#61 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,850 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:55 PM

Depends if Kobe admitted he's not returning since his muscle memory isn't back fully yet. 

That's the thing with Rose, he's been CLEARED.  It's been that way since March 9th.  At that point it's up to the individual and Rose decided that he wasn't comfortable returning due to his muscle memory. 

In all honesty, if he was out there thinking too much it would have hurt his team.

But you have to wonder how much of it IS in his head, maybe his muscle memory isn't where he wants it to be because he's "not" playing.

I mean how long was Dwight's muscle memory "not there" his solution was to play through it.  it took till around March but he got it back. 

Rose isn't going to be able to duplicate the NBA experience or anything else with his body sitting on the bench and practicing, he isn't gonna get the muscle memory of an NBA level type game unless he plays an NBA level type game.  He's going to eventually have to get past that fear and play.  He seems like he wants to get to the level he was at before his injury before he plays again.

That isn't going to happen unless he plays.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#62 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:22 PM

In all honesty, if he was out there thinking too much it would have hurt his team.

But you have to wonder how much of it IS in his head, maybe his muscle memory isn't where he wants it to be because he's "not" playing.

I mean how long was Dwight's muscle memory "not there" his solution was to play through it.  it took till around March but he got it back. 

Rose isn't going to be able to duplicate the NBA experience or anything else with his body sitting on the bench and practicing, he isn't gonna get the muscle memory of an NBA level type game unless he plays an NBA level type game.  He's going to eventually have to get past that fear and play.  He seems like he wants to get to the level he was at before his injury before he plays again.

That isn't going to happen unless he plays.

Oh it's definitely in his head.  You can tell by his interviews.

I won't give him much grief because it's a very serious injury and the rehab is brutal.   My sister, who plays high-level soccer (traveling the U.S, playing the best competition in the nation), tore her ACL and after surgery, returned in 7 months.  But in the first few weeks, you could tell she wasn't trusting her leg and with her brace, players actually targeted her knee.  It was a month after returning she decided to ditch the brace and she started trusting her knee and she never looked back.

The thing about the ACL, when you return, your ACL is said to be stronger than before. The problem with Rose is he was uncomfortable changing the way he played.  He was always going 100 MPH, jumping unnecessarily at times (which is how he got hurt), and I think that was the biggest issue this season.

Doctors just don't clear you after an ACL surgery, they are very strict and you cannot get cleared to RUN until your knee has full extension. When the doctors cleared Rose, it was to return to basketball. When you're cleared for full activity, the doctor is confident that there is no further risk of injuring the ligament.

The point of this post is to say my sister is tougher than Derrick Rose.... :laughing: 

Just kidding obviously.  The biggest thing that hurt Rose was the Bulls announcing he was medically cleared.  Not everyone can be an Adrian Peterson.  It's a tough road, you have to be mentally strong to overcome.

#63 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,019 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 16, 2013 - 05:15 PM

If Rose doesn't trust himself and his knee, what's really in the back of his mind is his long term career, and how he doesn't want to ruin it (even if technically there is no chance of further injury), so that thought is always going to be there and he probably figured to protect his body its best to just come back 100% physically and mentally next season. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users