28 replies to this topic

#21 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:32 PM

This summer's a big one in cementing my opinion of Jim Buss. I was pretty pissed at him during the lockout summer, because of how he let go all those employees in an unclassy manner and not hiring Adelman, and although he made the CP3 trade, it was only because LA would also be saving tons of money in the process. 

My opinion of him improved after he pulled the trigger on Howard (which happend while Dr. Buss was in the hospital so I'll give Jimmy credit here) and firing Mike Brown as well. I won't blame him for MDA because myself and many board members didn't oppose the hire right off the bat, but this was before it became evident he was clearly a one trick pony. However, now there are clearly roster issues and a pretty big coaching issue as well, so if he reacts accordingly I'll feel more comfortable with his leadership of the franchise in the future. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, May 01, 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#22 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,857 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:17 AM

Are you aware that there is a plan for 2014? The way the contracts are set-up, Lakers are in good shape.

He gave Kobe a roster that MOSt thought was enough help, and a coach Kobe personally idolized.

And after next season  we can start over.

#23 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,135 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:35 AM

Jim Buss did make several mistakes during his tenure as basketball operations/ owner now but I rather have him than Donald sterling 10 times over tahts for sure.  I'll give little Buss a couple of more years to get his act together until I really slam this guy. Unlike Donald Sterling, Jim Buss do want to win badly and do want to please the fans. He just go about it wrong most of the time.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#24 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,857 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:57 AM

Firstly, what mistakes have other "owners" made?

Do you blame OKC for letting go of Green and harden?

Is that on the GM or owner?

The bottom line is the only owner that has no complaints is Miami and they had to suffer through a 15 win season while we were going to the Finals 3 straight years.

#25 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:03 AM

i just want to talk to lil Buss & get an idea of his basketball knowledge. Determine if he really does suffer from wheek chair pride or determine if he has no clue whats he doing, or determine if he really believes he is doing the best thing to improve Lakers.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#26 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,857 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:45 AM

Are u serious?

Why did he sign Dwight?

Why did he sign Nash? Why did nn biased anal;yst pick us to come out the west?

you think any of these OWNERS habve tons of basketball knowledge?

Did Jerry, who was a chemistry professor?

You guys are really kids or do you understand what a sports OWNER does?

they WRITE checks.

OKC owner decided against that and look at the result. They won't win, and they will have to re-vamp as their window closes

#27 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,090 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Dwight and Nash are irrelevant

Pau Gasol is GONE

#28 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,074 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:58 PM

I don't really have a strong opinion on Jim Buss. I think he made some questionable decisions but I also think he made some good decisions. The problem with Lakers fans is they focused too much on his questionable decisions. They believe when there's a problem they will automically blame it on Jim Buss. But when things are going well they will praise Mitch Kupchack and the late Jerry Buss but not include Jim Buss. This upcoming season will be the first true season where it will be just him and Mitch Kupchack. Let's see on how Jim Buss will handle this situation.

#29 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 02, 2013 - 04:45 PM

This will be an interesting topic over the next few years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users