37 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,350 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted May 06, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Korver adds an offensive talent to the roster but does not help the Lakers perimeter defense, another need at the wings. Still, Korver could be a sixth man type and gives vital depth to a position the Lakers lacked through 2012-2013.

Are the Lakers going to dig into their future salary space for an aging Korver? There’s no clear path for the Lakers to land Korver, and with his shooting expertise he should be able to land the kind of contract he’s looking for. It just won’t be with the Lakers.

What do you think guys? Hes a great shooter from outside but without D!!!

http://www.lakersnat...son/2013/05/06/

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 Holden_Magroin

Holden_Magroin

Rookie

• 53 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe

Posted May 06, 2013 - 10:31 AM

He's a floor spacer, and second best shooter by percentage in the league last year. Exactly what we could use. Might be a little too expensive though but he wants multiple years so 3 mllion per year for 3 years would be a fantastic singing. 

#3 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 06, 2013 - 10:45 AM

We can't afford him.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#4 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted May 06, 2013 - 11:44 AM

he better be

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted May 06, 2013 - 11:46 AM

can't afford.

#6 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,152 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 06, 2013 - 11:52 AM

I come to realization with my last stupid thread i created about Jarret Jack that the Lakers cannot afford anybody.  And I mean ANYBODY!  In order for the Lakers to be off the books in 2014, they cannot spend any more money and have any more long contracts. THIS IS THE ROSTER WE WILL HAVE SO DEAL WITH IT!!!

Edited by epicwolf, May 06, 2013 - 11:52 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#7 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted May 06, 2013 - 11:56 AM

he be great threat from 3 point land. would bring a legit outside shooter. better than meeks thats for sure.

Posted Image

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,172 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 06, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Another Meeks.

One dimensional, can't get his own shot, can only do one thing, and if he isn't making threes he's useless.

The difference was Meeks actually tried on the defensive end, Korver won't give you that.

It would be like having Jason Kapono again with maybe a few more threes made.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#9 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted May 06, 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hawks Want To Re-Sign Kyle Korver
May 06, 2013 4:41 PM EDT

Korver_Kyle_atl_121201.jpg

The Atlanta Hawks have let Kyle Korver know that they want to re-sign him in free agency this offseason, and the interest in staying together is mutual.

“They said they would like to work something out, so we’ll talk in July,” Korver said. “I really enjoyed my year here in Atlanta. I enjoyed the team. I enjoyed the organization. I believe (general manager) Danny Ferry is going to do some great things here. I think he has a great opportunity to bring in guys who are going to play fun basketball.

“You know the vision he has. You know the kind of basketball that he likes to watch, and I think he’s going to bring in those types of guys, and I like the same basketball that he likes. So, I’m very open to coming back here.”

Korver, obtained in last offseason's trade with the Chicago Bulls, will become an unrestricted free agent July 1.

#10 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,471 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Another Meeks.

One dimensional, can't get his own shot, can only do one thing, and if he isn't making threes he's useless.

The difference was Meeks actually tried on the defensive end, Korver won't give you that.

It would be like having Jason Kapono again with maybe a few more threes made.

Except Korver is a better shooter.

#11 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:06 PM

45% from three not to mention

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,172 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:07 PM

yeah but it's the same problems that Meeks gives us without the defensive effort.

Korver only stands in one place, only does one thing, and never even tries to go off the dribble. 

he doesn't offer defense and has a one dimensional game.   That's all we'd get with him. 

45% from three not to mention

And in the post season when pace slows down and he's actually defended, his shooting percentage dropped 10 percent from 45 to 35. 

That's very telling.

We don't need another one of those.

Edited by Majesty, May 06, 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#13 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,471 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:23 PM

yeah but it's the same problems that Meeks gives us without the defensive effort.

Korver only stands in one place, only does one thing, and never even tries to go off the dribble. 

he doesn't offer defense and has a one dimensional game.   That's all we'd get with him. 

And in the post season when pace slows down and he's actually defended, his shooting percentage dropped 10 percent from 45 to 35. 

That's very telling.

We don't need another one of those.

Yea  but in LA, he wont be defended with Dwight or Kobe out there. I wouldn't mind him but if there is someone good on both sides then Im all in for signing them.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,172 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:28 PM

Yea  but in LA, he wont be defended with Dwight or Kobe out there. I wouldn't mind him but if there is someone good on both sides then Im all in for signing them.

here's the thing though, you're thinking only offense.

Korver won't even TRY on the defensive end and his range on the offensive end begins and ends at the 3 point line, and like I said when he's actually guarded he isn't gonna give you numbers, he went from regular season at 45% to post season at 35% not only that but he isn't a spring chicken either, you'd think we'd have already learned this lesson with Kapono.

He is also about to hit the mid 30s so you wonder how much longer his legs are gonna be holding up. 

if we signed him here and passed up on a guy like Martell Webster we would pay for it indefinitely.

Korver is all that he is and there is no reason to go and get Korver if you already have Meeks.

Meeks got a lot of wide open shots here too more than he ever got in Philly and we saw what happened.  It could happen with Korver here and if all he can do is spot up shoot 3s that leaves your options limited when the 3 isn't falling.

Get a player that can actually do more if his jump shot isn't falling or Kobe is gonna have to be called in again to play more minutes. 

Cause if all the guy can do is shoot 3s, and those 3s don't fall then Kobe is gonna have to come in cause the guy can't do anything else.

And in the playoffs when it actually matters teams prepare for guys like Korver, it was proven just now what happens when a team prepares for a guy like Korver, he struggles.

So he could bomb away for us all season and shoot 45% from three or more, but when the playoffs get here especially in the WEST where there are wing defenders galore on our rival teams, Korver will be rendered useless as being "just" a three point shooter.  And since he can't do anything else, guess who has to come in and play 40 minutes again? 

Edited by Majesty, May 06, 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#15 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,926 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 06, 2013 - 04:09 PM

Again, with what money?

You've got to do the tiniest bit of research before you make a thread about every player that crosses your mind man.

#16 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,775 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted May 06, 2013 - 04:15 PM

If trashtoni has his way, the players next year are diaw, barbosa, and the other garbage from seven years ago. He will win it all with his system! Forget korver, lets go Sean marks!

#17 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 06, 2013 - 04:42 PM

If trashtoni has his way, the players next year are diaw, barbosa, and the other garbage from seven years ago. He will win it all with his system! Forget korver, lets go Sean marks!

If he has his way, we will sign and trade Dwight for Amare

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 04:57 PM

I come to realization with my last stupid thread i created about Jarret Jack that the Lakers cannot afford anybody. And I mean ANYBODY! In order for the Lakers to be off the books in 2014, they cannot spend any more money and have any more long contracts. THIS IS THE ROSTER WE WILL HAVE SO DEAL WITH IT!!!

Lakers can add two players for the mini MLE (split) and get players for the veteran minimum contracts.

They just have to be smart in who they get.

#19 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:06 PM

I'm not sure if LA is capable of being smart anymore

Pau Gasol is GONE

#20 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,788 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thank God is not financially viable, because he would be perfect for Coach Moron.  Distance shooter who plays no defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users