90 replies to this topic

#81 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 27, 2013 - 09:21 AM

Duuuude Paul Pierce in Lakers will happen I can sense it! Just like I can sense CP3 signing for the Mini MLE!

Nice sarcasm. One question, do you really think we get any younger this year?

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#82 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,243 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted May 27, 2013 - 09:37 AM

Nice sarcasm. One question, do you really think we get any younger this year?

Yeah we can get younger, but it starts with whether we can re-sign Dwight or not. With just Nash being on the books next Summer, we can try to make a trade by dealing all of our expiring contracts like Pau for either a draft pick in this years draft or package him to a place where we can get young players in return. Steve Blakes stock probably went up due to his play at the end of the season, maybe we can find someone for him or at least something. With Duhon and Blake having expiring contracts along with Pau and Metta all Mitch can do now is to try and find a trade. 

#83 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 10:51 AM

Yeah we can get younger, but it starts with whether we can re-sign Dwight or not. With just Nash being on the books next Summer, we can try to make a trade by dealing all of our expiring contracts like Pau for either a draft pick in this years draft or package him to a place where we can get young players in return. Steve Blakes stock probably went up due to his play at the end of the season, maybe we can find someone for him or at least something. With Duhon and Blake having expiring contracts along with Pau and Metta all Mitch can do now is to try and find a trade. 

Im talking about for 2013... Its pretty sad that Laker's fan don't want to contend next season. I'm all in for next season. Bring back D12. Get a roster that can contend.. We did pretty good with our whole crew at the end of the all star break. Lets make the bench better. Paul Pierce can help do that. (cheap too considering his skill set as his age). Get rid of Metta, Meeks, Ebanks, Duhon, etc (other scrubs). Get some serviceable players for once. If we fail, get younger in 2014. Simple af

#84 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 27, 2013 - 11:05 AM

We can contend next year. But it will be tough to re-tool the roster and maintain flexibility or 2014.

A lot of it goes back to Dwight returning A) to the Lakers and to B) re-back surgery form

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#85 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 27, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Is there anyway to drop metta, add Paul and another 2/3...b/c Hell yeah

talk about fitting better. Paul is the perfect: Play first five minutes and sit

Nash,Paul Pau sit

Blake,Kobe,athletic wing player,Clark, Dwight for 3 miinutes

Blake,AWP,Clark,Hill,Dwight for 2 minutes then swap Pau for Dwight to end the 1st

Nash starts the 2nd with Pierce , AWP,Hill and Pau and you eventually replace Nash and Pierce, bring KObe back in to finish last 7 minytes of quarter, and maybe only have the starters play a total of12-16 total minutes together in the game to never be too slow.

But again, that's just a what if.

I don't want Pierce.

#86 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 03:45 PM

Paul would be amazing for our offense. He knows how to play good TEAM defense too.

#87 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 27, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Paul would be amazing for our offense. He knows how to play good TEAM defense too.

So does Nash, but all that doesn't matter to critics when people start beating him to the basket.

Unfortunately shrinking the floor is an under-appreciated element of defense. 

I'm sure after about half the season is over some people will be saying how terrible of a defender he is and how we never should have signed him.

But that's a graet thing to notice that he knows how to play good team defense, knowing where to send peopel and when to give ground is very under appreciated nowadays.

+1

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#88 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 05:01 PM

So does Nash, but all that doesn't matter to critics when people start beating him to the basket.

Unfortunately shrinking the floor is an under-appreciated element of defense. 

I'm sure after about half the season is over some people will be saying how terrible of a defender he is and how we never should have signed him.

But that's a graet thing to notice that he knows how to play good team defense, knowing where to send peopel and when to give ground is very under appreciated nowadays.

+1

The thing is Nash is so bad at defense that it is hard to play good team defense with him sometimes.. Especially since young PG's are so damn quick with penetration. Plus you don't expect to play good team defense with MDA. But then again we have D12 we should've done fine. MDA sucks lmfaooo.

Edited by Ham, May 27, 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#89 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,344 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 27, 2013 - 09:32 PM

Nash is actually a good team defender - but that doesn't matter if the coach doesn't play team defense. 

Chicago made it to the eastern semi finals on solid defensive principles alone - without their best player and they could have made a push if they didn't have injuries to half their team. Coach Thibs even made Boozer into a servicable defender. That is the type of basketball we should play. 

#90 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 01:24 PM

Nash is actually a good team defender - but that doesn't matter if the coach doesn't play team defense. 

Chicago made it to the eastern semi finals on solid defensive principles alone - without their best player and they could have made a push if they didn't have injuries to half their team. Coach Thibs even made Boozer into a servicable defender. That is the type of basketball we should play. 

I never said he was a bad team defender. Thibs is on a completely different level in coaching compared to MDA. Thibs is probably the best current coach aside from Pop. Pop had duncan, parker, and ginobli so its hard to compare them right now. MDA is just trash.

#91 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 28, 2013 - 02:02 PM

I guess I hold the Bulls to a different standard with how they dealt with injury.

I give Thibs mountains of credit for his coaching ability and wish we had him.

But at the same time they had an entire off-season to prepare for a Rose-less Bulls team and they built around trying to deepen their team in case other injuries happened.

We were more caught off guard by them the Bulls were too.

Remember when Rose went down in the playoffs and they had no real time to prepare for it? They lost the next 4 games. That's what happened to them in a situation similar to ours.

That said, I love how they dealt with not having Rose all year, but when those other injuries started happening(like losing Heinrich for example) it was a matter of time sadly.

But at least the Lakers now have an off-season to prepare for "if injuries" I don't see Pierce being an answer but if he wants to fill the Jamison role ill be happy with that.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users