Jodie Meeks 1.5

Free agent
Dwight Howard about 20 million
Jamison
Sacre
Ebanks
Morris
Goudelock

I cannot expect many of these guys to be back...
Hopefully Howard
Earl Clark is going to want too much money his agent will price him onto another team
Sacre is a yes for the right price
Ebanks Morris goudelock all got to go I believe
Jamison is moving on to another team to look for a title, he can go jinx the heat or thunder

Which means
We will have an aged starting guards that are injured and make 40 mill combined, pouting pau, hill returning from injury, Steve Blake backing up Nash, Meeks backing up Kobe, hill pau and Dwight in the post, no one on the wings but metta

This team will have about 90mill on the books with it's current players before looking to add anyone in free agency, so the team will have the mid level or the mini mid level to sign a couple players

Lakers need to just sign players to 1 or 2 year deals
All the money comes off the books after next season, expect Nash who may retire
Lakers need to manage their cap well here at the end of kobes massive contract
Sign 1 year contracts to everyone except Dwight
I really don't want to see multiple year contracts handed out to role players

I rather see the lakers sign cheap players on 1 year deals that fit the system they are coming into with the coach

Dantonie also needs to be fired, and that's something has nothing and everything to do with this topic of managing players

#2 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Lets hope mwp retires blake is amnestied
Posted Image

#3 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Also i doubt nash retires unless he suffers a major injury
Posted Image

#4 randomguy

randomguy

Rookie

• 84 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:43 PM

wtf amnesty blake? he was great for us this year...

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,945 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:20 AM

Also i doubt nash retires unless he suffers a major injury

Not this upcoming season but the one after

So, he comes off the books after 2013-2014
I think metta is amnesty material. Blake like a 10% chance

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,592 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:47 AM

The salary next season is going to be high, regardless of any moves they make. There is no way around it - unless of course the Lakers use amnesty on Kobe or make multiple salary-cutting trades. The last two solutions would effectively take them out of contention.

In the end, they just have to accept the fact that they for ONE year are going to be paying A LOT of money.

I heard John Ireland on Mason&Ireland saying that money was an issue next season, but not to the extent that they wouldn't pay a lot if they thought they could win.

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:50 AM

Wasting 19 mil...

Pau Gasol is GONE

#8 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:22 AM

Lets hope mwp retires blake is amnestied

What are you even talking about....

Blake played well this season

#9 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,207 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted May 01, 2013 - 11:04 AM

I love the sudden focus on payroll.  Why now?  The owner and FO already made the decision last summer to go "all in" in 2012-13 and the year beyond.  The payroll goes up next year assuming Dwight re-signs.  It is what it is.

Reminds me of the gubmit bailout in 2009.  We decided to spend $1T to spur the economy, intentionally borrowing (and/ or printing) 40% plus of every dollar spent.  Now we [expletive] about the deficit.  Huh?

The folks that have a right to complain are over at TWC.  This is not the product they paid for.

Debbie Downer

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 01, 2013 - 11:10 AM

I love the sudden focus on payroll.  Why now?  The owner and FO already made the decision last summer to go "all in" in 2012-13 and the year beyond.  The payroll goes up next year assuming Dwight re-signs.  It is what it is.

Reminds me of the gubmit bailout in 2009.  We decided to spend $1T to spur the economy, intentionally borrowing (and/ or printing) 40% plus of every dollar spent.  Now we [expletive] about the deficit.  Huh?

The folks that have a right to complain are over at TWC.  This is not the product they paid for.

It's really not about the payroll, it's about the luxury that comes along with it.  

If they were to bring everyone back, including Dwight, that tax + salary will have the Lakers paying close to $200 million for one season.

The Lakers aren't going to focus on getting under the salary cap, they are going to focus on reducing the luxury tax and getting under that or at least close to under. 

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,592 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 01, 2013 - 11:24 AM

I think there are several reasons. 

First of all, Dr. Buss died (RIP), and the new owners (Buss' children) are looking at a few tax-challenges, the size of which no-one really knows. 

Second, i think that the front office had hoped that they would have a team that could contend for a championship, in which case they probably could accept paying a lot. Butt with the turmoil and injuries i'm not sure if they believe this team, as constructed, is capable of that.

Finally, i think the front office knew that they could probably move either Nash or Pau, if they had to. Unfortunately, Nash's value has fallen and Pau is more or less needed for this team to succeed. 

Also, playing with the Trade Machine and trying to figure out what will happen with the Lakers in the future, what players/coaches to aim for etc., is a lot of fun, but in this new CBA landscape, a bit of knowledge on payroll is needed. 

#12 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 01, 2013 - 01:49 PM

Duhon is such an eye sore. We need to find a way to get rid of that guy.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 01:54 PM

Duhon is such an eye sore. We need to find a way to get rid of that guy.

He'll be gone this off-season.  He has a non-guaranteed contract so they'll waive him before the deadline that makes him guaranteed money.  In that situation we only pay him half his remaining contract. 

#14 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,207 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted May 01, 2013 - 06:50 PM

It's really not about the payroll, it's about the luxury that comes along with it.  

If they were to bring everyone back, including Dwight, that tax + salary will have the Lakers paying close to $200 million for one season.

The Lakers aren't going to focus on getting under the salary cap, they are going to focus on reducing the luxury tax and getting under that or at least close to under. 

The payroll and attendant luxury tax and repeater penalties were all well known components of the CBA before the FO embarked on this course last summer.  I just dont see any reason to get excited about it at this point.  The FO bought the equivalent of the big expensive gas guzzler car, now they have to pay for the gas and maintenance that goes with it.

Debbie Downer

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:51 PM

The payroll and attendant luxury tax and repeater penalties were all well known components of the CBA before the FO embarked on this course last summer. I just dont see any reason to get excited about it at this point. The FO bought the equivalent of the big expensive gas guzzler car, now they have to pay for the gas and maintenance that goes with it.

And even though I think they will look to lower the luxury tax, I think there's also a very good chance they give it one more go around with a high payroll because next year is a clean slate.

With the TWC deal, they have a lot of money. For them, putting a contender on that floor results in more money.

I think it could go either way, I agree that they knew what they were doing. They put this team together for a two year run, I would assume they did it knowing the penalties it would cause but I also think they never envisioned this type of season so it might change the plan slightly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users