#21 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,416 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:19 PM

O.K. sir. I will just listen and agree with u. I guess the fact that he out rebounded Dwight in the playoffs hits you in the wrong spot. Nobody wants to hear that. People like to say the bad about Pau and I like to say the good, but if this bothers you I will stop. I don't want to cause any problems here. Sorry about that.

I have no problem with you making that statement. The problem with you is how you try to back your claims up and how hypocritical you come off in your arguments. Say all that you want, just have some solid arguments at hand and don't let your bias get the best of you.

#22 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:20 PM

If the Lakers can get solid pieces for Gasol, its obvious that the trade should be made.

Although if the Lakers FO actually get rid of MDA and manage to get a coach like Phil, Stan Van, or maybe Sloan?

I think the combo of Nash,Kobe,Gasol, and D12 would be used to its full potential.

Some may argue about Stan, but the man knows how to get his entire team involved but at the same time maximizing Dwight's role.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#23 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:23 PM

You'd rather take on players that don't contribute for multiple years instead of Pau for only one more year?

What do you mean? We can obviously get some quality players for Pau,

What is wrong with you? The only time I ever see you post on the forum is when you [expletive] about Pau. Chill out, stop holding grudges. It's pretty sad to see a guy that hates on a person as much as you do.

I don't want him to be traded, he proved that still has a lot of value to this team when used correctly.

What is wrong with you?

Are you blind or slow?

Pau, yet again, sucked in the playoffs. Why would we keep him....

O.K. sir. I will just listen and agree with u. I guess the fact that he out rebounded Dwight in the playoffs and is number 4 in the NBA hits you in the wrong way. Nobody wants to hear that. People like to say the bad about Pau and I like to say the good, but if this bothers you I will stop. I don't want to cause any problems here. Sorry about that.

Stop derailing every thread with your dumb post about Howard. Get off his dick already. Dwight is better than Pau and Bynum. So please stop with your trolling.

#24 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:39 PM

I have no problem with you making that statement. The problem with you is how you try to back your claims up and how hypocritical you come off in your arguments. Say all that you want, just have some solid arguments at hand and don't let your bias get the best of you.

I have always backed up my arguments, and they are solid. It's just that some are set in their ways and won't listen to a good solid argument if it bit them in the ass. Most come against me and say stuff like "yeah you didn't answer West Coasts question though or you didn't answer this dudes question or that dudes question". When the whole time I did answer the question, but they seem to ignore it.I don't just make up things out of thin air, what I say comes from what I've seen, read, or believe.

If people don't like it and they don't agree with me doesn't mean they are right or I am right. Most seem to get personal, and say things like "shut up" or "you're a troll" , and that's just to build a common that everyone thinks the same. As if we all have to like Howard or we all have to hate Gasol or else we are trolls or stupid.. Everybody has a right to their opinion, unless it doesn't agree with theirs, lol..

Edited by lakersfandude, May 01, 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#25 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:42 PM

See what I mean? LakeShow805 is one of them. He can't say anything intelligent so he cracks on people he doesn't agree with and calls them trolls because he has nothing else to say. No individual thoughts of his own. He's a follower with nothing else to say except when he tries to be a bully. It's sad...

Edited by lakersfandude, May 01, 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#26 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:50 PM

So I was just wondering, have any of you thought of a draft day deal for a top 10 pick?

I can't remember the last time the Lakers made a trade in the draft involving a player and a pick aside from KB and Divac.

I think trading Pau Gasol to a team like the Kings for Patrick Patterson + fillers or maybe even Cousins because he obviously is unhappy (For the 7th pick and possible Trey Burke) or to the Washington Wizards acquiring Trevor Ariza, Nene and the 10th pick???

I mean yeah, very unrealistic but I think it makes sense for all parties.  Alot of people under value Gasol, but I really do believe if he had a larger role on a decent team his stats would be tremendous.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#27 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 623 posts
  • Name:Kris

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:52 PM

If we can get the right package for Pau, then trade him. Obviously, we arent going to get a superstar for Pau, but if we can get players that are athletic and can contribute, we make the trade. No question.

