97 replies to this topic

#21 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:06 PM

Haha, I wish you were trolling, but I think you truly believe this after looking over a few posts of yours. This is equal parts hilarious and depressing.

Complaining about Howard's "pathetic play" while Bynum sat out the training camp, then half the season, then the full year with knee issues. Makes perfect sense. Yeah, a guy with a history of knee injuries and multiple surgeries is going to come back just fine and stronger than ever. You know, because that's totally how things work out for seven foot giants with knee problems.

I know how you hate Bynum, but if, it's a big if, but if Bynum's knees are strong after surgery and he is healthy next season, you don't think he would be as good if not better than Howard? Wouldn't it be a fresh of breath air just seeing him on the ft line, let alone his better offensive game? I know you are sold on Dwight, but all that was said about him before and after being traded, didn't result in much. I just didn't see what the big fuss was all about. Sorry.

P.S. I don't troll. I just don't get all the hype over Howard. He doesn't seem to have big enough balls to be the man in Lakerland.

Edited by lakersfandude, May 01, 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#22 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:10 PM

I know how you hate Bynum, but if, it's a big if, but if Bynum's knees are strong after surgery and he is healthy next season, you don't think he would be as good if not better than Howard? Wouldn't it be a fresh of breath air just seeing him on the ft line, let alone his better offensive game? I know you are sold on Dwight, but all that was said about him before and after being traded, didn't result in much. I just didn't see what the big fuss was all about. Sorry.

He has a degenerative knee condition. He's never going to be healthy.

#23 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,797 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:33 PM

He was never better than Howard pre-injury, so no, I don't expect him to miraculously turn into a franchise center after half a dozen knee injuries. And I have no idea why you Bynum stans make it sound like he's some Hakeem/McHale lovechild on the offensive end of the floor. He doesn't have that great of an offensive game, maybe 3 moves in all. That's it. He has no all-encompassing post-game to give him the edge over Dwight Howard. Bynum might have looked smoother on that end with a nicer hook shoot, but Dwight was always MUCH more effective, as his track record with the Magic had shown.

I don't care about the FT shooting because it's irrelevant here. You're not looking at the big picture, just a raw statline if you focus on the percentages. Sure, Bynum shoots around nearly 70%, but he has a career average of 4 FTA per game. Dwight Howard has averaged 5+ FTM per game. Dwight MAKES more free throws per game than Bynum even ATTEMPTS. Does the significance of this just fly right over your head? 

If Bynum had the ability to draw as many fouls and collapse defenses like Howard then there would be a legitimate discussion. If he had the ability to get low-post position as often as Howard and were capable of passing out of double teams and collapsing defensive schemes as effectively, you'd have an argument. If Bynum could anchor a defense and guard 15 feet of the floor with his presence alone, we could talk about it.

But Bynum can't do any of that. Dwight can. He is the better player. There is no question about it.

And I don't hate Bynum, I'm just not a fan of injury prone centers who take nights off on the defensive end.

#24 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,237 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:35 PM

You know, this thread started as a joke..... and it is continuing as a joke lol

#25 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:46 PM

If Drew is strong and ready to play next season, I'd rather gamble on Bynum's health, because he would come cheap, than to sign Dwight to a $120,000,000 contract. It may sound funny to you now, but if he recovers he will be just as good as Dwight, and come at less than half the price. Howard can't handle the Laker spotlight anyway, that's been proven.

I'd rather do nothing and wait until 2014 when there will be some superstar free agents, than to sign Dwight to that ridiculous undeserved contract. 

#26 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:53 PM

He was never better than Howard pre-injury, so no, I don't expect him to miraculously turn into a franchise center after half a dozen knee injuries. And I have no idea why you Bynum stans make it sound like he's some Hakeem/McHale lovechild on the offensive end of the floor. He doesn't have that great of an offensive game, maybe 3 moves in all. That's it. He has no all-encompassing post-game to give him the edge over Dwight Howard. Bynum might have looked smoother on that end with a nicer hook shoot, but Dwight was always MUCH more effective, as his track record with the Magic had shown.

I don't care about the FT shooting because it's irrelevant here. You're not looking at the big picture, just a raw statline if you focus on the percentages. Sure, Bynum shoots around nearly 70%, but he has a career average of 4 FTA per game. Dwight Howard has averaged 5+ FTM per game. Dwight MAKES more free throws per game than Bynum even ATTEMPTS. Does the significance of this just fly right over your head? 

If Bynum had the ability to draw as many fouls and collapse defenses like Howard then there would be a legitimate discussion. If he had the ability to get low-post position as often as Howard and were capable of passing out of double teams and collapsing defensive schemes as effectively, you'd have an argument. If Bynum could anchor a defense and guard 15 feet of the floor with his presence alone, we could talk about it.

But Bynum can't do any of that. Dwight can. He is the better player. There is no question about it.

And I don't hate Bynum, I'm just not a fan of injury prone centers who take nights off on the defensive end.

