7079 replies to this topic

#1141 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,593 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:49 PM

But why risk losing Dwight by keeping MDA around. I dont [expletive]ing get it. 

Hire Phil, tell Dwight that he's the man going forward and that we're going for LBJ next season. That should seal the deal and at the same time, it's probably the best approach if we're going to win. 

With Phil and Dwight and a couple of smart off-season signings, i wont even rule it out that they can win it next year. 

#1142 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 2,431 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 18, 2013 - 10:04 PM

I look at Huoston and I'm just not impressed... After Harden and Parsons, what so special? Mchale? I'd give anybody that but after those two players, whats so special? Terrence Jones? Royce White? Thomas Robinson? Lin isn't what he was after leaving New York, Harden vanishes in the playoffs and Asik..... I got nothing on this dude. Dwight is better off staying and dealing with this coach who adjusted after Kobe told him off which allowed the Lakers to have a nice season conclusion until Kobe got injured... And that's with and injured Nash, Hill and Blake missing for the better part of the season. Ijs

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, June 18, 2013 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image

• 38,919 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 11:04 PM

You are not alone my friend, you are not alone.

yo.

#1144 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,946 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Young

Posted June 18, 2013 - 11:18 PM

I look at Huoston and I'm just not impressed... After Harden and Parsons, what so special? Mchale? I'd give anybody that but after those two players, whats so special? Terrence Jones? Royce White? Thomas Robinson? Lin isn't what he was after leaving New York, Harden vanishes in the playoffs and Asik..... I got nothing on this dude. Dwight is better off staying and dealing with this coach who adjusted after Kobe told him off which allowed the Lakers to have a nice season conclusion until Kobe got injured... And that's with and injured Nash, Hill and Blake missing for the better part of the season. Ijs

They ain't winning a title with-without Dwight. 

CHAD.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#1145 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,468 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:46 AM

They ain't winning a title with-without Dwight. 

They know that too.

Notice they are trying to get rid of people but remember we thought that was all to pay Dwight?

Now it appears they'd rather spend that money on Chris Paul and acquire Dwight in a S&T that says a lot about them.

Maybe Dwight isn't their FIRST choice after all..

But the Rockets know that just one or the other wouldn't be enough that's why they are trying to pair Chris Paul and Dwight Howard.

They know that just Chris Paul or just Dwight Howard wouldn't be enough with all the depth they'd have to cut.

But apparently they seem more willing to go forward in terms of what to "pay" for with Chris Paul/Harden/Asik than they would for Lin/Harden/Howard

that speaks volumes imo.

Edited by Majesty, June 19, 2013 - 12:47 AM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#1146 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,593 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 19, 2013 - 06:20 AM

Houston only have Harden, who is "special", but they have a lot of very cheap and very productive role-players and a lot of cap-room. Lin, Robinson, Asik, Motiejunas, Smith and Patrick Beverly are all solid roleplayers on cheap or moveable deals and all can fit their system.

If they miss out on Dwight, they could sign Paul Millsap AND Igoudala. 

#1147 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,643 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 19, 2013 - 07:19 AM

Lakers gave up Peeler & Lynch for a draft pick to make room for Shaq.  Also traded away Vlade for a 17-year old who could not really be counted on to contribute in year 1.

While Shaq is much better than Dwight, the effects of losing Peeler & Lynch were felt throughout the first season, and to an extent, the Lakers lacked the kind of scrappy players they needed until Phil came in and got some vets (AC Green, Jon Salley, Ron Harper) to do a lot of the necessary dirty work.

The Rockets will miss some things if they acquire Dwight.  But, they can bring in talent to replace these guys.  It almost always happens when these types of moves are made.

Miami traded away Odom, Butler, and Grant to get Shaq.   They missed different things those guys brought to the table; however, because they had Shaq + Wade, it was easier for them to fill out the roster.   Plus, role players have a tendency to improve when they are playing alongside more stars.

For Houston, this is absolutely the right move.  For now, and for the next few years.    But it isn't necessarily the best move for Dwight. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1148 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 2,431 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 08:18 AM

Maybe that's how I see it too UKUGA... it does not seem like a good move for Dwight, but great for huoston, who be in cap help with those back loaded contracts in Lin and Asik. Hardin will be making 15 to 17 mill. Add Howard and you got another, what? 15-18 mill on the books... I'm not hating, if I could l, I would too. Ins though
Posted Image

#1149 Nightmare

Nightmare

Rookie

• 35 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:45 AM

Lakers gave up Peeler & Lynch for a draft pick to make room for Shaq.  Also traded away Vlade for a 17-year old who could not really be counted on to contribute in year 1.

While Shaq is much better than Dwight, the effects of losing Peeler & Lynch were felt throughout the first season, and to an extent, the Lakers lacked the kind of scrappy players they needed until Phil came in and got some vets (AC Green, Jon Salley, Ron Harper) to do a lot of the necessary dirty work.

The Rockets will miss some things if they acquire Dwight.  But, they can bring in talent to replace these guys.  It almost always happens when these types of moves are made.

Miami traded away Odom, Butler, and Grant to get Shaq.   They missed different things those guys brought to the table; however, because they had Shaq + Wade, it was easier for them to fill out the roster.   Plus, role players have a tendency to improve when they are playing alongside more stars.

For Houston, this is absolutely the right move.  For now, and for the next few years.    But it isn't necessarily the best move for Dwight. 

