This thread is bizarre.

#62 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:47 PM

lol.......but Bynum has constantly had injuries and not been healthy while Howard has been getting a better post game. lol how are the odds in the your favor at all?

And Bynum did not have a dominant post game. He was spoon-fed a lot from Kobe and he couldn't even pass out of a double team!!

Bynum avg's 26, 14, and 2 blocks last year, the only games he ever had a chance to play without Kobe. That sounds like pretty dominating numbers to me. Besides, you are missing the point. Howard has reached his peak after being the main guy for 7 years, Bynum has yet to be unleashed. If he's healthy this year and plays, I will put money that he will put up better numbers. We've already seen the best of Dwight, we haven't yet seen the best of Bynum.. If the Lakers give Dwight the max, I will come back to tell you I told you so when it's all said and done.

Edited by lakersfandude, May 01, 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#63 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Bynum was so dominant, guys, we lost 4-1 to the Thunder...with Kobe, and an offense that was built for the big man.

And Drew, the "dominant post player," shot 43.5% against that Thunder team.  A center, with a so-called dominant post game.

:laughing:

#64 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Woah, let's just set one thing in stone right now, because it is a known fact; BYNUM MOST DEFINITELY DID TAKE NIGHTS OFF

#65 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,025 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:49 PM

If he's healthy this year and plays, I will put money that he will put up better numbers.

Clearly you don't know what degenerative means. 

#66 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,407 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:52 PM

Bynum avg's 26, 14, and 2 blocks last year, the only games he ever had a chance to play without Kobe. That sounds like pretty dominating numbers to me. Besides, you are missing the point. Howard has reached his peak after being the main guy for 7 years, Bynum has yet to be unleashed. If he's healthy this year and plays, I will put money that he will put up better numbers. We've already seen the best of Dwight, we haven't yet seen the best of Bynum.. If the Lakers give Dwight the max, I will come back to tell you I told you so when it's all said and done.

uh you use 4 games as your argument and don't even bring up his fg% and claiming Howard has already reached his peak.

Ignore

#67 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:56 PM

Bynum was so dominant, guys, we lost 4-1 to the Thunder...with Kobe, and an offense that was built for the big man.

And Drew, the "dominant post player," shot 43.5% against that Thunder team.  A center, with a so-called dominant post game.

Do we have to rehash that all over again? The Lakers were up by 7 in game 2 after Bynum made a hook shot with 2 minutes left in the game and Kobe went 0 for 4 the next 4 shots with 2 turnovers to seal our fate. Game 3 we won. In game 4 we had a 14 pt lead with 6 minutes left and Kobe went 1 for 8 to finish the game to Bynum's one attempt. Kobe was not that great last year as he was this year. Nobody will say it because it hurts, but Kobe killed us those 2 games down the stretch otherwise we woulda been up 3 to 1. I will go second by second on the final minutes of those 2 games if they are brought up. We would have beat the Thunder if Kobe didn't try to finish those games by himself. Anybody have the film?

#68 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:57 PM

uh you use 4 games as your argument and don't even bring up his fg% and claiming Howard has already reached his peak.

Ignore

6 games dude, not 4. Get your facts straight.

#69 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:58 PM

Clearly you don't know what degenerative means. 

He had surgery dude and that was supposed to fix any problems. Are you a doctor that has diagnosed Bynum. or do you just listen to rumors?

#70 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:02 PM

Are you guys saying that if Drew is cleared to play next season and his knees are fixed, you wouldn't entertain the option of signing him for less money rather than giving Dwight the max? After what you saw from him this season you all are so bent on signing him to the max without exploring other options? If that's true, I must be in the twilight zone.. You guys are that high up on his nut sac? 

Edited by lakersfandude, May 01, 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#71 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:03 PM

Bynum avg's 26, 14, and 2 blocks last year, the only games he ever had a chance to play without Kobe.

6 games dude, not 4. Get your facts straight.

Nah, get yours straight.  He played seven games without Kobe last season.

April 7th - April 18th

Started @ Phoenix, ended @ Golden State.

Bynum averaged 23.1 PPG, 14.1 RPG, 1.0 BPG, and a pretty damn bad 46.7% FG.  He shot 68% from the FT line, attempting 7.1 FT/G, and 19.6 FGA/G.

Step your game up.

#72 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:04 PM

He had surgery dude and that was supposed to fix any problems. Are you a doctor that has diagnosed Bynum. or do you just listen to rumors?

Surgery doesn't fix degenerative knees.

#73 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:05 PM

Surgery doesn't fix degenerative knees.

Why did he have surgery then? 

#74 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:07 PM

Don't ignore my post, sir.

#75 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Why did he have surgery then?

It was to clean out his knee.

Degenerative knee condition is what Brandon Roy has. So you can assume what it does to a 7 footer like Bynum who has had a few knee injuries over his playing career

#76 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:08 PM

He's done it plenty of times before, why wouldn't he now?

#77 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Nah, get yours straight.  He played seven games without Kobe last season.

April 7th - April 18th

Started @ Phoenix, ended @ Golden State.

Bynum averaged 23.1 PPG, 14.1 RPG, 1.0 BPG, and a pretty damn bad 46.7% FG.  He shot 68% from the FT line, attempting 7.1 FT/G, and 19.6 FGA/G.

Step your game up.

O.K. 7 games. The 1st 7 games of his career he was able to be "the man" Those are pretty good numbers for someones 1st 7 games as the main guy. Dwights had 7 or 8 years to be that guy. Bynum had only seven games.Imagine what he could do with that role for a full season. Why the hell was Collins so fired up to get him as the leader? Do you know more about basketball than him? They got your guy's favorite player, a top 5 player according to most for him in Dwight. If Drew is so bad, why would he be the trade bait in the awesome player you guys all covet in Dwight Howard? How did the Lakers swing a deal for Dwight Howard for the pathetic lazy no good player in Bynum if he isn't very good?

One of those 7 games you are talking about he got 30 rbds against the Spurs, another game he got 30 points. He sounds pretty [expletive]ty to me.

Edited by lakersfandude, May 01, 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#78 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:18 PM

He's done it plenty of times before, why wouldn't he now?

There's Projekt again climbing on Raw Deals back. It seems every time he asks a question there are some of you posters that sit and wait for an answer, and then when one is given you have nothing to say? It's poetic...

#79 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:20 PM

I answered it. Well?

#80 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,025 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:21 PM

O.K. 7 games. The 1st 7 games of his career he was able to be "the man" Those are pretty good numbers for someones 1st 7 games as the main guy. Dwights had 7 or 8 years to be that guy. Bynum had only seven games.Imagine what he could do with that role for a full season. Why the hell was Collins so fired up to get him as the leader? Do you know more about basketball than him? They got your guy's favorite player, a top 5 player according to most for him in Dwight. If Drew is so bad, why would he be the trade bait in the awesome player you guys all covet in Dwight Howard? How did the Lakers swing a deal for Dwight Howard for the pathetic lazy no good player in Bynum if he isn't very good?

One of those 7 games you are talking about he got 30 rbds against the Spurs, another game he got 30 points. He sounds pretty [expletive]ty to me.

Because Bynum is still better than Hawes or Vucevic and can be a franchise player for a playoff team, but he's definitely not better than Dwight Howard. Also more information about his health condition was revealed to us this year. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, May 01, 2013 - 10:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users