If Howard's the better player, then Bynum must really suck. Howard doesn't take nights off? That's why he's always in foul trouble, because he wants to get out of the game. When Bynum dropped Barea and got kicked out of the Dallas game a couple of years ago, he got bashed by most Laker fans for quitting and wanting to get out of the game. When Howard did what he did against the Spurs in game 4 everybody seems to forgive him and say that it's O.K. There seems to be a double standard here. If Bynum did what Howard did, he would be crucified here and unforgiven. 

#27 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,601 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:59 PM

he should have to pay the lakers if he wants to play here again...that would be the only way he'd get back on this team if i had anything to do with it

Posted Image

#28 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,797 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:10 PM

If Howard's the better player, then Bynum must really suck. Howard doesn't take nights off? That's why he's always in foul trouble, because he wants to get out of the game. When Bynum dropped Barea and got kicked out of the Dallas game a couple of years ago, he got bashed by most Laker fans for quitting and wanting to get out of the game. When Howard did what he did against the Spurs in game 4 everybody seems to forgive him and say that it's O.K. There seems to be a double standard here. If Bynum did what Howard did, he would be crucified here and unforgiven. 

Good job ignoring every other major point, that takes real dedication. You obviously don't understand basketball if you think that foul trouble translates to taking nights off, especially when Howard is the only one playing some semblance of defense on most nights.

It's not worth it trying to explain or have a conversation if you're going to be this dense.

#29 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:35 PM

Good job ignoring every other major point, that takes real dedication. You obviously don't understand basketball if you think that foul trouble translates to taking nights off, especially when Howard is the only one playing some semblance of defense on most nights.

It's not worth it trying to explain or have a conversation if you're going to be this dense.

Where's your evidence you speak of saying Bynum took nights off? I say Howard did. All of the games in the Spurs series for example. We all witnessed it, whether some of us want to close their eyes and pretend it never happened or not. Evidently in your eyes he was playing his butt off in that series and you have no complaints. He's so perfect, the Lakers should bow down and give him whatever he wants. To me he's an immature baby that can't handle the pressure of what it takes to be a great Laker.

Sitting in the exit interview saying he's gonna take his sweet time and think about whether the Lakers are good enough for him and whether or not he would be "happy" enough playing for the best franchise in sports history.. SMH. As if he deserves the right. Hit the road Howard and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Good luck getting a max deal from any other team after they saw how you played for the Lakers this year. Your a laughing stock on all sports networks on television after what you did. 

Edited by lakersfandude, May 01, 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#30 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,459 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:52 PM

If Drew is strong and ready to play next season, I'd rather gamble on Bynum's health, because he would come cheap, than to sign Dwight to a $120,000,000 contract. It may sound funny to you now, but if he recovers he will be just as good as Dwight, and come at less than half the price. Howard can't handle the Laker spotlight anyway, that's been proven.

I'd rather do nothing and wait until 2014 when there will be some superstar free agents, than to sign Dwight to that ridiculous undeserved contract. 

I can't wait to rub this stupid [expletive] you post in your face next season when Bynum is yet again not playing.

#31 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kara no Kyoukai

• 8,464 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 06:09 PM

Best shape ever.

MMiRi9s.png

#32 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 06:23 PM

I can't wait to rub this stupid [expletive] you post in your face next season when Bynum is yet again not playing.

Getting personal huh? 

#33 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,459 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:26 PM

Getting personal huh? 

nah....so you can shut up and leave these forums already because you clearly are a Bynum fan, not a Laker fan

#34 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Assuming this is the same guy, why do you continue to post on a forum where nobody likes you?

#35 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,459 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:35 PM

Assuming this is the same guy, why do you continue to post on a forum where nobody likes you?

thats the point of being a troll...

#36 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Why feed the bynum troll bka lakerfandude? Why even try convincing him that DH>>>>Bynum?

Its like trying to convince Windu that we should keep pau. I just dont see it happening. Its impossible!

#37 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:43 PM

thats the point of being a troll...

I honestly don't think he's even trying to troll anymore. I just think he has an obsession with trying to prove Bynum is better than Dwight. Wouldn't shock me if he's on other forums doing the same.

#38 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:58 PM

nah....so you can shut up and leave these forums already because you clearly are a Bynum fan, not a Laker fan

I didn't bring up this thread did I? I just responded to it. The only reason you want someone like me off this forum is because you don't like people that have other opinions than yourself. You try to be a bully, but your responses are too weak. Next time you have something to say to me, please come back with something intelligent instead of a bully response. It's pretty weak.

#39 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:59 PM

Wow, only the first week of the off-season and already lunacy has come to Lakertown.

#40 Dwight Rules All

Dwight Rules All

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:03 PM

What same guy? All I know is that everybody on forums has different opinions, but if what you are saying is that in order to be liked on this particular forum we all have to think the same and follow one another, then what's the point? If someone has an opinion that most others don't then they are not liked? Who cares?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users