#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,308 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:08 PM

On April 28 of last season, Derrick Rose tore his ACL and hasn’t played in an NBA game since. The Chicago Bulls, without Rose, earned the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference and defeated the Brooklyn Nets in the first round. One game into the second round, the Bulls hold a one-game lead over the defending champion Miami Heat.

Now, the Bulls may have Rose back on the bench with his uniform on, according to Hoopsworld’s Alex Kennedy.

Word out of Chicago is that Rose may suit up for Game 3, which will be played this Friday. Suiting up doesn’t guarantee that Rose will play, but being in uniform on the bench rather than donning a suit would be a step forward for the 24-year-old.

Considering all of the ailments that the various Chicago Bulls are suffering — Kirk Hinrich’s calf, Luol Deng with meningitis, and Joakim Noah’s plantar fasciitis — having Rose back in uniform would be a huge boost.

Read More Here: http://www.sportscit...ami/2013/05/07/

Edited by Majesty, May 07, 2013 - 06:09 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,224 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:13 PM

ALLLL OF THE SUDDEN. I feel that Rose is mentally weak, great humble kid. but you can't tell me that Shrumpert who had the same injury the same day came back in January and been effected, Heck tonight he jumped high off a putback 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:14 PM

If I'm the Bulls, I am not sure if I want a unsure Rose out on the court.  If he does return, bring him off the bench.

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,133 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Doubt he will. They could really go far too if he did play. Could dominate.

#5 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,224 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:15 PM

If I'm the Bulls, I am not sure if I want a unsure Rose out on the court.  If he does return, bring him off the bench.

Plus, that will mess up their rotations and chemistry potentially 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#6 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,805 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Remember jameer Nelson

don't Play rose
Team chemistry is great right now

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,308 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:19 PM

ALLLL OF THE SUDDEN. I feel that Rose is mentally weak, great humble kid. but you can't tell me that Shrumpert who had the same injury the same day came back in January and been effected, Heck tonight he jumped high off a putback 

You expect a LOT less from Iman than you do Derrick Rose.

There's a difference to tearing your ACL and playing a limited offensive role and asked to play defense.. as opposed to tearing your ACL and coming back to being an all-star and leading your team and being their number one option.

You can't compare the two.

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:23 PM

They could really go far too if he did play. Could dominate.

Dominate would be assuming he instantly returns to top form D-Rose, but I HIGHLY doubt that would be the case. Realistically, that'd be a lot to ask right away of him. I'm certain he would still have some rust and not be able to be 100% of the top form D-Rose that quick eventhough he's fully healthy.

yo.

#9 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,323 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:41 PM

He should play within the system they have already adapted to.

#10 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,772 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:43 PM

They might just suit him up to have the crowd completely explode and sub him out immediately. The bulls are the best team in the NBA as Far as working off of energy.

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:47 PM

Good point, kinda like what the Warriors did with David Lee against Denver the previous series.

yo.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,308 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 07:17 PM

They might just suit him up to have the crowd completely explode and sub him out immediately. The bulls are the best team in the NBA as Far as working off of energy.

Yep that would be good not only for the crowd but it would be good for Rose in general.  If he makes a jump shot or dunks it, it could be a HUGE confidence boost for him.

2 minutes and then sitting him down should be enough. 

Like what the Warriors did with David Lee.

#13 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,199 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 07:31 PM

so this is how the heat will win the series in 5 lol. you don't come back after missing an entire season and then be defended by lebron and wade and be successful.

he's a great player but he's not michael jordan

stay on the bench for a while. if the bulls were up 3-0 i'd say might as well. but they aren't.

Posted Image

#14 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,495 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 07, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Game 6, Bulls up 3-2. Beginning of 4th Quarter, Bulls down 2. Rose subs in, Crowd Goes Wild, Players go Wild. Rose hits a jump shot over Lebron's face, Rose get's a steal, dunks it.

Posted Image

#15 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 07, 2013 - 09:17 PM

My favorite player other then Kobe. Hope he plays soon and dominates. Hope he stops the LeBron mvp streak

Edited by LakersFanatic, May 07, 2013 - 09:17 PM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 09:22 PM

What's up with the word dominate with Rose coming up twice already? Some of y'all are seriously asking way too much of him too soon. That's unrealistic.

yo.

#17 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 07, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Sad to hear, because all of the spotlight will be removed from the players who carried this team the entire season, all for a guy who wants to make a return in a Game 3 (which, laughably, is in Chicago).

He should have had his ass out there in Game 1 of the series against the Nets, or 2-3 games before the end of the regular season.

If Chicago beats Miami, and they have given indication that they COULD, they have a shot at the championship.  A part of me feels like Rose knows this, after Game 1, and he wants his hand in it.  If he were to not play a single game all year long, which I can assure you was going to be the plan...he would be ridiculed, assuming Chicago took home the Larry O'Brien.

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 09:51 PM

If Chicago beats Miami, and they have given indication that they COULD, they have a shot at the championship.  A part of me feels like Rose knows this, after Game 1, and he wants his hand in it. 

I agree, especially when you consider if what his close Brother leaked out is true about Rose not really wanting to come back because he felt a bit frustrated it wasn't worth it with this team not being good enough and the franchise not surrounding/getting him more help, but now as you say, surprise surprise, he sees that maybe just maybe they might not be as bad as he initially thought and now he wants in suddenly.

yo.

#19 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,394 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted May 07, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Sad to hear, because all of the spotlight will be removed from the players who carried this team the entire season, all for a guy who wants to make a return in a Game 3 (which, laughably, is in Chicago).

He should have had his ass out there in Game 1 of the series against the Nets, or 2-3 games before the end of the regular season.

If Chicago beats Miami, and they have given indication that they COULD, they have a shot at the championship.  A part of me feels like Rose knows this, after Game 1, and he wants his hand in it.  If he were to not play a single game all year long, which I can assure you was going to be the plan...he would be ridiculed, assuming Chicago took home the Larry O'Brien.

Exactly what I said

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#20 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted May 07, 2013 - 10:25 PM

D.Rose is great but If I were him I would not return until Bulls lose atleast two games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users