#1 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted October 31, 2008 - 05:47 PM

I made this b-cuz Ariza is going to get paid and so is farmar, and if not by the Lakers than another team.
Basically do we resign Odom for 11 million or so or do we take that 11 and split it between Farmar and Ariza?

I think Odom has to go if it comes to this
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#2 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted October 31, 2008 - 05:51 PM

um... no $hit???

:o

#3 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 31, 2008 - 05:53 PM

Why would you make this thread when our team has only played 2 games? Why would you make this thread before we see them play in the playoffs? I don't care what players do in the regular season if they can't get the job done in the playoffs. Why did you even include Farmar in this situation? Farmar doesn't have anything to do with Odom and Ariza. Farmar is our future PG and he's going to get paid.

The Lakers are probably going to keep the player that plays the best in the post season.

Even if the Lakers let go of Odom, they still need to sign a big to replace him. You need to use the MLE for a good quality big.

The Lakers are probably going to re-sign Odom and Ariza. Odom for around $8-9 million and Ariza for around $4-5 million.

#4 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted October 31, 2008 - 06:56 PM

I was just wondering if people were thinking about this like I was. nissan you always want to question me and pick a fight. I'm judging from preseason, reg season. And powell is a big, so is Mbenga, i know they dont have the skillset that odom has but perhaps odom's skills are unneeded on this current team, you know-it-all
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#5 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 31, 2008 - 07:11 PM

I was just wondering if people were thinking about this like I was. nissan you always want to question me and pick a fight. I'm judging from preseason, reg season. And powell is a big, so is Mbenga, i know they dont have the skillset that odom has but perhaps odom's skills are unneeded on this current team, you know-it-all

Why are you so sensitive?

I'm not questioning you or picking a fight with you. We don't agree on certain topics, but I still respect you. People are thinking about this, but why not wait until the season is over to discuss something like this? We can't really have a good debate when we only played 2 games this season.

Mihm is gone after this season. Mbenga and Powell don't have the skills to be rotation players for the Lakers, and they always commit fouls when they play.

I want to see these guys play for the whole season and see how they play in the playoffs. If you don't bring back Odom, you need to sign a big who can replace Odom in the rotation.

#6 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,004 posts

Posted October 31, 2008 - 07:19 PM

I'm not questioning you or picking a fight with you. We don't agree on certain topics, but I still respect you. People are thinking about this, but why not wait until the season is over to discuss something like this? We can't really have a good debate when we only played 2 games this season.

Mihm is gone after this season. Mbenga and Powell don't have the skills to be rotation players for the Lakers, and they always commit fouls when they play.

I want to see these guys play for the whole season and see how they play in the playoffs. If you don't bring back Odom, you need to sign a big who can replace Odom in the rotation.

Because you act like a know it all at times and people find that as uncomfortable when you don't have a comeback to go against what your saying because your usually right

#7 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 31, 2008 - 07:21 PM

Well...the manner in which you address people when you disagree them comes off as offensive more often than not.

#8 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 31, 2008 - 07:34 PM

I'm sorry guys. I'm going to try and change that. :o

#9 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted November 01, 2008 - 08:09 AM

im far from sensitive, but its seems like u r 2 serious, to me this forum isnt strictly about debating but still I believe that farmar and Ariza in tandem or better than odom...even last year

#10 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted November 01, 2008 - 08:45 AM

Still though, keep these thoughts to yourself. No need for these useless threads unless it's something important.

Made By Vaporize

#11 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted November 01, 2008 - 08:56 AM

this is not a useless thread, its just opinion driven

Edited by Kobynum Gasodom 2, November 01, 2008 - 08:56 AM.

#12 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted November 01, 2008 - 10:58 AM

Well we have enough OPINION driven threads. This one is pretty obvious too. Why would we keep Odom over Farmar/Ariza when we already have Pau as a PF and Farmar is our future starting PG? PLUS, Ariza has shown that he has the potential to be the starting SF on the team.

Think before you make threads.

Edited by KuYa JL, November 01, 2008 - 10:58 AM.

Made By Vaporize

#13 LkrsOvrMia 2

LkrsOvrMia 2

Rookie

• 40 posts
  • Fav. Laker:This is a team sport!

Posted November 01, 2008 - 11:48 AM

Take a breath boys.

http://lakernation.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.gif
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."

#14 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted November 01, 2008 - 02:44 PM

Most likely Ariza and Farmar. Odom would have to take a paycut to stay on this team. I would hate seeing any of them leave though.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#15 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted November 01, 2008 - 03:08 PM

Ariza ftw.

#16 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted November 01, 2008 - 04:52 PM

im far from sensitive, but its seems like u r 2 serious, to me this forum isnt strictly about debating but still I believe that farmar and Ariza in tandem or better than odom...even last year

Hey Kobynum, I got yo back buddy. This isn't a pointless thread. I think you bring up a good point here. We may need to make a decision between Odom and Farmar when it comes to resigning these guys...

I pick Farmar & Ariza over Odom right now.

Not that it matter what WE think. :angry:

#17 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted November 01, 2008 - 04:57 PM

Why are you even talking about Farmar in this thread? Farmar is going to be re-sign even if the Lakers decide to only re-sign Odom or Ariza.

Odom vs. Ariza and Big. (Not Farmar)

I should make a thread about Odom and Farmar vs. Ariza and I'm sure a lot of people would vote for Odom and Farmar over Ariza.

#18 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted November 02, 2008 - 08:25 AM

ok niss, maybe i should have said if you could have two of these three players, who would you choose
Odom,Ariza,Farmar
without money being a factor i still choose farmar and ariza
and thats not a knock on LO I just believe the youngstas are a better fit

Edited by Kobynum Gasodom 2, November 02, 2008 - 08:27 AM.

#19 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted November 23, 2008 - 10:19 PM

It's inevitable.

Ariza is realizing his potential with this team. He's going to command at very least MLE.

Odom on the other hand, will command 8-12 million range

Who do we keep?

I think the answer is fairly easy. Ariza is younger. Ariza has more potential. Ariza is the better defender, and seems to be developing into the better shooter.

I know I'm getting WAY ahead of myself but Ariza is in the scottie pippen mold. Will he reach half of what Pippen was? No. But in regards to defensive awareness, yes. I can easily see him working on his handles. He's improved his shot so much, I can see him improving handles as well. Same freakishly long athletic build.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#20 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted November 23, 2008 - 10:27 PM

I heard we gonna keep them both no matter what... Steve Hartman said that one man that has some ownership to the lakers is gonna pay whatever for the Lakers to keep odom and ariza

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users