25 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 04, 2013 - 01:54 PM

It was a tough year as a laker fan and whats worst is seeing the Clippers having their so called "best season" ever. But the world has come back to normal again and the Clippers having their "best season' and the Lakers having one of their 'worst season" end up having almost the same ending.  This town will never be a clipper town. As a number 1 clipper hater, I am throwing a party for the exit of the Clippers in the playoff. I am glad the world finally realized how crappy this franchise is and how they have the worst owner in all of sports. For you clipper fans (mostly laker haters) I want you to just go away and find another team to root for. Now you guys can argue the Clippers future might be better but I can argue that as long as I put a curse on this franchise, this franchise will never be successful. Stay where you belong.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 04, 2013 - 02:27 PM

image.png

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 04, 2013 - 02:29 PM

32561591.jpg

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#4 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 04, 2013 - 02:43 PM

Clipper fans are just hipsters and Laker haters. Honestly. Such a bandwagon fan base

#5 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 04, 2013 - 04:16 PM

The Clippers have a larger bandwagon fan base  than the Heat! hahaha

Edited by lakers1o1, May 04, 2013 - 04:16 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#6 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 912 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted May 04, 2013 - 05:00 PM

So glad that they're out. With their breakout season  :clap2:  :bleh:  :smh:  :bow:  :laughing:  :turrible:  :beers2:

#7 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 420 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted May 04, 2013 - 05:01 PM

I hope they enjoy their division championship banner.. Buncha posers.. ;)

#8 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted May 04, 2013 - 06:36 PM

I hope they enjoy their division championship banner.. Buncha posers.. ;)

It's a very nice Tablecloth

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#9 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted May 04, 2013 - 06:37 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#10 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 810 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 04, 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hahahahaha....

#11 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 912 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:38 PM

I saw Clippers 2013 Western Conference Champions t-shirts at dollar tree today.

#12 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 599 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:55 PM

^Surprised it's worth that much.

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#13 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,960 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted May 05, 2013 - 03:09 AM

It's funny because it's the Clippers.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#14 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,317 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted May 06, 2013 - 04:07 AM

Let's see, its:

1.  A team with a still young core

2.  With some payroll flexibility this offseason

3.  Assuming he re-signs, a superstar in his prime

4.  A questionable coach with an expired contract

I wish we had their roster and their issues right now.  They are so much more immediately solvable than ours.  

Hire Stan Van Gundy, Brian Shaw, Nate McMillan or Jerry Sloan.  Coach issue is solved.

Dump Deandre Jordan for a decent big man committed to steady defense and who will give you a few points and rebounds.  Pekovic?  Al Jefferson? Someone else?

Get a good wing defender.  Ariza?

Laugh all you want.  The Clippers are just not that far from being a c-ship caliber team.  Will they get to that level?  I dont know, and the owner certainly has a long history of screwing it up, but we have an owner with a short history of doing the same.

Edited by LakerGeezer, May 06, 2013 - 04:10 AM.

Debbie Downer

#15 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 06, 2013 - 05:40 AM

Let's see, its:

I wish we had their roster and their issues right now.  They are so much more immediately solvable than ours.  

Hire Stan Van Gundy, Brian Shaw, Nate McMillan or Jerry Sloan.  Coach issue is solved.

Dump Deandre Jordan for a decent big man committed to steady defense and who will give you a few points and rebounds.  Pekovic?  Al Jefferson? Someone else?

Laugh all you want.  The Clippers are just not that far from being a c-ship caliber team.  Will they get to that level?  I dont know, and the owner certainly has a long history of screwing it up, but we have an owner with a short history of doing the same.

It all sounds great and all but you talking about Donald Sterling here.  Did you realized he "fired" the GM that put the roster together? Oh im sorry, my mistake, Neil Olshey left the club on his own terms.  We all know Olshey wanted a raised and Sterling being the cheapest mo fo in sports didnt want to pay the guy so he left. And I find it unfair to compared Jim Buss to Donald Sterling. He only had a few years of fully controlling the club. And remember Jim did get D12 and Nash to come here. It just happens he hired the wrong coach for them. I will never compared anybody to Sterling. That is a huge slap in the face to anybody if you compared them to sterling. 

As long as Sterling owns the team, the clippers will NEVER and I mean EVER win a championship or even go to the finals. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#16 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,737 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 06, 2013 - 06:32 AM

Let's see, its:

Why?

We have a superstar in his prime and all our contracts come off the books in 2014. Besides the coach situation, we are in a better spot for improving.

#17 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 420 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:08 AM

Sterling is about making money. If this team doesn't show up next year and make a deep playoff run, I expect the same old Clips to return.

And that is if Paul re signs this off season. If not it will be the same old Clip show.

#18 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,317 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Why?

We have a superstar in his prime and all our contracts come off the books in 2014. Besides the coach situation, we are in a better spot for improving.

35 years old  + major  injury = past his prime.

28 years old + 1 year removed from major surgery might = prime, we will see next year

And yes, there is nowhere to go but up, in terms of a coach.

Edited by LakerGeezer, May 06, 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Debbie Downer

#19 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,317 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:20 PM

It all sounds great and all but you talking about Donald Sterling here.  Did you realized he "fired" the GM that put the roster together? Oh im sorry, my mistake, Neil Olshey left the club on his own terms.  We all know Olshey wanted a raised and Sterling being the cheapest mo fo in sports didnt want to pay the guy so he left. And I find it unfair to compared Jim Buss to Donald Sterling. He only had a few years of fully controlling the club. And remember Jim did get D12 and Nash to come here. It just happens he hired the wrong coach for them. I will never compared anybody to Sterling. That is a huge slap in the face to anybody if you compared them to sterling. 

As long as Sterling owns the team, the clippers will NEVER and I mean EVER win a championship or even go to the finals. 

Yeah, it is all just good potential for now.  Lets see how Sterling plays it this offseason.

We will see how Olshey does in Portland.  He is a bright guy.  Some folks seem to think that Sacks was the real brains who put the Clippers roster together and he certainly gets credit for signing most of the FAs in the offseason.  The test for him will be this offseason.  Time will tell.

Edited by LakerGeezer, May 06, 2013 - 07:42 PM.

Debbie Downer

#20 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:Mychal

Posted May 06, 2013 - 11:35 PM

I wonder if Blake's Kia can take him and his team back to game 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users