#21 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted May 03, 2013 - 10:00 PM

Damn he is too good and he really has no true rival that can impact a game similar to how he can. Melo/Durant are just super scorers, CP3/Irving/Parker don't have the physique. Shame his best years just missed Kobe's prime.

#22 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 03, 2013 - 10:42 PM

kobe's MVP count is completely and utterly unrelated to lebron's MVP count. you have no chance of winning this argument so my suggestion is don't try because it will get really embarrassing really fast

This is not a debate trust me 

#23 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 11:04 PM

So in your opinion, who deserved it over him the last 4 out of 5 years?

Let me provide you an example of the hypocrisy and politics that is the MVP award

the 2011 season the Bulls finished 1 in the east derrick rose wins the MVP 

- The was the season of ''the decision'' lebron was not in the favor of the media 

- Derrick rose had a good season but lebron statistically had better overall numbers 

Rose   25.0ppg 7. 7Ast  4.1Reb  44.5FG  33.3 3pt  1.0 steals 

James 26.7ppg  6.2Ast  7.5Reb  51.0FG  33.0 3pt  1.6 steals 

As we can see lebron had the better overall statistical year HOWEVER they gave the award to Rose...why you ask 

because the talk was during that summer and the year was 

''lebron is playing with 2 allstars''

''lebron ran to wade for a ring''

''lebron is not in the discussion for mvp because of who he is playing with''  which he admitted saying himself 

So the media was not in favor of him that year 

meanwhile the feel good story in Chicago derrick rose who is NOT playing with allstars and top 10 players had the team no1 

so why did derrick rose win.. simple he was the best player on the team with the best record.

We can all agree derrick roses plays with significantly less talent then lebron

ok 2012 lockout season

- bulls again finish with the best record over miami

- rose hurt  

-Lebron wins the mvp ??

how can this be ?? its a total flip flop from 2011 to 2012. 

-Rose won the mvp not because he was the best player on the best team with the best record 

-So if this criteria was still used in for the 2012 season  which it clearly wasnt... Kevin Durant should have been awarded the mvp ...why?? because the thunder had the better record and durant was the best player on the best team. Lebron had better numbers than durant but durants team won more games in the tougher conference and not with 2 allstars. 

see how easy it is to expose the hypocrisy and inconsistency of a MEDIA BASED AWARD 

if you cant see that after this post i cant help u 

#24 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 03, 2013 - 11:11 PM

4 against 1. He is far more better than Kobe. Kobe is a ballhog. He is old. Lebron has the better jumper. I am the king of the world.

#25 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,802 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 03, 2013 - 11:42 PM

Best player in the league on the best team in the league. More than deserving of the award.

Once he got serious after blowing it against Dallas in 2011 he's been unstoppable. Just a ridiculously high level of play.

#26 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 467 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted May 04, 2013 - 02:20 AM

Let me provide you an example of the hypocrisy and politics that is the MVP award

- The was the season of ''the decision'' lebron was not in the favor of the media 

- Derrick rose had a good season but lebron statistically had better overall numbers 

As we can see lebron had the better overall statistical year HOWEVER they gave the award to Rose...why you ask 

''lebron is not in the discussion for mvp because of who he is playing with''  which he admitted saying himself 

meanwhile the feel good story in Chicago derrick rose who is NOT playing with allstars and top 10 players had the team no1 

so why did derrick rose win.. simple he was the best player on the team with the best record.

ok 2012 lockout season

- rose hurt  

-Lebron wins the mvp ??

-Rose won the mvp not because he was the best player on the best team with the best record 

-So if this criteria was still used in for the 2012 season  which it clearly wasnt... Kevin Durant should have been awarded the mvp ...why?? because the thunder had the better record and durant was the best player on the best team. Lebron had better numbers than durant but durants team won more games in the tougher conference and not with 2 allstars. 

see how easy it is to expose the hypocrisy and inconsistency of a MEDIA BASED AWARD 

Exactly, people didn't like LeBron back in 2011 but he should've won MVP over rose. LeBron should have 5 mvps in 5 years but since the media hated him they didn't give it to him.

Kobe won MVP back in 2008 but Lakers didn't have the best record how come you have no problem with that?

Edited by BlueJab23, May 04, 2013 - 02:27 AM.

#27 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 04, 2013 - 02:39 AM

ok 2012 lockout season

- rose hurt  

-Lebron wins the mvp ??

Exactly, people didn't like LeBron back in 2011 but he should've won MVP over rose. LeBron should have 5 mvps in 5 years but since the media hated him they didn't give it to him.

Kobe won MVP back in 2008 but Lakers didn't have the best record how come you have no problem with that?

You just further proved his point. His argument is that they change the criteria every year. The award goes to who ever the media is in love with.

#28 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 04, 2013 - 03:50 AM

It's a league award.  The MVP should go to the best player in the league...the most valuable in the league.

