#161 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,047 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 20, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Watching him in Orlando the year of his injury, he showed some pretty good post skills and a nice offensive repertoire from there.  

Judging his offensive game coming off an entire summer not being able to practice basketball is a bit harsh when just the year prior he was showing the effects of working with Hakeem.

I didn't forget that.    Going to watch him this year after a summer of work and practice which he finally gets able to do.   He'll also be working with Hakeem again/

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#162 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 20, 2013 - 01:32 PM

MDA probably wants him to work with Reggie Miller

Pau Gasol is GONE

#163 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,047 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 01:46 PM

Let's take a look at Howard prior to that injury some games and such

THIS kind of timing wasn't there this year,

This kind of footwork and leaping ability wasn't there this year

it happens when you're coming off back surgery and can't practice basketball for an entire summer.

So I'm not judging him till after this summer when he's healthy and actually can practice with Hakeem during the summer.

In junior high I was able to dunk, because I would stand under the basket every day and jump for weeks on end till I finally reached the rim,  I was doing touch rim dunks and such but then I could finally get my hand over it with the ball and was finally dunking.

I wanted nothing more than to show my dad that I could dunk.  So during summer vacation I wanted to take him out to the park so that we could go there so I could show him.  

He couldn't find time the entire summer vacation to go out to the park with me so I waited.   For months. 

Then near the end of the summer vacation we finally went out to the park so that I could show him.

When we got out there, I could only barely touch the rim. 

Why was this?  Cause the entire summer I spent waiting on him to take me to the park, I was at home with him, not jumping under a basket like I'd done every day prior.

So as a result, in just a few months of sitting idle, I could no longer dunk.

Now imagine what it's like for Dwight to come off back surgery and have to go for an entire summer not being able to practice ANYTHING basketball and then play an NBA season...

Edited by Majesty, May 20, 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#164 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2013 - 02:09 PM

i hope we develop a team around double post play next year.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#165 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2013 - 02:22 PM

The more I think about what Stephen A said, the more I think this is coming from Dwight's agent...obviously Dwight is not gonna go up to Mitch/Jim & say fire MDA and bring in Phil...he's passive aggressive not to mention hes still a new guy & his reputation is already shaky... so his agent is probably letting this info out

I haven't previously thought about that 3 year opt out thing that SAS mentioned, sign in HOU 3 yrs for max opt out and then sign another 5 years.

Its almost an impossible scenario to ask Jim to step down ask Jeanie to take over with Phil by her side....Jim should just hire Phil as coach and be done with.

It makes Dwight happy for now but long term does present some problems since Phil wont be here for more than 1-2 years

Lets say if Dwight does leave, he is going into a somewhat promising situation for 2013 (since Harden/Parsons gonna be better...Pau older + Kobe coming off injury) and by putting Phil's name in the mix it goes back to Jim Buss as the fault guy and not Dwight himself for leaving LA

I'm always in favor of the player who is a piece to a championship puzzle...I hate to say it but we gotta fire MDA and bring back Phil as a coach, not front office (Thats a whole another mess)

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#166 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,850 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 20, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thought it would be the coach or me rumors coming out first but.....

aww SAS thinks he has sources how cute. 

#167 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,682 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 20, 2013 - 02:43 PM

My whole thing.... He's the only coach the Lakers have been winning with since Pay Riley...
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#168 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 02:45 PM

Jarrod Rudolph (Dwight's mouthpiece) has turned on LA...he went on HOU's sports radio (97.5 FM) Dwight wants to win starting immediately, he's very interested in HOU

This is the same guy that was all over LA to Dwight (once Nets were ruled out as an option)

Look down his tweets hes arguing with Emplay

https://twitter.com/JRudolphSports

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#169 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:02 PM

God it's gonna be a long summer
Laker fan for life.

#170 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,156 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:04 PM

DeAndre Jordan just said on SportsNation that he doesn't think Dwight Howard will play for the Lakers next season.

#171 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,047 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:05 PM

DeAndre Jordan just said on SportsNation that he doesn't think Dwight Howard will play for the Lakers next season.

You mean he "hopes"

#172 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:06 PM

Lol deandre Jordan who cares what he thinks?
Laker fan for life.

#173 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,047 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:06 PM

Steve Nash tells Jay Mohr, "Yes, no question" Dwight Howard will return next season as a LA Lakers. LISTEN: http://bit.ly/10IsLhx

Would rather listen to Nash over DeAndre Jordan.

#174 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:10 PM

I feel bad for some of our fans that will hang on every single word that's going to be said. We're still a long way from a solution. We're going to hear everything.

Dwight could leave. But, I doubt there will be anything concrete any time soon. Even if the rumors about what he's feeling are true, there is plenty of time for him to change his mind. That's both positively or negatively.

Edited by Japago, May 20, 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Posted Image

#175 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,223 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:43 PM

The more I think about what Stephen A said, the more I think this is coming from Dwight's agent...obviously Dwight is not gonna go up to Mitch/Jim & say fire MDA and bring in Phil...he's passive aggressive not to mention hes still a new guy & his reputation is already shaky... so his agent is probably letting this info out

I haven't previously thought about that 3 year opt out thing that SAS mentioned, sign in HOU 3 yrs for max opt out and then sign another 5 years.

Its almost an impossible scenario to ask Jim to step down ask Jeanie to take over with Phil by her side....Jim should just hire Phil as coach and be done with.

It makes Dwight happy for now but long term does present some problems since Phil wont be here for more than 1-2 years

Lets say if Dwight does leave, he is going into a somewhat promising situation for 2013 (since Harden/Parsons gonna be better...Pau older + Kobe coming off injury) and by putting Phil's name in the mix it goes back to Jim Buss as the fault guy and not Dwight himself for leaving LA

I'm always in favor of the player who is a piece to a championship puzzle...I hate to say it but we gotta fire MDA and bring back Phil as a coach, not front office (Thats a whole another mess)

Why do you hate to say it? You should not be embarrassed about it at all! I'll say it for you if you would like!!

WE HAVE TO FIRE MDA

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#176 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,156 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Interesting off season looming.. Will spend time with d12 #stay and talk with the Buss family in hopes that Pau stays as well #my2cents

#177 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,417 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 20, 2013 - 05:18 PM

LOL @ DJ putting in his .02

He's lucky if he even gets to stay in LA after his piss poor playoff performance. I hope he likes being shopped this summer, because I'm sure CP3 isn't happy with his play.

#178 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted May 20, 2013 - 05:21 PM

Kobe doesn't want championships anymore

Pau Gasol is GONE

#179 Lakerace24

Lakerace24