Photo

Your Thoughts On TWC's First Laker Season?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,039 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 08, 2013 - 09:45 AM

I don't like Billy Mac. I think he sucks too. But I also think Joe sucks.  Spero was good but he was never an LA guy. He's a knicks fan, from NYC and his dream job was to call for the knicks. He even said it on the radio and only get the gig so he can have the knicks job. It was a temp job for him and everybody knows it.  I think the best play by play guy right now is John Ireland.  He is the closest to Chick Hearn that I know of. Ofcourse Chick is a league of his own but I dont know why John Ireland doesn't get the tv job too. I wondered if its because of espn contract.  Love Mykal Thompson but I wish John and Stu team up together and do both radio and tv like how chick and stu used to do it.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#22 tsidebotham

tsidebotham

Rookie

• 103 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 08, 2013 - 10:10 AM

I like Ireland, but he almost OVER commentates.

#23 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,039 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 08, 2013 - 10:23 AM

I like Ireland, but he almost OVER commentates.

But that is what Chick Hearn usually do.  Chick used to say that when he realized he was good at what he was doing is when a blind guy came up to him and thank him.  I hate so called "play by play" guys that are not really play by play. The national play by play guys does it all the time. All they talk about is something else besides what is going on in the game. And there are so many dead air moments. Most of them spend most of their play by play joking around at each other.  Granted those national guys like TNT and ESPN dont do radio so you have to watch it to know whats going on but still John Ireland gave you everything you need to know without watching the game.  If a blind person admirer your work, you are not "over commentating"

Edited by epicwolf, May 08, 2013 - 10:24 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

• 40,365 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 11:11 AM

How would you guys feel if they replaced some of these no-namers with say Max Kellerman and or VTB (Vic The Brick Jacobs)?

Heck, I'd rather see VTB over Andy Adler no homo or anything, but just knowing he'd be a lot more genuine, enthusiastic, and believeable as a fan.

The only thing I like about TWC is Nataly Valenzuela. 

Watch it now, that's West Coast's prima (cousin).

I liked Rambis and Worthy and Backstage Lakers. But Billy Mac and his foody calls and cash whenever Gasol hits a jumper are gonna kill me.

Seriously. You nailed it. Those are the two things that irk me beyond passion the most.

Andy Adler needs to eat a cheeseburger...or eight.  If I hear Billy Mac tell me that Kobe is the hardest worker in the league, or that Gasol...CASH! I may just vomit.

She really does and yes, again, with that annoying Pau money cash thing on the mid-range jumpers, terrible, just terrible.

And I dont know why people hate Andy Adler so much. IMO I think she's pretty hot. She is better looking than a lot of the creatures they put out on espn. 

Wow, well you must seriously be in the minority there and I guess that tells us you must not like Women with very much meat on their bones, at all.

yo.

#25 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,209 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted May 08, 2013 - 12:02 PM

John Ireland is beast at play by play commentary, replace Billy Mac!!

#26 DeeZee

DeeZee

Sixth Man

• 4,148 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, wilt,kareem

Posted May 08, 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hopefully Andy Adler starts reading tweets correctly... She always butchers them

#27 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,027 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 01:47 PM

They over play those "play as one" promo commercials a lot

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#28 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,274 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 03:02 PM

I HATED IT! I DVR all the games because I don't sit at home a lot, and I hate commercials, but every time I FF it the channel would skip ahead 30mins....And it was only the LAKERS GAMES!  :ranting: Any other crap would FF just fine on the channel. :ranting:  :ranting:

Now I'm moving to Florida for the summer, and I will be surrounded by Heat fans, ugh  :byecry:

Edited by Chad, May 08, 2013 - 03:05 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#29 had

had

Rookie

• 18 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted May 08, 2013 - 04:14 PM

Their presentation feels empty and contrived.

Far too much of the same promo over and over again, their studio is garish and has no good "feel" to it.  I hate their in studio hires outside of the ex-Lakers they have on board, and overall the entire thing feels manufactured to em (if that makes sense).

Very unhappy with the entire thing, not at all what it could be.

Yes.

Who is that woman with the knobby knees and the big fake tits doing the twitter thing?  My lord.

And every commerical break, the same promo -- Every game is a chance to build greatness.  Every moment is a world of Lakers dominance.  Etc.

It just got more and more irritating as the season went on.

And who is the host?  He's a tool.

Really bad.  Just awful.