We had way too many players on the team this past season, that didnt do [expletive]. We cant make any big time FA signings because of the salary cap, so trading pau is a great way for us to bring in quality players. Pau is getting paid $19 mil. Thats $19 mil that we can use to acquire those quality players that we desperately need (of course we have to give up pau).

So I hope Pau is traded.

Edited by K-Kris, May 01, 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#28 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:09 PM

It depends what we're getting back and if Dwight is remaining so we'd see what pieces they'd be to be built around him.

Aside from Webster no big time free agent or starting lineup player would come here without a trade package involving Pau. 

That's just the reality of it.

why are you so high on webster!

hes no better or more affordable than any of these Free Agents -

PGs -will bynum, nate rob, R.Beaubois, Augustin, Udrih, Patty Mills, Brian Roberts, Mo Williams(made alot of $ last year; could take little $), Mike James, Aaron Brooks, Calderon(same as Williams)

SG/SF - Ellington, Foye, N. Young

in fact, i think all of the players above are better than Webster.

on topic tho - if trading pau means taking on contracts past 2014 - im not sure if we should do that and mess up our chance at landing a big name FA. idk..

Edited by iDreamShake, May 01, 2013 - 08:10 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#29 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:29 PM

I have always backed up my arguments, and they are solid. It's just that some are set in their ways and won't listen to a good solid argument if it bit them in the ass. Most come against me and say stuff like "yeah you didn't answer West Coasts question though or you didn't answer this dudes question or that dudes question". When the whole time I did answer the question, but they seem to ignore it.I don't just make up things out of thin air, what I say comes from what I've seen, read, or believe.

If people don't like it and they don't agree with me doesn't mean they are right or I am right. Most seem to get personal, and say things like "shut up" or "you're a troll" , and that's just to build a common that everyone thinks the same. As if we all have to like Howard or we all have to hate Gasol or else we are trolls or stupid.. Everybody has a right to their opinion, unless it doesn't agree with theirs, lol..

To say that Pau is a better rebounder than Dwight is ridiculous. Dwight averaged more rebounds over an 82 games season than ANYBODY in the league. Pau outrebounded Dwight over 4 games.

#30 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:41 PM

To say that Pau is a better rebounder than Dwight is ridiculous. Dwight averaged more rebounds over an 82 games season than ANYBODY in the league. Pau outrebounded Dwight over 4 games.

The most important games, the playoffs. 

#31 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Pau outrebounded Dwight by a TOTAL of 3 rebounds. Not a huge difference, especially knowing that Dwight played 19 fewer minutes that Pau over the 4 games. In fact, Dwight outrebounded Pau per minute.

#32 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:08 PM

Let me preface what I'm about to say with this: I completely understand/agree that Pau's production for his price is unacceptable. It's not just his $19 million contract. It's the luxury tax penalties that will occur because of his overpriced contract too. 

But I think there is one negative aspect to trading Pau that is enough to justify keeping him and that reason is tampering with the 2014 free agency plan.

If we trade Pau just to trade Pau, our options are limited. We're not going to get a return for him that we would have gotten 2-3  years ago and we're probably going to have to take on a mishmash of players that don't necessarily contribute any more than Pau does. The worst part is that chances are that at least one (probably more though) of the players we'd be trading for would have contracts longer than one year, thus hurting our cap space down the road. So it's taking on two to three players at (on average to equal Pau's salary) about 6 or 7 million each that would extend past 2014 and mess up our potential to rebuild that summer. 

If we kept Pau, we could eat his contract for one more year and then get complete relief after that. We could even re-sign him at a rate that makes sense for his level of production at this stage in his career (assuming he'd be willing to take that pay cut, which he'd have to do anywhere he goes). Having Pau as a rotation player/backup center for 5-6 million isn't so bad.

The bottom line is Pau is most likely going to be better than any individual player we would receive if we traded him. So instead of trading him and taking on possibly three contracts, we could wait one year and get Pau on a reasonably contract or even let him go and get the entire 19 million of cap space.

Plus, it'd keep our core together for one more year and give the team another chance to try to avoid all these injuries and make a run at it. 

