Photo

Carmelo Felt Shoulder Pop Out Of Place In Collision With Avery Bradley

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted May 04, 2013 - 12:03 PM

Carmelo+Anthony+Golden+State+Warriors+v+

By Ian Begley | Special to ESPNNewYork.com

BOSTON -- Carmelo Anthony said that his left arm "popped in and out" of his troublesome left shoulder late in the Knicks' Game 6 win over the Celtics.

"It's a little sore. The more I get beat up, the sorer it gets," Anthony said.

The Knicks All-Star forward re-injured the shoulder during a fourth-quarter collision with Boston guard Avery Bradley.

"It was a little sore throughout the whole game," Anthony said. "Then when Bradley came and hit my shoulder from behind, it really just kind of popped in and out a little bit. But I'm fine."

Anthony insisted that he'd be healthy enough to take the floor in Game 1 of the Knicks-Pacers series on Sunday afternoon.

"It's not something I come into the game thinking about," he said after scoring 21 points to help the Knicks to an 88-80 series-clinching win over the Celtics. "Certain things I do out there on the court, I can feel it."

Anthony initially hurt his shoulder Wednesday in Game 5 when Kevin Garnett tugged on it.

It is the same shoulder that Anthony injured against the Pacers at the end of the regular season.

Anthony will have one day to receive treatment on the shoulder before the Knicks begin their second-round series against Indiana.

In other Knicks injury news, injured forward Amar'e Stoudemire hopes to return sometime during the second round, but it's unlikely to be in Game 1.

Coach Mike Woodson said before Game 6 that Stoudemire would not be able to return to play on Sunday.

Steve Novak will likely sit out with back spasms. Novak missed Friday's game due to the back ailment.

Woodson did not have a specific timetable for Novak's return but hinted that he'd be unavailable until early next week.

http://espn.go.com/n...d-during-game-6

• 40,604 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 12:25 PM

He'll be alright. Just gotta' put those big boy pants on again. It's the playoffs. Everybody's hurt.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users