#141 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,230 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 19, 2013 - 07:18 PM

If Houston ever gets brought up in appealing to Dwight, in regards to their roster, the only players who should be brought up are Harden, Parsons, and Robinson. I really don't see Lin as a difference maker and I lol'd when I saw Asik's name being thrown into the mix. Dwight can have it all if he stays in LA; money, security, lifestyle, and he'd probably be consulted on some personnel decisions too. Once '14 comes, he'll be leading a roster superior to what Houston could provide. And I didn't even mention the differences in the pedigrees of the two franchises. Of course we've all been saying this for quite some time though.

#142 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted May 19, 2013 - 07:19 PM

I don't see why Dallas would be a major option for him. I get Houston. But, Dallas isn't any better right now or in the future. They only have Dirk. And, Dirk taking a pay cut is the same year when the Lakers have all that cap space anyway.

Posted Image

• 40,395 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 09:02 PM

Have Chris Broussard and his multiple sources been active at all so far in these Dwight rumors?

yo.

#144 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,639 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 19, 2013 - 10:13 PM

D12's  FG% stat is a joke. Dude scores mostly dunks and needs to be spoon fed. What would you expect.

Anyway I think offensively challenged Big Men cannot be the franchise player in this league anymore.

If they accept their role (Lopez/Hibbert) then ok ... If they want the ball to come to them all the time on offense - then they will do more harm than good.

hating on a center for having a majority of his points from dunks and in the post is not going to make your argument stronger.  You'll just be seen as another hater :)

Hate on centers for dunking, I guess you'd rather he shoot 3s.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#145 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted May 19, 2013 - 10:34 PM

hating on a center for having a majority of his points from dunks and in the post is not going to make your argument stronger.  You'll just be seen as another hater :)

image.png

#146 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 19, 2013 - 11:11 PM

If this guy leaves Lakers land id be so pissed

Laker fan for life.

#147 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,639 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 11:51 PM

image.png

Dwight did

#148 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,603 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 20, 2013 - 02:57 AM

Dwight wouldn't say a word to anyone the whole season about FA. No one knows anything and may not ever. This offseason I will believe very little about what dwight is "thinking". He's not saying anything and especially to any reporters. 

#149 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,639 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:41 AM

Dwight wouldn't say a word to anyone the whole season about FA. No one knows anything and may not ever. This offseason I will believe very little about what dwight is "thinking". He's not saying anything and especially to any reporters. 

Actually Dwight said during the season he already knew who he was signing with.

he just wouldn't say who.

Remember when they asked him "Dwight, do you know where you're re-signing?"

Dwight said "Yeah."

They tried to get him to tell but he "wasn't there to talk about that."

Dwight knows where he wants to be, he's just gonna feel what its like to be a free agent for once. He deserved it.

#150 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 20, 2013 - 07:57 AM

Objectively, i think Dwight needs to see what his options are. Houston obviously is a good choice and perhaps Dallas could be as well, depending on when and who they're targeting. 

IMO, i think the safest bet in the long run would be LA, who can and will spend whatever is needed to win. 

#151 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,166 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:19 AM

I feel if Dwight leaves.... It wouldn't be MdA.fault.. I would blame Jim...
Posted Image

#152 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:24 AM

Thought it would be the coach or me rumors coming out first but.....

Re: @stephenasmith saying D12 would like to see Jeanie take over for Jim, many on outside have called for that...this is a 1st from INSIDE.

#153 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:28 AM

Thought it would be the coach or me rumors coming out first but.....

Stephen A is well connected but he's also bashed Jim buss too much for me to take anything he says on the subject as credible or unbiased.

Sometimes it seems like smith wants Jim buss gone and hates Jim more than the players he's reporting about
Posted Image

#154 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:28 AM

Stephen A is well connected but he's also bashed Jim buss too much for me to take anything he says on the subject as credible or unbiased.

Sometimes it seems like smith wants Jim buss gone and hates Jim more than the players he's reporting about

Could very well be. Just passing the info along. 

#155 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,931 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Stephen A from the 43 min mark

Sense of what will happen with Dwight Howard?

Dwight Howard could very well leave for Houston. I'm not saying it's going to happen. LA is still confident they will be able to keep him but there is a lot of stuff going on in LA right now. Dwight could elect to leave for Houston because what he would do is, everyone has made a big deal about he could sign for 5 years 118 mil with LA or with another team for 4 years 88 mil. What people forget to take into consideration is, you can go to a Houston, sign a 3 year deal and then re-up for the max and you basically will end up not losing as much money as everybody thought. Not only that, in Houston, the state of Texas, no state income tax. You're saving money that way as well.

How much is the back a concern?

Not much. He played through it last year, he'll be better this year. To me, just my opinion, I believe in order for Dwight to be definitive about staying with LA, Jim Buss needs to move aside, Jeanie needs to take over the Lakers period. ... From what I'm told, Jeanie handles business. If she takes over, Phil is coming back, D'Antoni is gone and Dwight stays. If that isn't the case, it's up for grabs as to what will happen. 50/50 proposition whether he stays or goes. Phil Jackson is still apart of the Lakers equation. That door isn't closed.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#156 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,931 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 09:46 AM

Stephen A has fallen off a bit with his sources in recent years...he correctly predicted the 3 clowns teaming up in Miami and the Chris Paul/Dwight Howard package trade to Lakers before Stern vetoed one of them. But hes been pretty off since.  He was 100% sure that Kobe would ask out in DEC 2011, he said Pau Gasol would be traded around the 2012 trade deadline, he said Dwight wont be back till Jan/Feb, he said Dwight wants out and Lakers are probably looking to trade him in 2013 trade deadline and now this...I think Kobe, Dwight, Lakers have pretty much shielded him from any info and he's just speculating out of control now

Edited by MDI, May 20, 2013 - 09:49 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#157 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,651 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted May 20, 2013 - 11:51 AM

Steve Nash tells Jay Mohr, "Yes, no question" Dwight Howard will return next season as a LA Lakers. LISTEN: http://bit.ly/10IsLhx 

#158 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,743 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 11:52 AM

No.  But hyping up the FG% of someone who mainly dunks for points is silly.

If D12 develops more offensive moves .. then he will be a lot more valuable.

But other than the running hook shot (without which his FG% will be 100%) .. his contributions on offense are limited.

That is acceptable .. if he can focus on defense .. and accept his limited role on offense.

#159 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,639 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 01:12 PM

No.  But hyping up the FG% of someone who mainly dunks for points is silly.

If D12 develops more offensive moves .. then he will be a lot more valuable.

But other than the running hook shot (without which his FG% will be 100%) .. his contributions on offense are limited.

That is acceptable .. if he can focus on defense .. and accept his limited role on offense.

He's also double and triple teamed.

If he didn't have an offensive game or was worthy of being feared in the post then he wouldn't draw double and triple teams every night and scoring 61% from the field when an entire defense is keyed around you shouldn't be scoffed at.

#160 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,064 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted May 20, 2013 - 01:26 PM

He's pretty average offensively. He has not developed an offensive skillset and other than dunks...it's downright disgusting watching him with the ball.

Other than money, I see no reason for him to return.

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users