#30 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,758 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 08, 2013 - 04:37 PM

I don't have TWC, so it sucks.

#31 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,200 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 08, 2013 - 09:33 PM

My favorite thing about it was how Big Game James would always RIP into the Lakers after they had just played a pathetic game; he was always keeping it real.

#32 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted May 08, 2013 - 10:36 PM

So far, I like it much better than Fox Sports/KCAL. I always loved Fox Sports, but KCAL in my area (Palm Desert) was not in HD. I was forced to watch the road games with garbage clarity.

But I feel as if TWC Sportsnet could be better. Andy Adler's voice bugs me and I feel as if James Worthy comes close to punching Dave Miller in the face because they just seem like two opposite personalities.

One more thing that bothers me about TWC is the random couch that they sit on. You've got three grown men (two of which are over 6'8") sitting on a tiny couch. Their knees are practically rubbing each other. I mean, what is the purpose of this couch anyways? This isn't Oprah, this is Laker basketball. I wish Rick James would destroy this couch.

That is all.

• 40,365 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 10:59 PM

One more thing that bothers me about TWC is the random couch that they sit on. You've got three grown men (two of which are over 6'8") sitting on a tiny couch. Their knees are practically rubbing each other. I mean, what is the purpose of this couch anyways? This isn't Oprah, this is Laker basketball. I wish Rick James would destroy this couch.

:clap2: You win.

yo.

#34 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,106 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted May 09, 2013 - 05:58 AM

well i give them an F since Verizon in Pgh, PA never ended up getting the channel all season long, while they claimed it was going to come eventually.

but when i did watch them online they did solid work. just wish I could have the channel 24/7. Im getting a lil sick of Worthy's hating azz though.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#35 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 09, 2013 - 06:12 AM

well i give them an F since Verizon in Pgh, PA never ended up getting the channel all season long, while they claimed it was going to come eventually.

but when i did watch them online they did solid work. just wish I could have the channel 24/7. Im getting a lil sick of Worthy's hating azz though.

Why?

The way they were playing a lot of the time, they deserved it

#36 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted May 10, 2013 - 05:03 PM

I don't like Billy Mac. I think he sucks too. But I also think Joe sucks.  Spero was good but he was never an LA guy. He's a knicks fan, from NYC and his dream job was to call for the knicks. He even said it on the radio and only get the gig so he can have the knicks job. It was a temp job for him and everybody knows it.  I think the best play by play guy right now is John Ireland.  He is the closest to Chick Hearn that I know of. Ofcourse Chick is a league of his own but I dont know why John Ireland doesn't get the tv job too. I wondered if its because of espn contract.  Love Mykal Thompson but I wish John and Stu team up together and do both radio and tv like how chick and stu used to do it.

Ireland is a mega homer, not really like Chick.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#37 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 10, 2013 - 05:15 PM

That is all.

Lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#38 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted May 11, 2013 - 05:54 AM

I watched it online so most of the time clarity was really bad. In terms of broadcasting, i think they did an ok job bu t i hope to see them improve. They need to add more feelings to it. Someone said it before the sets are too shallow. I think most of us think the same about James being the only guy adressing our bad plays, bad habits and lack of defensive intesity. Everybody also likes Stu and John Ireland. Really they are great. They definetely need more promos.

Backstage Lakers was solid though, if they do a better job next year, it will be an epic show.

#39 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,106 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted May 13, 2013 - 05:11 AM

Why?

The way they were playing a lot of the time, they deserved it

cuz its always the same with him. he like the writer summers = blame Kobe 1st for everything & down play the rest of the squads issues & problems. the usual espn tag lines. when he clearly sees what the problem is. He goes into over hyping 1 solid gm of Pau all the time as well. I like Coach the most.

but yes they did deserve a lot of negative comments. - they got enough from mainstream media on that regard even when they were winning in 2nd half of season

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#40 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 13, 2013 - 07:06 AM

cuz its always the same with him. he like the writer summers = blame Kobe 1st for everything & down play the rest of the squads issues & problems. the usual espn tag lines. when he clearly sees what the problem is. He goes into over hyping 1 solid gm of Pau all the time as well. I like Coach the most.

but yes they did deserve a lot of negative comments. - they got enough from mainstream media on that regard even when they were winning in 2nd half of season

Not true at all. He would not blame Kobe unless he deserved it. His criticism was usually always spot on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users