#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,368 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 12, 2013 - 07:23 PM

hes not much better than meeks - he cant create off the dribble much better at all. he'd just shoot 2% better than meeks from 3 - which basically would make him just as useless. hes just as one-dimensional. pass

An off-season signing Tony Allen, Ronnie Brewer, and Garcia while re-signing Clark and Dwight would be considered a successful off-season realistically.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#42 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted May 12, 2013 - 07:34 PM

An off-season signing Tony Allen, Ronnie Brewer, and Garcia while re-signing Clark and Dwight would be considered a successful off-season realistically.

rather have martell webster alone than the combo of those wings. i want offensive quality over quantity. that,plus athleticism in the player.

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#43 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,803 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 12, 2013 - 07:51 PM

not with MDA still the coach

#44 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 12, 2013 - 08:10 PM

NO

#45 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,368 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 11:19 PM

not with MDA still the coach

Then may as well not watch the Lakers for the next few seasons cause MDA is gfonna remain the coach unless they start losing a lot.

#46 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,153 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 13, 2013 - 12:23 AM

Got to find out if we are keeping Dwight.

As long as we are getting rid of Ebanks/Duhon, I don't see a problem adding Garcia.  Godd on-ball defender, decent team defender, good set shooter.  Not a great ball handler, can't create his own shot and can't guard stronger SF/PFs (LeBron, Melo, MWP, et cetera).

The reason we need to know what Dwight's going to do is we will have many more options with him as a recruiter and lure than without him...especially since Kobe's had this major injury...

Dwight will attract a Nash type "will play for less" player which may make Garcia unnecessary.

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Calling it right now:

Andrew Wiggins will be better than LeBron James.

#47 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 07:08 AM

Then may as well not watch the Lakers for the next few seasons cause MDA is gfonna remain the coach unless they start losing a lot.

Ill watch but ill be laughing at all the MDA supporters.

#48 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,909 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted May 13, 2013 - 07:28 AM

What is "a lot", I would consider losing nearly half your regular season games and getting demolished in the playoffs without even being remotely competitive with the highest payroll in the league "a lot".  That is just me.  When you have this sort of payroll, being a middle of the road team (term used very loosely, and I am sorry for offending other middle of the road teams) is just not acceptable. 

#49 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted May 13, 2013 - 07:29 AM

Dantoni>Francisco Garcia

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#50 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,053 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted May 13, 2013 - 09:23 AM

Ill watch but ill be laughing at all the MDA supporters.

There aren't really any MDA supporters, just people who've accepted the fact he's not going anywhere. Yet.

Posted Image

#51 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,868 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 09:31 AM

Garcia would be a perfect fit for this team, heck even as a starter

Heres how he did in the playoffs: 10.7 points, 3.3 rebs, 1.5 asssists in 27 mins. 44% FG, 46% from 3s in 27 minutes.  He's only 31 and has a ton of gas left in him as his Kings haven't been to the playoffs. He can shoot 3s and play adequate defense. Hes pretty much in the Shane Battier mold, only thing is he cant guard PF's like Battier can sometimes

Edited by MDI, May 13, 2013 - 09:34 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#52 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 11:04 AM

There aren't really any MDA supporters, just people who've accepted the fact he's not going anywhere. Yet.

I know it sounds crazy....but there are. Majesty is one of his biggest.

#53 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 13, 2013 - 01:03 PM

He must be the only one on here. 

Seems like everyone hates the [expletive] out of him. 

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,368 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 01:33 PM

Once again you're wrong but that's usual.

I think he's way over-criticized to the point of ridiculousness but I've stated my problems with him many times and what I give him rope on.  But you never look for them apparently since all you seem to do in threads with me is chime in your two cents about me specifically.  Which is fine with me, just understand you'll never dominate my thoughts in the same way :)

I've also come to grips with the fact that he(D'antoni) isn't going anywhere as long as the team is winning.  

Call me a big supporter of him all you want, I've just grasped the reality that he's gonna be our coach for a while long as we're winning and am not going to root for our team to fail just for him to be fired.  It's petty.  

Instead I'm going to watch to see if he makes any of the adjustments I think he should during this off-season and watching who he brings in as defensive assistants among other things.  Then I'm going to watch what kind of offense he has us running next season and am giving him till a week into the season to give me something different and watch how he utilizes our players.   If he has made no changes and we struggle early he'll be gone anyway.  But if he does make changes and we are actually looking like a good team all the more credit to him.

Sorry if I'm not part of the crowd that jumps on the guy for letting go of the coaching staff after the season before even seeing who the heck he brings in to replace him and I'm not gonna be on the "it doesn't matter! It's D'antoni! He'll fail always!" bandwagon.  

I'm going to go by what he does now, and what changes he makes to the teams offense and what adjustments he makes to utilize our players.   If he fails at that the beginning of the next season will be the tell all.   But I'm not gonna jump on the "we will always fail under him" bandwagon till next season begins and nothing has changed. 

Till then I'm hoping that he is making the proper adjustments and changes.  He has an entire off-season to do it.   If he doesn't there's no excuse and I'll be all for firing him.    But he's got the off-season. So we'll see what he does. 

I've said before, and since you're such a huge fan of mine you can go find the post yourself,  that I'll give D'antoni rope, but that if by the time we're a week into next season and nothing has changed that I'll look to hang him with it.