So, yes, LeBron would win this year, and the last.  Maybe 2011, 2012, and 2013.  

But Kobe should have had plenty...and he would have, if the award was defined as such.

#29 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,741 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 04, 2013 - 05:14 AM

It's a league award.  The MVP should go to the best player in the league...the most valuable in the league.

So, yes, LeBron would win this year, and the last.  Maybe 2011, 2012, and 2013.  

But Kobe should have had plenty...and he would have, if the award was defined as such.

How many in your opinion?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,104 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:32 AM

This is not a debate trust me

I know. Smart of you to bow out
Posted Image

#31 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,512 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Difference is, Kobe and Shaq split votes.  They were arguably the two best players in the NBA at the time (with Tim Duncan).

Wade and Bosh aren't taking any votes from LeBron.  There is no argument when it comes to who runs the show in Miami.

im sorry, but chalmers got robbed, makes me sick to my stomach

bw1wOGf.png

#32 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:35 AM

I know. Smart of you to bow out

oh no i was ushering you out because to say this is a ''debate'' indicates you actually stood a chance 

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,104 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 12:33 PM

oh no i was ushering you out because to say this is a ''debate'' indicates you actually stood a chance

Are you 5 years old? Are you going to just continue echoing all of my posts?
Posted Image

#34 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,190 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted May 04, 2013 - 02:08 PM

he might just win it every year from now on unless players like curry,rose,westbrook or durant step up 

Curry?  How about he gets consistent enough to become an all star regular before he starts worrying about winning an MBP.  You have to be joking.  He is a great shooter.  Lebron is miles better at everything else.

#35 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 467 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted May 04, 2013 - 04:25 PM

You just further proved his point. His argument is that they change the criteria every year. The award goes to who ever the media is in love with.

Yeah but no matter what criteria they use LeBron is still the clear winner. All 3 of his MVP he had great numbers plus his team finished first.

If you're gonna complain that LeBron shouldn't have won MVP last year because they didn't have the best record then fine by me. He'll still have 3 MVPs. But then again you have to apply that to Kobe's 1 MVP since his team didn't have the best record when he won MVP back in 08.

#36 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted May 04, 2013 - 06:06 PM

it's simple...what would the heat be like without him?  Probably in a similar situation

look at the lakers without kobe...

• 40,399 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 06:08 PM

What would the Heat be without him? Obviously not as good, but their decline wouldn't be as huge as you might think. They'd still be in the severely weak Eastern Conference, still have Dwyane Wade (a legitimate superstar when he's at his best), Bosh, & a bunch of high quality role players & snipers all over the court.

yo.

#38 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:50 PM

How many in your opinion?

Kobe was, hands down, the best player in the NBA for the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 seasons.

I'll argue 2003 as well.

Seven MVP's sounds ridiculous, but then again, Michael Jordan was the best player in the NBA for nearly his entire career.

They wouldn't want to change the award to reflect the best player in the league, though, because at that point, you're not featuring many players over the last few decades.

#39 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 11:31 PM

Rose 25.0ppg 7. 7Ast 4.1Reb 44.5FG 33.3 3pt 1.0 steals
James 26.7ppg 6.2Ast 7.5Reb 51.0FG 33.0 3pt 1.6 steals

''lebron is not in the discussion for mvp because of who he is playing with'' which he admitted saying himself

ok 2012 lockout season

- rose hurt

-Lebron wins the mvp ??

how can this be ?? its a total flip flop from 2011 to 2012.

-So if this criteria was still used in for the 2012 season which it clearly wasnt... Kevin Durant should have been awarded the mvp ...why?? because the thunder had the better record and durant was the best player on the best team. Lebron had better numbers than durant but durants team won more games in the tougher conference and not with 2 allstars.

see how easy it is to expose the hypocrisy and inconsistency of a MEDIA BASED AWARD

Dude...

I just asked you who you thought should have won the award over LeBron lol.

It's pretty obvious that the criteria for the MVP award changes from year to year. The NBA MVP is one of the awards in all of sports that doesn't have a set definition of the award.

If we are just going by best player in the league as the criteria though, LBJ still has multiple MVPs, that's tough to argue.

#40 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 352 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted May 05, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Lebron is truly one of the real great ones, it could honestly be five if he didn't handle his departure so poorly and D-Wade rode shotgun quicker. People forget the first year of the superfriends Lebron and Wade actually took turns taking over games and barely complimented each other. Wade averaged 25 points, 6 boards and 4 rebounds with a block and a steal on 50% shooting, that's alpha dog status right there. In the playoffs Wade outperformed Lebron in the Celtic series and the Finals. It really took a LOT for Wade to swallow his pride and make himself a sidekick DURING his prime, Kobe could barely handle it in his early 20's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users