#1621 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,536 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:02 PM

The Lakers have not done ANYTHING to convinced D12 that he should stay. The only thing they did was create that stupid banner outside of stable center and that to me was a huge mistake.   We all know what the Lakers need to do but we also all know the lakers will never do what they needed to do.

What can they do???  Aside from the issue of hiring MDA over Phil and the whole coaching issue there isn't much that could have been done.  Actually you tell me what the Lakers could have done???  And please mention realistic possibilities and measures that could have been taken to ensure Dwight to stay.  Last season was simply a injury plagued season and its that simple.

Edited by lakers1o1, June 27, 2013 - 12:07 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#1622 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,637 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:02 PM

Dwight's mouth piece has spoken...

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports 7m

Some of the stuff being written about Dwight is laughable at best.

https://twitter.com/...341187011481601

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, June 27, 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#1623 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:07 PM

What can they do???  Aside from the issue of hiring MDA over Phil and the whole coaching issue there isn't much that could have been done.  Actually you tell me what the Lakers could have done???  And please mention realistic possibilities and measure that could have been taken to ensure Dwight to stay.  Last season was simply a injury plagued season and its that simple.

they can let MDA go. Its that simple.  And dont tell me they cant because they dont want to pay three coaches blah blah blah. Or dont tell me they dont want to be the team that have three different coach in three different years and its not right blah blah blah.  When your star specifically said he doesnt want to play in that system and you totally ignored him, what will he think?  And if a player that is currently in your roster like a Pau gasol who specially said MDA sucks and you ignore him, is that a good thing?  It is clear as sky. MDA is the issue and we need to get rid of this cancer.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#1624 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:08 PM

MDI and Lakerace24. I will respond to MDI first and hopefully the other guy will realize. MDI everything you said about the whole shaq post was true. But my thought when I read your post was he's describing the same situation here but instead of the "shaq" in this situation being just dantoni, I think it could be Kobe and/or dantoni. Just my thought.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, June 27, 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#1625 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,399 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:10 PM

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#1626 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:12 PM

Here is the Lakers' plan if Dwight leaves: Keep Pau for final year of his deal. Use amnesty provision to ...
cut Metta and save $30 million in luxury-tax payments. Re-sign Earl Clark if reasonable, sign someone else on the cheap and/or plug in Meeks or Blake to the starting lineup that will have two vacancies without Dwight and Metta but still Pau. Jordan Hill is the only other frontcourt player under contract right now.

http://sulia.com/cha...?source=twitter

#1627 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,536 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:13 PM

they can let MDA go. Its that simple.  And dont tell me they cant because they dont want to pay three coaches blah blah blah. Or dont tell me they dont want to be the team that have three different coach in three different years and its not right blah blah blah.  When your star specifically said he doesnt want to play in that system and you totally ignored him, what will he think?  And if a player that is currently in your roster like a Pau gasol who specially said MDA sucks and you ignore him, is that a good thing?  It is clear as sky. MDA is the issue and we need to get rid of this cancer.

Thanks for mentioning the obvious... I said anything aside from the coaching issue....

Every Laker fan knows MDA is an issue.  So what are some other things aside from firing MDA that the Lakers could have done?

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#1628 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:15 PM

Also:

@Jay_Laker 7m
While I'm no fan of this whole free agency process but I will say this,we might not always agree on everything but knowing Dwight personally

@Jay_Laker 7m
He has no hatred or dislike for Lakers fans. even the ones who don't like him, all he's said is when I'm 100% they'll see.

@Jay_Laker 4m
I don't believe in holding people up in their wrongs, I don't think it's fair for fans to be dragged further into this whole process

@Jay_Laker 2m
He took a minute to address lakers nation and how he felt immediately following the lakers elimination, look it up if u wonder how he feels

@Jay_Laker 1m
Not sure who said what to whom, not trying to discredit anyone for their reports,  but the source is wrong.

@Jay_Laker 1m
Again, I'm no fan of this free agency period. Whatever happens happens, but the fans shouldn't be dragged into it it's not right

https://twitter.com/Jay_Laker

#1629 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for mentioning the obvious... I said anything aside from the coaching issue....

Every Laker fan knows MDA is an issue.  So what are some other things aside from firing MDA that the Lakers could have done?

Why do we even need to look at other things when the thing that Dwight want is to get rid of MDA?  We dont need to look anywhere else. Lakers dont need to do anything else because Dwight doesnt care abuot anything else. You said Lakers cant do anything and thats wrong. Lakers CAN do one thing and thats getting rid of the coach.   Not because a bunch of fans hate MDA or the media think MDA is the issue. It is because of the guy that you labeled as "your future" wants MDA gone. And that is enough to pull the trigger.   The bottom line is this. IF Dwight leave it is because the Lakers pick MDA over Dwight.  Lets hope Dwight just playing us like fools and stay.

