#61 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,069 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:23 PM

Are some of you guys kidding???  You guys wouldn't embrace and accept Pierce joining the Lakers just because he's been one of the Celtic greats???

Any player such as Pierce that is beneficial to this depleted Lakers bench and team in general would be a gift.  Despite his age, he is a great competitor and would be the center piece/leader of the bench.  Even though I doubt it happens, Pierce would easily average 12-14 points per game off the bench and to compare him to this years Antawn Jamison is disrespectful.

And as for the people saying that their are young guys with Pierce's ability that would accept the MLE.  Name me two if not one....

They'd hate him till he came into summer camp.

Rivalries don't mean anything if he is producing for the team.  People let go of that stuff AFTER the fact, but before the fact they'll just fight it and fight it and fight it.   Cause it's change.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#62 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:25 PM

Rather have Pierce than MWP...thats forsure

#63 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,069 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Rather have Pierce than MWP...thats forsure

Pierce is worse defensively and more inconsistent offensively than Metta is at this point in his career if you seen this season.

You bring Pierce off the bench at this point, you don't bring him here to start.

Edited by Majesty, May 06, 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#64 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 06, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Pierce is worse defensively and more inconsistent offensively than Metta is at this point in his career if you seen this season.

You bring Pierce off the bench at this point, you don't bring him here to start.

Did you say that Piece is more inconsistent than Metta offensively this season? That blind homerism. I'm sorry you're on drugs. Yes, I agree with him coming off the bench.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#65 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,069 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:56 PM

Did you say that Piece is more inconsistent than Metta offensively this season? That blind homerism. I'm sorry you're on drugs. Yes, I agree with him coming off the bench.

yeah I did, and yes Pierce this season was, I saw enough of him to understand that. I'm not a Celtics fan so I enjoyed it :)

If I looked up his stats I'd say that he shot perhaps 42 percent from the field this season.  Metta shot around 40.

Just went and looked

Pierce shot 43% from the field this season on 16 shots taken a game.

So then my eyes weren't deceiving me, he was very inconsistent offensively and in the playoffs shot even worse and defensively Metta was better than him this year.

Pierce is at the point in his career you don't even start him over Metta.  If you get him you bring him off the bench only, vets min.

#66 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 06, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Some of you guys sound like Celtics fans... Lol
But Pierce doesn't need to come here... He's definitely not what this team needs right now and I don't think any of you have learned from this season how stocking up on old players is just asking for problems

#67 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 04:07 AM

yeah I did, and yes Pierce this season was, I saw enough of him to understand that. I'm not a Celtics fan so I enjoyed it :)

If I looked up his stats I'd say that he shot perhaps 42 percent from the field this season. Metta shot around 40.

Just went and looked

Pierce shot 43% from the field this season on 16 shots taken a game.

So then my eyes weren't deceiving me, he was very inconsistent offensively and in the playoffs shot even worse and defensively Metta was better than him this year.

Pierce is at the point in his career you don't even start him over Metta. If you get him you bring him off the bench only, vets min.

Lol Metta shouldn't be a starter either. Metta sucks. He cant do [expletive] anymore. And PP is mostly the first option at the Celtics after Rondo was injured. Metta was chucking shots thinking he was the first option for quite a few number of games. Metta shouldnt be part of this team at all. Lol kobe shoots 45 percent per year does that make him inconsistent. His offensive numbers, meaning PTS and AST, surpass Metta. He is a more capable player with much more skillset.

Hop off the "he's a Celtic" "rivalry" [expletive] we need all the help we can get.

Edited by Ham, May 07, 2013 - 04:07 AM.

#68 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted May 07, 2013 - 09:42 AM

Some of you guys sound like Celtics fans... Lol
But Pierce doesn't need to come here... He's definitely not what this team needs right now and I don't think any of you have learned from this season how stocking up on old players is just asking for problems

I understand where you're coming from, and as Laker fans, we all grew up to hate the Celtics. But if Pierce came here, and produced, I'm sure you'll forget that he even became a Celtic.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#69 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 10:07 AM

lol wtf.....you start Pierce over MWP.

You are completely blinded by homerism. Just terrible.

#70 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,069 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 02:04 PM

lol wtf.....you start Pierce over MWP.

