers this might be a good deal as well. With Paul George becoming a free agent pretty soon, they basically have a 1-2 year window to make enough noise in the east for George to stay. What they lack at this point isn't defense, but offense and that is what Steve Nash can bring. They also have enough cap-room to sign a good back-up PG and Nash's contract is up two years earlier than Hill's.

#11 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 03:00 AM

Actually I can see Grangier Amnestead during the offseason. Indiana doesn't need him. Paul George is the man now. I think we could get him cheap, As far as Hill. would YOU give up Hill for Nash?? Really???

#12 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 03:02 AM

Why not just George Hill for Steve Nash.

In case, we keep both Pau and Howard and go with a more inside-out game (hopefully the Triangle and hopefully without MDA) i think George Hill might be a better fit than Nash. He is more of a two-way player and he can play both guard positions.

For the Pacers this might be a good deal as well. With Paul George becoming a free agent pretty soon, they basically have a 1-2 year window to make enough noise in the east for George to stay. What they lack at this point isn't defense, but offense and that is what Steve Nash can bring. They also have enough cap-room to sign a good back-up PG and Nash's contract is up two years earlier than Hill's.

Why would Indiana let their best player go? #2 Indiana can pay George more money than most other WINNING teams. #3 Indiana's about to win game 7 and go to the finals

#13 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,184 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 02, 2013 - 03:16 AM

Actually I can see Grangier Amnestead during the offseason. Indiana doesn't need him. Paul George is the man now. I think we could get him cheap, As far as Hill. would YOU give up Hill for Nash?? Really???

Granger and Bargnani are probably getting amnestied this year.

Depending on how much Granger really has left coming off the year off I'd like to know it was a low risk move before signing him but yeah we could probably get him for cheap.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#14 Asian_Mamba

Asian_Mamba

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 04:17 AM

They already use their amnesty on James Posey

Edited by Asian_Mamba, June 02, 2013 - 04:20 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users