Edited by epicwolf, June 27, 2013 - 12:18 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#1630 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:19 PM

The Lakers' plan if Dwight stays? Much different. Pau is all but a goner, most likely via amnesty provision to ...
save more than $60 million in luxury-tax payments. The oft-traveled path of trying to trade Pau remains in play if Dwight stays -- though a scenario that brings back some talent and doesn't cause payroll risks for the future is so far unknown. 

Metta, not Pau, gets to stay for the final season on his Lakers' contract. Earl Clark remains a candidate to return because Pau's power-forward spot would be open (though Metta playing more PF makes sense to me).

#1631 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,631 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:26 PM

Surprising on the amnestying Pau but I guess it is a ton of money saved. They must not think they can get anything for him/don't want to take on a contract.

#1632 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,536 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:26 PM

Why do we even need to look at other things when the thing that Dwight want is to get rid of MDA?  We dont need to look anywhere else. Lakers dont need to do anything else because Dwight doesnt care abuot anything else. You said Lakers cant do anything and thats wrong. Lakers CAN do one thing and thats getting rid of the coach.   Not because a bunch of fans hate MDA or the media think MDA is the issue. It is because of the guy that you labeled as "your future" wants MDA gone. And that is enough to pull the trigger.   The bottom line is this. IF Dwight leave it is because the Lakers pick MDA over Dwight.  Lets hope Dwight just playing us like fools and stay.

Exactly... thats why aside from MDA firing theres nothing the Lakers could have done.  Thats what I've been trying to say!!!

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#1633 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:27 PM

Then we are screwed!!

#1634 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:32 PM

It's a long shot that they get anything that will influence him, but the Lakers should still be shopping Pau to see if they can get some talent Dwight wants to play with. FA is no sure thing. I'm sure Dwight knows that. I think guaranteeing he'll be able to play with at least some talent in the future would be appealing to him.

Although I'm encouraged that Dwight is considering Dallas even though they don't have any future talent in place, it can't hurt the Lakers to explore what they can get for Pau.

Posted Image

#1635 SDLakersfan24

SDLakersfan24

Rookie

• 178 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Worthy

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:36 PM

It's a long shot that they get anything that will influence him, but the Lakers should still be shopping Pau to see if they can get some talent Dwight wants to play with. FA is no sure thing. I'm sure Dwight knows that. I think guaranteeing he'll be able to play with at least some talent in the future would be appealing to him.

Although I'm encouraged that Dwight is considering Dallas even though they don't have any future talent in place, it can't hurt the Lakers to explore what they can get for Pau.

I agree they need to shop pau

#1636 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,175 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:41 PM

There once was a Center named Howard
His time in Orlando had soured
He played for the Lakers
And garnered many haters
And now he's become a big coward

:laughing:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#1637 KingofKings2525

KingofKings2525

Rookie

• 34 posts
  • Fan Since:The day I was born.

Posted June 27, 2013 - 01:10 PM

It is very telling that Dwight hasn't commented on this at all.  Considering Broussard and his sources are the 2nd headline on ESPN.com.  If it were false, you would think he would at least comment on twitter that no decision has been made and that Lakers have just as good (or better) chance than anybody else.

#1638 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,536 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 01:14 PM

It is very telling that Dwight hasn't commented on this at all.  Considering Broussard and his sources are the 2nd headline on ESPN.com.  If it were false, you would think he would at least comment on twitter that no decision has been made and that Lakers have just as good (or better) chance than anybody else.

Why would he go out and mention anything on Twitter?  One thing an athlete should never do is make major statements and announcements over a social network.   Whether its to deny an accusation in relation to free agency its always best to keep quite.  The media can do anything and easily turn his words around no matter what he says anyways.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#1639 KingofKings2525

KingofKings2525

Rookie

• 34 posts
  • Fan Since:The day I was born.

Posted June 27, 2013 - 01:16 PM

Why would he go out and mention anything on Twitter?  One thing an athlete should never do is make major statements and announcements over a social network.   Whether its to deny an accusation in relation to free agency its always best to keep quite.  The media can do anything and easily turn his words around no matter what he says anyways.

Disagree.  He could easily come out and say no decision has been made and any "reports" about his free agency are just speculation.

#1640 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 27, 2013 - 01:20 PM

The Lakers have some of the most ungrateful and at the same time delirious and stupid fans on the planet.  It really upsets me when I see Laker fans saying they want dwight to leave and act as if he's a cancer towards the team.  For example on instagram yesterday when they posted the Dwight Billboard and poster stating STAY, alot of "fans" were just make stupid remarks and telling him to just leave...

Have you ever thought that some of those people may be fans of other teams PRETENDING to be Lakers fans...hoping to drive Dwight to, oh, say, HOUSTON, for example...

Not everything is as it seems...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users