All bets are off if we get some crazy offer for Pau though of course.

tl;dr version: Instead of trading Pau, we might be better off letting his contract expire and re-signing him for a reasonable contract or just letting him walk instead of taking on multiple, longer contracts that would interfere with our 2014 free agency plan.

I agree. Trading Pau isn't a good idea, but mostly because him and Dwight could be quite unstoppable. I know San Antonio stopped them, but that was mostly because we didn't have a back-court. 

It's not entirely accurate what you're saying about trading him though. You could move him to a team like the Bulls for Luol Deng, who is in his final year as well and makes around 14 million. 

You could also trade him to a team with cap space and take back a lot less. 

#33 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:14 PM

Pau outrebounded Dwight by a TOTAL of 3 rebounds. Not a huge difference, especially knowing that Dwight played 19 fewer minutes that Pau over the 4 games. In fact, Dwight outrebounded Pau per minute.

Oh wow, so I guess that means Howard should get a 5 year $118,000,00 contract and Pau should be traded. The fact is Pau out rebounded him, maybe because Howard couldn't stay on the floor more minutes, because he was too busy fouling Spurs players for no other reason than to get out of the kitchen because he couldn't stand the heat. . Why else does a guy that needs to be traded gets more minutes than the max dollar player many have anointed? It's because Howard couldn't stay on the floor. I would love it if Howard could dominate and stay his position while being intelligent and not get fouls, but apparently that's not the case. 

Edited by lakersfandude, May 01, 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#34 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:15 PM

See what I mean? LakeShow805 is one of them. He can't say anything intelligent so he cracks on people he doesn't agree with and calls them trolls because he has nothing else to say. No individual thoughts of his own. He's a follower with nothing else to say except when he tries to be a bully. It's sad...

Its because you spew the same unintelligent [expletive] all the other trolls post. 

You want me to prove who is better between Bynum and Howard. Okay ......just look at their career stats. No need to go into how DH led his team to the finals as the primary option and well....Bynum really hasn't done anything besides ride Kobe and Pau to 2 titles.

Game over. Try again next season.....oh wait Bynum probably won't play lol.

#35 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Oh wow, so I guess that means Howard should get a 5 year $118,000,00 contract and Pau should be traded. The fact is Pau out rebounded him, maybe because Howard couldn't stay on the floor more minutes, because he was too busy fouling Spurs players for no other reason than to get out of the kitchen because he couldn't stand the heat. . Why else does a guy that needs to be traded gets more minutes than the max dollar player many have anointed? It's because Howard couldn't stay on the floor. That's not gonna change.

Dwight isn't getting a max contract strictly because of rebounding. Dwight is better than Pau in every defensive attribute. Dwight is more athletic than Pau, blocks more shots, and alters more shots than Pau. In fact, when Dwight is out of the game and Pau is in, the opposing players take it right at Pau because they know he is no real threat.

Why are people so down on Gasol? At the time that Pau signed his contract, he was worth every penny. However, father time has taken his toll. Pau doesn't have the same explosion and has consistantly shown a lack of heart and fight. I, for one, do not agree with trading Pau

#36 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:38 PM

PGs -will bynum, nate rob, R.Beaubois, Augustin, Udrih, Patty Mills, Brian Roberts, Mo Williams(made alot of $ last year; could take little $), Mike James, Aaron Brooks, Calderon(same as Williams)

on topic tho - if trading pau means taking on contracts past 2014 - im not sure if we should do that and mess up our chance at landing a big name FA. idk..

Nick Young is a chucker. Would not want him on the team.

#37 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Martell Webster
Fifth in the NBA in 3 Point Shooting
Fifth among all non-big men in true shooting percentage

115 Offensive rating (Top 10 in the league)

So no he isn't.

If you have a chance to get him do it!

Edited by Majesty, May 01, 2013 - 10:22 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#38 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:31 PM

It's a drag though because he out rebounded our center in the Spurs series. Oh well.

Gasol 50 rebounds against the Thunder in R2 last season, Bynum 47 rebounds.

Shut the hell up, or I'm tossing you.

#39 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:32 PM

Said the chef to the salad ^_^

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#40 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,416 posts
  • Name:Matt

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:41 PM

Lol oh god I just laughed so hard right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users