Yes, completely agreed.

Saying Houston would be screwed and will not win a chip if they acquired Howard and lost depth is wrong. Maybe in the first year but they'd have a great future going forward. 

#1150 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,946 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 01:34 PM

Quote: Dwight doesn’t really want to go to Houston, he doesn’t want to leave L.A. He loves being in L.A. What the Lakers’ front office does, or may not do, may be a contributing factor in his decision, but end of the day think Dwight probably stays.

Stole this from LG.   This info is from Woj.

Edited by Chad, June 19, 2013 - 01:37 PM.

CHAD.jpg

#1151 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,468 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 01:49 PM

Like it's been said.

Stephen A Smith said that Dwight told him he "Has the right to be sure"

When Dwight said this you knew instantly that he wanted to stay on the Lakers.

he just wants to know that the front office plans and his plans match.   Pretty simple.    It's the one thing that's come from Dwight's mouth about his free agency that actually revealed something and that spoke volumes.

#1152 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 19, 2013 - 01:56 PM

=

One word  "EGO" 

The Lakers front office realized they made a mistake by hiring the most over rated coach of all time. So to save face, they will stick with him no matter what until the Lakers end up having a losing streak and the Lakers can finally get rid of him.  If the Lakers get rid of him.  Jim Buss and even Mitch Kupchak will NEVER admit what they did was wrong. And even if it was Dr BUss idea to bring in MDA, even he will never admits he was wrong. That is how the Lakers are. They have an ego. It is not a bad thing because a franchise with that big of an ego can handle great superstars. However, sometimes it can cause a couple of years into mediocrity with it also. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#1153 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 19, 2013 - 02:05 PM

Like it's been said.

Stephen A Smith said that Dwight told him he "Has the right to be sure"

When Dwight said this you knew instantly that he wanted to stay on the Lakers.

he just wants to know that the front office plans and his plans match.   Pretty simple.    It's the one thing that's come from Dwight's mouth about his free agency that actually revealed something and that spoke volumes.

He doesn't want to stay on the lakers just because he said this. He wants to stay in LA. There's a different. He is a smart guy and he knows that the Lakers IS the best NBA franchise. But we all know that the ONLY reason why he think elsewhere is because of MDA. It is well documented. He said it time and time again. And even if he doesn't go up to Mitch and gave him an ultimatum, only a fool will not realized what he really wants. He wants MDA to be gone.  then all of a sudden he got a booty call from CP3 giving him example of how he can stay in LA without playing for the worst coach in the NBA.  This is when he will give the Lakers an ultimatum.  He knows the lakers wont get rid of MDA so he will tell the lakers eaither trade me to the Clippers or I'll go with my bff to Atlanta or play with the asian sensation in Htown. 

This is why it is taking this long.  All this bs about him "being a free agent experienced" and cant make up his mind crap is all smoke and mirrors. He knows where he wants to go. He know what it needs to be done. The Lakers with their EGO will never do it and ladies and gents, welcome to the Mike D Antoni Era. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#1154 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,468 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 02:10 PM

He doesn't want to stay on the lakers just because he said this. He wants to stay in LA. There's a different. He is a smart guy and he knows that the Lakers IS the best NBA franchise. But we all know that the ONLY reason why he think elsewhere is because of MDA. It is well documented. He said it time and time again. And even if he doesn't go up to Mitch and gave him an ultimatum, only a fool will not realized what he really wants. He wants MDA to be gone.  then all of a sudden he got a booty call from CP3 giving him example of how he can stay in LA without playing for the worst coach in the NBA.  This is when he will give the Lakers an ultimatum.  He knows the lakers wont get rid of MDA so he will tell the lakers eaither trade me to the Clippers or I'll go with my bff to Atlanta or play with the asian sensation in Htown. 

This is why it is taking this long.  All this bs about him "being a free agent experienced" and cant make up his mind crap is all smoke and mirrors. He knows where he wants to go. He know what it needs to be done. The Lakers with their EGO will never do it and ladies and gents, welcome to the Mike D Antoni Era. 

wtf-face.gif

#1155 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 2,431 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 02:29 PM

10000% correct epic... The Lakers FO will never admit they a mistake. They were singing Mike B praise until he got.chop. and they still were the politically correct thing. Lol

It's funny and sad at the same time
Posted Image

#1156 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,946 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 02:41 PM

I think I got trolled.  :help: Everyone on LG was acting like it was real, but I couldn't find the podcast. I was to giddy to verify.  :facepalm:

Oh well, we got that Epic post by Epicwolf. All was not lost.  That booty call from CP3 though. :yeahright: I didn't know Dwight got down like that.

CHAD.jpg

• 38,919 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 04:26 PM

So then to clarify, this is false?

yo.

#1158 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 4,470 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:56 PM

This thread grows by the day and these news reports are pouring in daily.

I haven't read any of them.

Fact of the matter is its almost July 1 and by then we will have some legitimate news coming out of Dwight's camp.

Not paying attention to anything said before then. Not after last summer.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#1159 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,468 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:44 PM

123a29d2bfeb11e2a7d422000a9e0846_7.jpg

look at the pants.

#1160 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,468 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:48 PM

also Dwight Howard doing Hollywood audition funny videos

Enjoy

Also... something about the way that dude said "I'm coming for you Ricky Bobby" made me go.. :whatthe:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users