#1961 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,930 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Let the games begin.

I truly believe if Phil were the coach that Dwight would sign our deal in a heartbeat.

#1962 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:21 PM

another important factoid from the above article

I think that about shows the Lakers would pick Dwight over D'antoni if given the option.

Other than that the only thing in that article I don't agree with is saying that Dwight and Kobe have a poor relationship.  I think that was way overplayed in the media and Kobe and Dwight do talk and Dwight was there for Kobe during his process of being shelved and Kobe's love grew a lot for him that day.

I don't think Dwight would do that for someone he has a poor relationship with.   Just imo.

Media always loves to blow those things up, it gets reads, its drama, its like shaq and kobe all over again. Ive always thought it was BS. To me Houston seems like a no brainer I had said that a year ago. Lets hope Dwight has gained some Laker pride over the last 12 months. Would be quite embarrassing to have Howard as the first major Laker FA to leave. 

Laker fan for life.

#1963 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,991 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:38 PM

Media always loves to blow those things up, it gets reads, its drama, its like shaq and kobe all over again. Ive always thought it was BS. To me Houston seems like a no brainer I had said that a year ago. Lets hope Dwight has gained some Laker pride over the last 12 months. Would be quite embarrassing to have Howard as the first major Laker FA to leave. 

also don't like that the article said the Lakers are believed to not have the financial flexibility to be a contender for years...

When next year everyone is off the books and they have room to sign a max contract player....

So I don't know where that came from.   It's pretty much worldly known that the Lakers will have max cap space in 2014 which is the very next year so... I don't know why the article is saying that the Lakers have no financial room to grow this year or years from now.  Something like "but lack the assets and financial flexibility to become one in the near future"....  and at that moment I'm like "Um....2014?  The VERY next season???? Doesn't this guy know that???"

I read that and was thinking "Are we sure Woj wrote this?"  :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, June 29, 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#1964 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:43 PM

9:00 PM PST tomorrow is the beginning of the end for Dwightmare 2.0.  At least it will be done with in a week. Can't wait for this to be over so we can move forward as a franchise.

I hope it's with Dwight Howard, but if it's not? Back to the drawing board and rise from the ashes like we always do. 

#1965 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:48 PM

9:00 PM PST tomorrow is the beginning of the end for Dwightmare 2.0.  At least it will be done with in a week. Can't wait for this to be over so we can move forward as a franchise.

I hope it's with Dwight Howard, but if it's not? Back to the drawing board and rise from the ashes like we always do. 

same boat as you, cant wait, only about a week lef. 

Laker fan for life.

#1966 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,328 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Dwight Howard's camp heard that Phil Jackson may be involved in Lakers pitch. "He could help, but only if he has a defined, long-term role."

#1967 hipster.doofus7

hipster.doofus7

Rookie

• 66 posts
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:57 PM

A restaurant chain in Dallas is trying to entice Dwight with free chicken fingers for the rest of his life... :laughing:

Raising Cane’s Promises Dwight Howard Free Chicken Fingers to Come to Dallas
Free agent center to eat “free for life” at local Cane’s for bringing his talents to Big D

DALLAS, TX (July 1, 2013) – Forget the millions being offered by teams across the league. Basketball superstar Dwight Howard stands to earn free chicken finger meals — for life — if he signs a free agent contract to play in Dallas, thanks to a bold pledge by DFW-area Raising Cane’s restaurants.

The nation’s #1 quick service chain, which currently boasts 20 restaurants across the DFW Metroplex, is known for its ONE LOVE® — quality chicken finger meals – and it’s putting a lifetime of them on the line to persuade Howard to sign with Dallas.

“These next few days, Dwight Howard will be making arguably the most important career decision of his life,” said Adam Reed, Marketing Manager at Raising Cane’s. “We have a lot of passionate fans among our Crewmembers in our DFW restaurants, so we thought we’d make Dwight an offer he couldn’t refuse to up the ante for a Dallas-bound decision. We are also calling on every Dallas fan to join us in making the case online, in order to bring the big man to Big D.”

#1968 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,960 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:58 PM

I cant imagine Mitch telling dwight anything he hasn't already told him. This is the rockets to lose. Maybe they say something he doesn't like and we get lucky but I just dont see that. They will say what ever they need to keep him happy. 

#1969 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:01 PM

Dwight Howard's camp heard that Phil Jackson may be involved in Lakers pitch. "He could help, but only if he has a defined, long-term role."

tumblr_mgozbhtqap1qhnoxno1_500.gif

#1970 Slamdunk

Slamdunk

Rookie

• 26 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Let the games begin.

I truly believe if Phil were the coach that Dwight would sign our deal in a heartbeat.

Me too, so thank goodness he's not. I don't think I could go another 5 years watching what I saw last year. I see things being better in 2014. 

#1971 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,930 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:13 PM

Me too, so thank goodness he's not. I don't think I could go another 5 years watching what I saw last year. I see things being better in 2014.

That 2014 free agent class ain't doing jack for the Lakers if they don't get Dwight.

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:13 PM

He would sign it, but not sure about the heartbeat. Since he seems to love attention, I'm sure he would still take his time to some extent.

A restaurant chain in Dallas is trying to entice Dwight with free chicken fingers for the rest of his life... :laughing:

That sounds like an act of desperation.

yo.

#1973 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,991 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:17 PM

tumblr_mgozbhtqap1qhnoxno1_500.gif

All the pieces are falling into place.

ESPN has been selling the "Lakers down and out no hope in sight" story...

if something blockbuster happens and Dwight re-signing is attached to it all the talk on ESPN will be on how the Lakers turned everything around and we'll become the news of the summer... again :laughing:

#1974 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,991 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:18 PM

Dwight Howard will choose the team that gives him the best chance to win. "This is about getting him back to the Finals again," source said.

@AlexKennedyNBA 22m

Source close to Dwight Howard made it clear that he has yet to make up his mind or cross any teams off of his list. "It's wide open."

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA 18m

Source close to Dwight Howard was adamant that the center isn't leaning toward a specific team: "He's going to weigh all of his options."

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:20 PM

Conflicting reports again? Yep, it's Dwightmare time alright. Now we just gotta' wait for the word imminent to start coming up again.

yo.

#1976 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,244 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:34 PM

This guy is a drama queen. I would like for him to come back, but it will be a huge sign of relief when it's all over.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#1977 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:37 PM

I wonder if Dwight comes to this thread ever.. If he did I'm sure he wouldn't like the fans calling him a drama queen.

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:38 PM

^ Oh he's been called much worse than that, trust me. So much so that I'm sure 'drama queen' for him at this point would basically be a compliment.

yo.

#1979 TXLaker24

TXLaker24

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Name:Steven Kinner
  • Fan Since:1978-Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:42 PM

In terms of quality, Raising Cane's is "eh." Not a big get there. Lol

#1980 TXLaker24

TXLaker24

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Name:Steven Kinner
  • Fan Since:1978-Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:44 PM

That 2014 free agent class ain't doing jack for the Lakers if they don't get Dwight.

Disagree

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users