57 replies to this topic

#41 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,135 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:12 PM

It is obvious that the people who drive the MDA pitty bus missing the point. The point is not because we suck this year.  Obviously it is a rough season because of injuries and all that "excuses".  But the way MDA coach is unheard of. The way he alienated the players is the issues. The way players feel less and less uncomfortable playing for him is obvious.  That is the issue. Not because of the records but because of the connection between players and coach. And with MDA coaching, there is NO chemistry between the two.  You think the coach of the memphis grizzlies a great coach? You think the coach for the Indiana pacers a great coach? They don't have Phil Jackson pedegre but what they have is they know how to make players like them and play hard for them.  MDA knows how to allienate stars and role players. He's been doing that all his NBA career including the Suns.

SO we can rebuild under MDA all we want. The bottom line is this coach is toxic and the more we ignore that fact, we will never be good.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#42 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:23 PM

He makes more than the mini MLE now though, which is worrisome. I would love to have him on the team, though, probably the best perimeter defender in the league if not top 3 at least. 

Why would Allen leave Memphis to play for us?  How is that an upgrade for him?

#43 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:37 PM

Agree with the OP.  I don't care who it was, this season would have been a bust for any coach including Phil.  You can make adjustments to a healthy roster...there's nothing you can do when 40% of your starting lineup is injured.

I think the starting 5 played together for about 22 games...a little over 1/4 of the regular season games.

I don't think it's possible to adequately gauge anything based on the plethora of "what if" scenarios that are clearly 20/20 hindsight combined with abundance of injuries to KEY players.

This was OBVIOUSLY a year of WORST case scenarios...and that's not MDA's fault.  Bring back a healthy team and he still doesn't get it done?  Good riddance.

Worst case scenarios maybe, but largely predictable too.  Old players get hurt more.  Bad bench players make the problem much worse.  When it becomes apparent mid-season that help is needed, none is forthcoming because Mitch has mortgaged the place already.

How much more of a body of work do you need to adequately judge MDA?  If the team must be "healthy" then that includes Kobe who wont be back until Christmas (current timetable) and not up to speed (whatever that might be post injury/ rehab) until Jan or even Feb.  ASSUMING no other major injuries with an old roster (unlikely), your plan would be to give MDA a full season to prove himself essentially. 

Respectfully, the injury to Kobe IS MDA's fault.  He played an older player way too much and admitted he was doing it at the time. 

#44 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:54 PM

We can rebuild all we want, but we aren't winning [expletive] under D'Antoni. 

#45 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,695 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:55 PM

I don't know who in their right minds would want D'Antoni back. WTF is wrong with you people?! The same [expletive] is going to happen next year. We will [expletive] up in the pre-season like we did this year, and [expletive] up in the beginning of next season. Then we fire D'Antoni and settle for another [expletive]ty ass coach and we're back to where we're at, right now.

WE ARE WASTING KOBE BRYANT'S YEARS PEOPLE. STOP BEING BLIND. HE ONLY HAS TWO YEARS LEFT AND HE'S GONE. WE CANNOT LET THESE TWO YEARS GO TO WASTE BECAUSE WE [expletive]ED UP TWICE.

It's time to own up to our mistakes. You know [expletive] happens. It happened twice when picked our coaches. Let's get Phil Jax and win some more titles. Because we won't contend in a long time once Kobe retires. We have zero valuable draft picks.

Edited by Jackson, April 30, 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#46 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,768 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted April 30, 2013 - 06:32 PM

Asking this clown to help you rebuild your roster is like asking Tiger Woods to be your relationship coach, and Lindsey Lohan to be your sobriety coach. I would rather I never see trashtoni ever again....unless he is coaching the clippers next year

Edited by MWPandMDAtrashforever, April 30, 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#47 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Jim Buss wasted Kobe's final years as a Laker because he wanted to be an Ass to Phil.... I'm just shocked of the stupidity that's going on

#48 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 821 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:44 PM

MDA is a absolute cancer to the team. Everyone gave Mike Rice flak for asserting his will physically on players in Rutgers, but MDA's lack of professionalism and treatment of his players has a significant negative effect as well. If you just look at his face when he calls time outs, it's as if he is saying "What the [expletive] guys, how many times have I told you to do this? Why do you suck?" Sick and tired of seeing his exasperated and whiny face.

#49 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,521 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 30, 2013 - 10:51 PM

MDA should have no input in player personnel decisions. Make the players you got work. Impossible right.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#50 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,484 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:57 PM

MDA should have no input in player personnel decisions. Make the players you got work. Impossible right.

Yup. Dude is just gonna want the Lakers to get tweeners that shoot threes all game.

#51 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,754 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 02, 2013 - 05:19 AM

Yup. Dude is just gonna want the Lakers to get tweeners that shoot threes all game.

So pretty much what Dwight had in orlando?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#52 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,095 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted May 02, 2013 - 07:50 AM

* With the Lakers in full-on evaluation mode after getting swept in the first round by the Spurs, coach Mike D'Antoni is actively exploring his long-standing desire to add a defensive-minded assistant. D'Antoni's first choice is believed to be McMillan. But with the fellow Team USA assistant expected to land a head coaching job, coaching sources believe D'Antoni will get the green light to add former Suns coach Alvin Gentry to his staff for next season.

http://www.cbssports...gundy-hot-names

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#53 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,484 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted May 02, 2013 - 11:04 AM

So pretty much what Dwight had in orlando?

The only tweener on Orlando's roster was Rashard Lewis.

LOL @ the Lakers. We're gonna end up with soft players like Channing Frye all over our roster. I love what that's going to do to our defense.

Edited by -MagicKareemKobe-, May 02, 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#54 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,116 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 11:37 AM

I don't know if Gentry is a defensive minded coach but I'd welcome him.

#55 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,126 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 04:16 PM

Gentry is not defensive minded.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#56 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,695 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted May 02, 2013 - 04:32 PM

I like Gentry better than D'Antoni, but he's a copycat of the later.

Get rid of Mike, please.

#57 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,854 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 03, 2013 - 08:39 AM

Please hire McMillan.

That way when D'Antoni is fired the Lakers have a quality coach waiting in the wings to replace him if they can't get Shaw back into the fold.

Glad to see the majority of people realize that any moves done under D'Antoni's broken regime is a waste of time.

#58 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 03, 2013 - 09:01 AM

He is such a HORRIBLE COACH... he doesn't give this team an identity or players any kind of ROLES... nobody knows what they are doing half the time and are confused about everything.... 

He doesn't coach defense and his offensive schemes are push the ball and shoot 3's... why is he even a coach?!?! if he can't adapt and learn how to use all the talent on his roster and give everybody a defined role smh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lakers, Kobe, Howard, Nash, Gasol, DAntoni, Rebuild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users