9 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,167 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:33 AM

A lot of people don't understand how powerl Mikail Prokhorov is. He is the new kid on the block who is by far the richest owner in the NBA. He makes the Buss family seems like middle class owners. I was reading up on this guy and how he got his riches in Russia and I began to think this guy will do something huge in the NBA soon.  He is in his kind of rookie year ownership and feeling the waters here and there but we are just waiting on a huge splash from this guy. Do you seriously believe that Prokhorov willing to sit at his 5 trillion dollar mansion in Russia trying to make the Nets like expansion team? What do you guys think of him persuing Phil Jackson even though Phil is currently "working" for the Pistons as an "advisor" a title that doesn't mean crap really.  And Don't be surprised if he try to get D12 and CP3 on his team.  Now you guys probably be like "no way because of salary cap".  Sounds good but this guy is willing to go way over the luxury tax to do so. Luxury tax to him is like a night out at a club. This guy is rediculously rich. And his mafia mentality can get it done.  Don't be surprised if D12 and Cp3 leave LA to go to Brooklyn.  And I know this could be a stretch but what makes you think Mikail wont persue Lebron? This guy history is get what he wants and money is not an issue.  Luxury tax? Who cares with this guy. No way the Buss family will hang with this kat.

Imagine D12, CP3 and Lebron.   NBA will fine Mikail if that happens but he probably doesn't care eaither.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:41 AM

Yeah, ok.

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:41 AM

If he was going after LeBron, Jay-Z would have kept his ownership. Maybe doing a little research on his ownership standing would be appropriate before drawing conclusions like that.

CP3 is staying as a Clipper as long as VDN is gone, and he definitely will not be retained.

Simply "paying luxury tax" isn't what this new CBA is about. There are so many restrictions against outright signing those superstars it's pretty much impossible.

They do have a nice core set up though. A new coach and a few role players can make them a scary team. They don't need those you mentioned.

Also, guys like Cuban are also billionaires. The luxury tax is nothing for them either. They would love to pay for championships but it's not that simple.

#4 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,036 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:45 AM

If the Nets are about to get CP3 and Howard Stern damn well better veto that [expletive]. 

#5 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,214 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 07, 2013 - 07:41 AM

gotta have the cap space to even get them signed first before you think about luxury tax

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,401 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 07:44 AM

People have been talking about him the last few years but so far he's been all talk with little bite.

#7 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted May 07, 2013 - 11:54 AM

If the Nets are about to get CP3 and Howard Stern damn well better veto that [expletive]. 

He can't veto that because the NBA doesn't own the Clippers and the Lakers.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#8 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,036 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted May 07, 2013 - 01:37 PM

He can't veto that because the NBA doesn't own the Clippers and the Lakers.

I know it was just a joke because the last time that was about to happen the owners got all pissy. 

#9 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,829 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 01:09 PM

Sources: In wake of Clippers $2B sale price, Prokhorov's listening to purchase overtures on his Brooklyn Nets. http://yhoo.it/1jr76EM 

#10 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted June 14, 2014 - 01:17 PM

A lot of people don't understand how powerl Mikail Prokhorov is. He is the new kid on the block who is by far the richest owner in the NBA. He makes the Buss family seems like middle class owners. I was reading up on this guy and how he got his riches in Russia and I began to think this guy will do something huge in the NBA soon.  He is in his kind of rookie year ownership and feeling the waters here and there but we are just waiting on a huge splash from this guy. Do you seriously believe that Prokhorov willing to sit at his 5 trillion dollar mansion in Russia trying to make the Nets like expansion team? What do you guys think of him persuing Phil Jackson even though Phil is currently "working" for the Pistons as an "advisor" a title that doesn't mean crap really.  And Don't be surprised if he try to get D12 and CP3 on his team.  Now you guys probably be like "no way because of salary cap".  Sounds good but this guy is willing to go way over the luxury tax to do so. Luxury tax to him is like a night out at a club. This guy is rediculously rich. And his mafia mentality can get it done.  Don't be surprised if D12 and Cp3 leave LA to go to Brooklyn.  And I know this could be a stretch but what makes you think Mikail wont persue Lebron? This guy history is get what he wants and money is not an issue.  Luxury tax? Who cares with this guy. No way the Buss family will hang with this kat.

Imagine D12, CP3 and Lebron.   NBA will fine Mikail if that happens but he probably doesn't care eaither.

Five Trillion that's pretty impressive lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users