You are completely blinded by homerism. Just terrible.

No, you don't.

If you've watched Pierce this year both offensively AND defensively you wouldn't even entertain that.

Pierce has been just as offensively inconsistent and he has been worse on defense.

Pierce wouldn't start over Metta because you'd get more of the same offensively, without any defense.

Pierce is at the point of his career where he should be a bench player, yes he shouldn't even start over Metta.  Why do you think we'd only take him as a bench player and for the vets min only?

Metta slowed down at the end of the season and then was injured and came back too soon after being consistent for most of it, Pierce for the most part has been bad all year offensively and defensively.  If you'd watched the Celtics play more than 5 times you'd understand why bringing Pierce here to start would be disastrous.

#71 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,069 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 02:20 PM

Mitch on who the Lakers are planning to get in free agency with the veterans minimum.

Mitch: "You're probably going to end up looking at a veteran player who's older and maybe has a high level of skill and a higher level of basketball IQ but he may not be as athletic as he once was."

#72 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 519 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted May 07, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Wouldn't mind having Pierce at all

#73 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,325 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 07, 2013 - 03:56 PM

I want Pierce now. Slowtime Lakers more at my dads pace.  :chuckle:

Edited by Chad, May 07, 2013 - 03:57 PM.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#74 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 07, 2013 - 05:00 PM

Can't stand Pierce and I think he'll be a Clipper when its all said and done, but if somehow comes here, he starts at SF, not even much of debate between the two offensively.  Pierce shoots near 40% from three and can create off the dribble.  Metta is around 34-35% from three, loses confidence quickly if things are falling for him, and we all know he cannot create off the dribble.

Defensively, they are both pretty bad at this stage in their career.

#75 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,563 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted May 07, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Firstly, I don't understand why he would come to the Lakers for the vet minimum to come off the bench after playing his entire career with Celtics. We don't even have a starting SF and some of you are talking about Paul Pierce coming off the bench for us for the vet min? Not gonna happen. He could get more money and start for a different team, one that isn't the biggest rival of any other team in the history of the game.

Secondly, he's old, slow, can't play defense. What have we been kicking and screaming and crying and yelling about the last couple years? Old, slow players who can't play defense.

I'm not saying it couldn't work, this is just my opinion, but Paul Pierce is like the exact opposite of what everyone has been saying the team needs. Everyone has been harping on younger, faster, defense. How does Paul Pierce fit that description? Doesn't anyone notice this?

I feel like Will Ferrell in Zoolander;

#76 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,558 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 07, 2013 - 10:21 PM

No thanks

Dudes old

#77 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 09:28 AM

No, you don't.

If you've watched Pierce this year both offensively AND defensively you wouldn't even entertain that.

Pierce has been just as offensively inconsistent and he has been worse on defense.

Pierce wouldn't start over Metta because you'd get more of the same offensively, without any defense.

Pierce is at the point of his career where he should be a bench player, yes he shouldn't even start over Metta.  Why do you think we'd only take him as a bench player and for the vets min only?

Metta slowed down at the end of the season and then was injured and came back too soon after being consistent for most of it, Pierce for the most part has been bad all year offensively and defensively.  If you'd watched the Celtics play more than 5 times you'd understand why bringing Pierce here to start would be disastrous.

lol homerism

#78 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,488 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 09:41 AM

I'd take Pierce over Metta that is for sure. How though?

#79 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 09:15 AM

http://www.cbssports...made-free-agent

The Ohio News-Herald is reporting that Danny Ainge is "likely" to buy out the CelticsPaul Pierce this summer for $5 million, releasing the franchise player into the free-agency wild.

Sources indicate Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge will likely buy out forward Paul Pierce's $15 million contract for next year ($5 million is guaranteed). If that happens, [the Cavs] should be first in line to try to acquire Pierce's services. However, before anyone gets too giddy, Pierce will likely want to go to a serious contender.

Paul Pierce is a must-get... Were not getting younger regardless. Lets Resign Dwight and bring him in. Since Pierce is leaving KG will probably too.

#80 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,354 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted May 27, 2013 - 09:20 AM

Duuuude Paul Pierce in Lakers will happen I can sense it! Just like I can sense CP3 signing for the Mini MLE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users