11 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,469 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 02, 2013 - 07:15 AM

I know this is a stretch, but both Clippers, Lakers and Boston (3 arch enemies) are all looking at first round exits, which should result in some serious soul-searching for all three teams. With the emergence of OKC and Miami, with NY, Brooklyn, Chicago, Houston and Golden State only improving, perhaps it’s time to look at a bit of cooperation, for a few weeks.

How about this trade:

Boston gets: Deandre Jordan and Jodie Meeks.

Why? They save money long term - about 20 million, while being able to start from scratch in the summer of 2015, unless they unload Jordan as an expiring deal the year before. In Jordan they get a real physical presence at the 5, which they really need and they get a cheap replacement for Lee in Meeks. With this squad, they put themselves in a good position to make a push the next two seasons with their current team.

Lakers gets: Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe, Courtney Lee

Lakers give up the best C in the league for the best PF in the league and gets very athletic in the process. Bledsoe and Lee would make the Lakers’ backcourt one of the best defensively. We’d still have to spend money on a wing or two, but this would be a fun team. The problem is the summer of 2014, where landing a big-time FA is a bit more difficult - bot not impossible.

Clippers gets: Dwight Howard, Jeff Green, Chris Duhon.

Why? The clips would be able to put together their own big 3 in CP3, Howard and Green surrounded by solid roleplayers in Crawford, Billups, Barnes, Butler and Odom. That's basically it.

#2 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,494 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2013 - 07:51 AM

No. We are keeping Howard.

Posted Image

#3 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,092 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:00 AM

no 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#4 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:24 AM

blake griffin? u want that tough guy act wearing purple and gold?

#5 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 02, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Wtf.....so you want no defense in the paint then.

Terrible trade. Just terrible

#6 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted May 02, 2013 - 10:28 AM

No

Posted Image

#7 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted May 02, 2013 - 10:49 AM

disbelief.gif

#8 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,114 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 11:43 AM

Lol.

#9 EJ06

EJ06

Rookie

• 775 posts
  • Fan Since:1995-96

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:21 PM

FT% .660

NO MORE BAD FREE THROW SHOOTING

Edited by EJ06, May 02, 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#10 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:32 PM

Not a bad trade honestly....we defitnely get more athletic and younger to play "D'Antoni System" which is not centered around the center. We can play at a much faster pace...we finally have someone to stop top PG's in the league "i.e. Rondo and Westbrook,etc.

With a combination of Blake Griffin, ERIC BLEDSOE AND Courtney Lee? and Plug Pau Gasol to the Center position so basically you have the second best center in the league...some people just don't wanna let Howard go...too top heavy.

Edited by TheOriginalCZM, May 02, 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#11 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:16 PM

I would do this trade in a heartbeat but it seems like a pipe dream. I still feel lakers are getting to much in this deal.

Now if the lakers throw in earl clark to the celtics, and clippers throw in a 1st round pick to the celtics then id find this trade fair.

Celtics are going to want something back for jeff green and we all know celtics like length on there team

Edited by underworldmike, May 02, 2013 - 01:18 PM.

Posted Image

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,469 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:39 PM

Look guys, keeping Howard is obviously the first choice, but if he's leaning towards bolting for Houston or Dallas, i think this is a deal he'd have to consider.

Do we get too much? Perhaps. The Boston part was basically just one way for the Clippers to turn Jordan into something more complementary to Howard. I still think Boston would do it though. They're kicking themselves for signing Lee and Green to such long contracts and they really should get a big, so KG can play the 4. But you could keep Boston out of the deal.

I think the Clippers would do it as well (s/t Dwight for Griffin and Bledsoe). They're looking at having to trade Bledsoe this season anyway, since he's a restricted FA next summer, and teams will make high bids for him. Regarding Griffin - it's clearly not working and Dwight would be quite an upgrade defensively, and they could easily move Jordan for a scoring 4 and improve offensively as well.

For the Lakers, i think this is the best we can hope for, if Dwight wants to leave. Interior defense will be a bit of an issue, but offensively we'd be extremely difficult to stop.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users