But obviously you missed that :)

#55 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 02:00 PM

Once again you're wrong but that's usual.

I think he's way over-criticized to the point of ridiculousness but I've stated my problems with him many times and what I give him rope on.  But you never look for them apparently since all you seem to do in threads with me is chime in your two cents about me specifically.  Which is fine with me, just understand you'll never dominate my thoughts in the same way :)

I've also come to grips with the fact that he(D'antoni) isn't going anywhere as long as the team is winning.  

Call me a big supporter of him all you want, I've just grasped the reality that he's gonna be our coach for a while long as we're winning and am not going to root for our team to fail just for him to be fired.  It's petty.  

Instead I'm going to watch to see if he makes any of the adjustments I think he should during this off-season and watching who he brings in as defensive assistants among other things.  Then I'm going to watch what kind of offense he has us running next season and am giving him till a week into the season to give me something different and watch how he utilizes our players.   If he has made no changes and we struggle early he'll be gone anyway.  But if he does make changes and we are actually looking like a good team all the more credit to him.

Sorry if I'm not part of the crowd that jumps on the guy for letting go of the coaching staff after the season before even seeing who the heck he brings in to replace him and I'm not gonna be on the "it doesn't matter! It's D'antoni! He'll fail always!" bandwagon.  

I'm going to go by what he does now, and what changes he makes to the teams offense and what adjustments he makes to utilize our players.   If he fails at that the beginning of the next season will be the tell all.   But I'm not gonna jump on the "we will always fail under him" bandwagon till next season begins and nothing has changed. 

Till then I'm hoping that he is making the proper adjustments and changes.  He has an entire off-season to do it.   If he doesn't there's no excuse and I'll be all for firing him.    But he's got the off-season. So we'll see what he does. 

I've said before, and since you're such a huge fan of mine you can go find the post yourself,  that I'll give D'antoni rope, but that if by the time we're a week into next season and nothing has changed that I'll look to hang him with it.

But obviously you missed that :)

Nope....everyone can look at your post. Its pretty obvious.

You try to bash Pop to make MDA look good.

You try to bash Phil to make MDA look good.

Did the same thing with Mike Brown too.

Edited by LakeShow805, May 13, 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#56 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,368 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Nope....everyone can look at your post. Its pretty obvious.

Yet again wrong.  But I'm not surprised.  You read through my post and realized you were wrong so you are attempting to be clever :)  i'm sure you'll continue to stalk my posts and make incorrect comments in the future as well and chiming in whenever you want to say my name again like you always do :)

Anyway back on the topic of Garcia.

If there is no one else available we could get him but in all honesty if he eats away minutes from Clark he isn't needed.  He may be an upgrade from Meeks but not enough to use the contract on.  cia imo though the Lakers could bring in both.   I'd say get Brewer first and get Garcia if there's no one left.

Edited by Majesty, May 13, 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#57 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yet again wrong.  But I'm not surprised.  You read through my post and realized you were wrong so you are attempting to be clever :)  i'm sure you'll continue to stalk my posts and make incorrect comments in the future as well and chiming in whenever you want to say my name again like you always do :)

Anyway back on the topic of Garcia.

If there is no one else available we could get him but in all honesty if he eats away minutes from Clark he isn't needed.  He may be an upgrade from Meeks but not enough to use the contract on.

lol k

#58 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,368 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 02:07 PM

More on Garcia

Some of the threes he did miss in that OKC series were ridiculous. 

I'll keep Meeks over him.  I'd like to see a significant difference over a small one.

Ronnie Brewer is the better choice because of the added defense and athleticism towards cutting and ability to guard the 1-3 and occasionally 4 positions.  What he lacks in offense he makes up for perimeter defense and cutting ability and he has a very high percentage and efficiency when used as a slasher.  It's in garbage time and when he's used for only jump shots on the perimeter that his usage rate and efficiency goes down.  But a point guard like Blake would know how to use him like he knew how to use Jamison.  So I'd rather go with that since he'd mesh well with a point guard like Blake and hustle guys like Clark and Hill with our bench.    

And it would be a much better choice than Garcia imo though the Lakers could bring in both.   I'd say get Brewer first and get Garcia if there's no one left.

Edited by Majesty, May 13, 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#59 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,515 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 13, 2013 - 02:26 PM

More on Garcia

I'll keep Meeks over him.  I'd like to see a significant difference over a small one.

Ronnie Brewer is the better choice because of the added defense and athleticism towards cutting and ability to guard the 1-3 and occasionally 4 positions.  What he lacks in offense he makes up for perimeter defense and cutting ability and he has a very high percentage and efficiency when used as a slasher.  It's in garbage time and when he's used for only jump shots on the perimeter that his usage rate and efficiency goes down.  But a point guard like Blake would know how to use him like he knew how to use Jamison.  So I'd rather go with that since he'd mesh well with a point guard like Blake and hustle guys like Clark and Hill with our bench.    

And it would be a much better choice than Garcia imo though the Lakers could bring in both.   I'd say get Brewer first and get Garcia if there's no one left.

More on Garcia

brewer is pretty much a one dimensional player..and his stats have dipped significantly. i'd rather have garcia and meeks over brewer.

#60 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,868 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 03:18 PM

NBA sources: Rockets will not pick up the 2013-14 team option on Francisco Garcia's contract which is worth $6,400,000.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users