#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 07, 2013 - 05:28 AM

Read carefully.

1) All free articles posted in our topics, initial posts or replies, must be a few blocks of text (3-4 blocks), and linking to the rest.  Posting full articles will not be tolerated.

2) Any articles that are behind pay walls (meaning, you must have a paid subscription to read them) are not to be posted here.  Only the links can be shared.

Examples of pay wall sites are the OC Register (which just turned into one) and ESPN Insider.  The Insider articles will give you a short preview, which CAN be added to the post.

--------

Members violating the new guidelines concerning articles behind pay walls (again, requiring a subscription to read) will be suspended indefinitely, no excuses.

Those posting free articles in full will be subject to warnings + a suspension, depending on past occurrences.

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,324 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 07, 2013 - 05:31 AM

In the past I've posted full articles and left a link at the end. Sorry if this was a rule I was breaking and didn't know. My bad. 

And please clarify whats a "block" of text is.
Is it 1 paragraph = 1 block?

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 07, 2013 - 05:32 AM.

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 05:51 AM

Well, with sports articles, it's sometimes hard to say a block of text is a paragraph...because some of their "paragraphs" are two sentences long.

So, basically, I would just say yes...for the free articles, anywhere from 3-4 blocks of text (paragraphs, whatever you want to call them), and then a link.

I mean, you can just be the judge of it.  Don't post any more than 25% of an article.  I don't know, haha.

Example...

The Brooklyn Nets have contacted Phil Jackson about replacing the outgoing P.J. Carlesimo, according to a source.

After Jackson, the source says the list of current Nets candidates consists of Larry Brown and Brian Shaw.

Neither Nate McMillan nor brothers Jeff and Stan Van Gundy are on the list, the source said. That could change if the Nets fail to land one of their top three choices.

Boston coach Doc Rivers would interest the Nets should the Celtics agree to let him out of his current contract, the source said. Jerry Sloan, whom star point guard Deron Williams recently endorsed, is a long-shot candidate.

http://espn.go.com/n...oaching-vacancy

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,324 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:51 AM

cool. comprende.

#5 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted May 07, 2013 - 07:44 AM

Members violating these new guidelines will be suspended indefinitely, no excuses.

Seems a bit to strict, can we atleast get warnings first about 3 strikes is fair.

I'll try to not break these new guidelines Real Deal.

#6 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 07, 2013 - 07:47 AM

Have you been receiving warnings from these other sites?

#7 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 07, 2013 - 07:53 AM

Just tell us what is in the articles.

Like, "Pelton hates Kobe."

Edited by UKUGA, May 07, 2013 - 07:53 AM.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Have you been receiving warnings from these other sites?

We received a cease and desist letter concerning a topic that was posted with an OC Register article included.

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 07, 2013 - 08:38 AM

Members violating these new guidelines will be suspended indefinitely, no excuses.

Seems a bit to strict, can we atleast get warnings first about 3 strikes is fair.

I'll try to not break these new guidelines Real Deal.

Considering that we received a cease and desist letter, the rule isn't strict at all. 

Unless members want the forums shut down, they will follow the rule.  It's really not that difficult to follow and many members are good about doing it anyways.  We just need all the members on the same page. 

#10 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 08:50 AM

I did clarify the warning/suspension situation.  That's my fault.

Members violating the new guidelines concerning articles behind pay walls (again, requiring a subscription to read) will be suspended indefinitely, no excuses.

Those posting free articles in full will be subject to warnings + a suspension, depending on past occurrences.

But what needs to be understood: just ONE instance of a paid article posted on the forums, and it's an indefinite suspension.

This should have been known for quite some time, also.  You can't post things like ESPN Insider articles...common sense, guys.  And it won't be a case of slipping up if you do, because when you're headed to read those types of articles, you know you have to be signed in and subscribed.

#11 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted May 07, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Understood, no articles that requires subscription our it can shut our forums down.

Only the links can be shared and  The Insider articles will give you a short preview, which CAN be added to the post.

Yeah, Real Deal and West Coast you received a cease and desist letter. Not posting links from those sites just to be safe.Thanks for the information. :D

#12 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,524 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 07, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Yea I usually see this rule on most forums. Was actually curious why it wasn't up before. I figured you guys just didn't get any flack about it.

#13 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,666 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted May 07, 2013 - 11:42 AM

Lol I woulda got banned 50 times last year with all the Insider Articles I posted. Hahaa.

#14 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 07, 2013 - 04:19 PM

One way to avoid this: just don't pay for any Internet content in the first place.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

• 40,380 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Not trying to be a douche, but we might wanna' help this guy out:

http://lakernation.c...n/#entry1350412

http://lakernation.c...ach-phil-handy/

http://lakernation.c...r/#entry1350430

He's part of the staff too so you would think he'd know, but don't wanna' lose him from the site all completely for this. Just let him know about these rule changes.

Edited by    , May 10, 2013 - 10:06 PM.

yo.

#16 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,657 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 11, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Not trying to be a douche, but we might wanna' help this guy out:

http://lakernation.c...n/#entry1350412

http://lakernation.c...ach-phil-handy/

http://lakernation.c...r/#entry1350430

He's part of the staff too so you would think he'd know, but don't wanna' lose him from the site all completely for this. Just let him know about these rule changes.

lol thats kinda ironic

• 40,380 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 06:54 PM

You may need to inform one of your staff members:

http://lakernation.c...l/#entry1398488

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users