#41 Holden_Magroin

Holden_Magroin

Rookie

• 53 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:47 PM

The reason we aren't trading Gasol is getting equal value, and remaining cap free for 2014. Lets say we sign 3 players but they roll over the 2014 free agency period, our flexibility goes right down the toilet. I rather us have Nash and Dwight only and sign an allstar or two in 2014 than get 3 marginal players right now for gasol. 

#42 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:47 PM

Said the chef to the salad ^_^

It's that slimy salad that you forget you have at the bottom of your fridge, and you just have to open it up and see how worthless it is before you throw it away.

#43 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,800 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 01, 2013 - 11:14 PM

If it means getting rid of Duhon, Ebanks and MWP, go for it.

Pau will be a highly regarded commodity this offseason...more for the humongous savings his contract represents than his skills.

And if the Lakers don't fire MDA, expect Pau to request out to a team where he can earn an extension or healthy new contract...

#44 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:14 AM

Martell Webster
Fifth in the NBA in 3 Point Shooting
Fifth among all non-big men in true shooting percentage

115 Offensive rating (Top 10 in the league)

So no he isn't.

If you have a chance to get him do it!

if he can create his shot better than im imagining; id love to have him. i really havnt seen him play. i just see him as another jodie meeks..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#45 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,311 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:41 AM

if he can create his shot better than im imagining; id love to have him. i really havnt seen him play. i just see him as another jodie meeks..

yes he can create his own shot.

he's also a good off the dribble shooter

But he can be used off screens for open shots too

he also broke the Wizards record of games in a row with 5 consecutive three pointers(that's breaking Gilbert Arenas' record)

And yes you COULD use him as a primary three point shooter such as this game

But he's fifth in the league in three point shooting so he's MUCH more reliable than Meeks ;)

Edited by Majesty, May 02, 2013 - 01:47 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#46 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2013 - 02:06 AM

I think unless we get a offer they can't refuse with someone or ones whos contract goes past 2014 then they trade Pau for other expirings like Williams and Kirilenko at Minny or Granger or Deng or Monta or Iggy if they dont opt out. Not saying these trades would happen but just giving examples of players that could help now. That
still gives them the flexibility for the 2014 free agency and helps us out currerntly. I think the main reason you trade Pau is to get us some more picks for now and the future. However the FO may just keep Pau as they feel they only
want to make minor moves this off season and save the big ones for next year. I believe you should be pro active every off season and look to improve every year if you can. The key could be what Dwight wants. If he wants a stretch 4 then Gasol maybe gone. If he wants Pau then he may stay. Obviously MDA may have a say if he is still coach too. Gotta say I'm looking forward to this upcoming free agency. Could be interesting or it could be quiet? CANT WAIT :D

Edited by jax24, May 02, 2013 - 02:12 AM.

#47 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 02, 2013 - 04:11 AM

The reason we aren't trading Gasol is getting equal value

What do you consider equal value for a player who can't defend, who's not assertive offensively, who bows out of playoff series?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#48 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,495 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000

Posted May 02, 2013 - 06:13 AM

If we get the right pieces, yes. When I mean by right pieces, a Defensive PG, a Shooter, and maybe an athletic wing/big man. I doubt we can get all three, but you never know with Mitch.

If not, then Keep him, Kobe loves Pau, and there has to be a reason why he does.

Posted Image

#49 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted May 02, 2013 - 07:01 AM

As much as it pains me to say, the Lakers should keep him if the only trades available add on too much salary after next season. It'll be hard to compete next season, and it's not worth adding on that much salary for that.

Just talking about him as a player, trade at will. He's not going to be good next year. We saw far more bad than good this season from him. I'll keep it at that. I've been on too many Pau rants as of late.

Posted Image

#50 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 02, 2013 - 07:15 AM

It all depends on the return. You got to get a package back that will make you feel ok about giving up a huge expiring contract for 2014. If we get a bunch of semi-decent players that are locked into 2-3 year deals what's the point? Might as well let his contract finish out and get that cap space for the next off-season.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#51 apimentel24

apimentel24

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:ToyoLaker
  • Fan Since:1983

Posted May 02, 2013 - 07:49 AM

I think we should keep Pau and let that contract run out. I think the return as mentioned would not be good at all and just as was said we would probably have to eat a longer contract in there. This team needs to give it one final go before totally blowing it up.

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. - Kobe Bryant

#52 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:38 AM

If MDA is still the coach then we have no choice but to trade Pau even if its not better. Because MDA is such a bad coach he doesn't know how to be successfull with the roster that is givin to him. Most decent coach knows how to bend their system to fit the roster but MDA suck hard donkey balls giving a hall of famer PF/C like a Pau Gasol will only confused him. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#53 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:05 AM

if any1 including Kobe still want to keep Pau around = they are living in the past & have blinders on.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#54 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:47 AM

That being said, I think the Lakers can get something that allows them to still have that cap space. He showed enough at the end of the regular season and it seems like his reputation is good enough for him to still have value. People who cover the NBA still think he's a good player. The opinions of NBA GMs can't be that different.

Edited by Japago, May 02, 2013 - 09:54 AM.

Posted Image

#55 zmarchbank

zmarchbank

Rookie

• 132 posts
  • Name:Zach
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Fisher

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:18 PM

The only way I think we should trade him is if we get players back that would be no brainers to sign in 2014 on the same contract they have now. Otherwise you're screwing up the cap situation for no reason and taking on players that you wouldn't sign if given the opportunity.

#56 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2013 - 03:56 PM

why are you so high on webster!

hes no better or more affordable than any of these Free Agents -

PGs -will bynum, nate rob, R.Beaubois, Augustin, Udrih, Patty Mills, Brian Roberts, Mo Williams(made alot of $ last year; could take little $), Mike James, Aaron Brooks, Calderon(same as Williams)

SG/SF - Ellington, Foye, N. Young

in fact, i think all of the players above are better than Webster.

on topic tho - if trading pau means taking on contracts past 2014 - im not sure if we should do that and mess up our chance at landing a big name FA. idk..

Patty mills on this team would bse sexy

Posted Image

#57 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2013 - 03:56 PM

Nick Young is a chucker. Would not want him on the team.

amen to that

Posted Image

#58 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,579 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted May 02, 2013 - 04:41 PM

I'd much rather get rid of Nash...

I think Pau can still help this team. But I understand that he is overpaid and one of the only ways the Lakers can get a few young assets is by trading him. It's a tough call.

#59 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,756 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted May 02, 2013 - 05:36 PM

I love Pau Gasol but I think he needs to go, his talent are almost gone already, he's not monster in the post right now like he used to be, yeah his talent at passing is still good as before but his heart as a champion is gone already but my problem is there is no decent player for pau gasol to trade with.

I don't like kevin love cause this guy becoming injury prone and he's bad at defensive ends maybe with lamarcus aldridge + creeps or faried + creeps.

33bkfif.jpg

#60 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,800 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 02, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Don't expect Pau to be traded this offseason...much better offers will come for him around February of next year and if the Lakers are lucky enough to keep Dwight, they will NOT be under the gun to make a move before then...

And even if they keep him and let him expire, that's 2 huge contracts dropping off the books next summer -  Kobe and Pau...so that's better than taking bad contracts...and they can choose from a larger pool AND draft picks...

Don't expect any big things...unless keeping Dwight requires moving Pau...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users