#21 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:09 PM

Next year he will avg. at least 13-14 ppg and 6-7 rpg and we will regret letting him go.

#22 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,757 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:16 PM

and also play no defense

i love antawn, and applaud him for pushing through injury to play and help our team... but when his shot wasn't falling, we were pretty much playing 5 on 4 on defense

great experiment that i'm glad we tried, but i've got no quarrels about him moving on.

2div

#23 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:52 PM

Even though he sucked on D, he was still competent on offense, and he helped our team. 

I like getting veteran minimum guys who can contribute. Too bad our team is so [expletive]ed up. 

#24 Holden_Magroin

Holden_Magroin

Rookie

• 53 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:57 PM

I think if we sign andray Blatche he will provide the same amount if not more for the same price. 

#25 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:23 PM

This is annoying. I hope Howard tells lakers management I wont be here if MDA is. That simple. 

Laker fan for life.

#26 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,803 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:40 PM

I remember Jamison saying something about his family, and that he wants to retire @ the end of this season ..

If not, i think Jamison's presence is important, he can contribute even if he's aging one more year.

I honestly dont think this issue is related to MA being the coach next year, its too early to make the decision in the end of the playoffs.

If jamison can talk about MA, it will help Dwight if he ever express his dislike of mike to the fo.

#27 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 523 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted April 30, 2013 - 04:49 PM

Yeah I feel like if Ebanks did one, 'Twan would have done one if could of. <br />

#28 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,402 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 30, 2013 - 05:05 PM

Antawn said at the beginning of the year he'd only be here for one year and that his ex wife said she could hold it down at home taking care of the children for one year only.

This was always a one year thing.

Mike D'antoni has nothing to do with Jamison not returning. 

Not everything revolves around that freaking guy.

Edited by Majesty, April 30, 2013 - 05:05 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#29 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:58 PM

It's a damn shame to see Jamison go. The limited role that he was given, he sure brought a lot to the table. I don't blame him for leaving because of sorry D'Antoni

#30 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,812 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:44 PM

Don't mind at all, more minutes for Hill.

#31 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,653 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:53 PM

I just wanted to quote that name.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,402 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:54 PM

Don't mind at all, more minutes for Hill.

Agreed

#33 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 01, 2013 - 12:32 AM

He skipped the exit interview. That's the thing. Every player in the NBA knows exit interviews follow the day or two after elimination...especially a veteran like Jamison, who has had more of them than anyone on our team, minus Nash.

I'm sure it was a one-year plan. Doesn't mean he was going to skip his exit interview, and it never meant he was going to openly comment on adjustments not being made during games.

And yes, he didn't seem to give a [expletive] about MDA on that Max & Marcellus interview. It was kind of awkward.

Jamison came to a Lakers squad that had Eddie Jordan as an assistant coach, and it was Jordan who wanted Jamison to play in the Princeton offense.

When the smoke cleared, Jamison was doing the exact opposite of what he came here for: he wasn't competing for a ring, he wasn't playing in the Princeton offense, and he wasn't used consistently (in regards to what position he played and his role in the offense).

Jamison went quite some time without that surgery, and was playing professional basketball. I'm sure he wasn't rushed into getting it done a day after Game 4. He simply left, and did not want to talk to the media about this disappointing waste of an NBA season.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,402 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 12:43 AM

He skipped the exit interview. That's the thing. Every player in the NBA knows exit interviews follow the day or two after elimination...especially a veteran like Jamison, who has had more of them than anyone on our team, minus Nash.

I'm sure it was a one-year plan. Doesn't mean he was going to skip his exit interview, and it never meant he was going to openly comment on adjustments not being made during games.

And yes, he didn't seem to give a [expletive] about MDA on that Max & Marcellus interview. It was kind of awkward.

Jamison came to a Lakers squad that had Eddie Jordan as an assistant coach, and it was Jordan who wanted Jamison to play in the Princeton offense.

When the smoke cleared, Jamison was doing the exact opposite of what he came here for: he wasn't competing for a ring, he wasn't playing in the Princeton offense, and he wasn't used consistently (in regards to what position he played and his role in the offense).

Jamison went quite some time without that surgery, and was playing professional basketball. I'm sure he wasn't rushed into getting it done a day after Game 4. He simply left, and did not want to talk to the media about this disappointing waste of an NBA season.

A lot of our lineup was developed around the Princeton unfortunately, and D'antoni runs the opposite of it.

I actually think a lot of off-season moves(such as not going after Webster, passing up on CDR etc) were all Princeton based moves because they were trying to build around that "system" which is why Jamison was here.

unfortunately none of that happened.

#35 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,488 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 01, 2013 - 03:23 AM

I actually feel bad for the guy, but he wasn’t exactly the only one who was a bit disappointed this season. Once again I put the majority of the blame on Mike D’Antoni – and Brown for that matter. I wouldn’t mind bringing him back next season either – that is, if he is willing to accept the vets minimum.

#36 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:42 AM

I just wanted to quote that name.

I believe that name is from a Friends episode.

#37 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted May 01, 2013 - 11:59 AM

Played no D, but still... we're not gonna get a better player for the veteran's minimum.

Posted Image

#38 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 01, 2013 - 01:24 PM

That's a bigger loss than most people on here think. Especially for how cheap we were getting his services. Definitely sad about this. Sorry it didn't work Antawn.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#39 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,473 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted May 01, 2013 - 01:44 PM

Really liked the guy & his quick shots. Hope we get someone young to replace the guy. 

2hf753r.jpg

#40 EJ06

EJ06

Rookie

• 775 posts
  • Fan Since:1995-96

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:27 PM

Sucks to see him go, but we need some young blood on the bench.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users