• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7079 replies to this topic

#1121 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:29 PM

You play hardball with him. That is what you do.

If this Celtics-Clippers trade goes down, Chris Paul is likely to re-sign with the Clippers. Immediately, Atlanta is not an option for Dwight if Paul re-signs with the Clippers. Who's next, the Mavericks? What do they have? An aging Dirk? Cross out Dallas off the list. Houston? Ok. They are are only competition. But we can offer more money and Dwight loves Hollywood.

He can request a sign-and-trade all he wants, but if you are the Lakers, just play hardball with him. He cannot outright sign with the Clippers. They are not financially fit to sign him. He has to where to go. Lakers are going to be his only good option. 

Of course you play hard ball.  That's what you have to do at first. 

I'm not saying Dwight requests a trade to the Clippers, I'm saying he tells the Lakers he will not re-sign with them.  Which at that point, what do you do if you have that offer on the table and he is definitely not going to re-sign? 

If Lakers don't sign and trade Dwight or re-sign him for themselves, he's walking to Houston. No doubt in my mind.  No other team, just Houston. 

Those are the three options, but if one of those options are not going to happen (him re-signing here), as a GM & Owner you NEED to explore all possibilities. 

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Here's the thing, I don't blame him based on the current situation. It's not a positive for him. 

BUT Dwight Howard still has not shown me that he respects what the Los Angeles Lakers organization is all about.  This is where big men DREAM of playing because of the history.  Players come here, they don't run away because of a situation. Players become legends here. 

Regardless of the reason, if he doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him here.

Well I'm just of the opinion of being more upset at the organization for sticking with MDA than being upset with Dwight. I personally don't blame him.

yo.

#1123 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:31 PM

It's nice to see you've come around.. almost.

IF something like that goes down I'm still not keeping Griffin, maybe not even Crawford. I'd keep Bledsoe though. Griffin could fetch a good haul in a trade. High draft picks, young prospects, even a quality starter on a good contract. I wouldn't acquire players to accommodate MD and his system. Even if he lasts the season, he's just a band aid, his days are numbered.

I'd keep Bledsoe and the draft picks, I'd trade everyone else. Griffin and Crawford would fetch a pretty penny.

If Griffin nets you something really nice, I would definitely flip him.  I just don't know what he realistically gets you that gives you a franchise player. 

#1124 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:57 PM

I've said this before (or some semblance to it) but this all begins and ends with Michael D'Antoni. You keep D'Antoni then what incentive does DH have to remain in LA other than living in a nice city?

Let's say you trade DH for some decent pieces. Ok, but is D'Antoni still the head coach? Because if he is, then those pieces we would acquire are pointless.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1125 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,237 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 17, 2013 - 10:21 PM

Metta World Peace joined Sportsradio 610 for an entertaining interview that touched upon the topic of Dwight Howard's upcoming free agency. When asked about the Lakers center who is about to be a free agent, World Peace said, "Well, he's not going to Houston, I tell you that. You know how those horses have those little things, ties in a bullfight, you tie those things to their b---- and they go crazy? I've got two of those tied to Dwight Howard's t--------, so he can't move." CSN Houston

dean-what-gif.gif

#1126 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 17, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Metta World Peace joined Sportsradio 610 for an entertaining interview that touched upon the topic of Dwight Howard's upcoming free agency. When asked about the Lakers center who is about to be a free agent, World Peace said, "Well, he's not going to Houston, I tell you that. You know how those horses have those little things, ties in a bullfight, you tie those things to their b---- and they go crazy? I've got two of those tied to Dwight Howard's t--------, so he can't move." CSN Houston

dean-what-gif.gif

119304049.jpg

Edited by Majesty, June 17, 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1127 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,698 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 10:48 PM

What the hell, MWP..

MMiRi9s.png

#1128 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,820 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 18, 2013 - 12:26 AM

Never change,Ron,never!

Impossible is nothing.

#1129 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,850 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 01:41 AM

I dont want to part with Dwight, centers and point guards are easier to build around and find pieces to complement them. No reason for Howard to leave unless he simply doesnt want to play with the LAkers..

I'd pass on Griffin any day in the calendar, he excels in dunks and thats about it, besides Lakers play in a much slower pace than he can operate. Not sure if Howard , Blake(example) for Rondo and a contract would work or not...

Howard is too valuable to not have a Rondo like in return..

However,, I'm still convinced Howard is staying. ..

#1130 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 01:52 AM

Just saw on NBA TV that Houston Chronicle reports that the Rockets aren't picking up team options on

Garcia
Delfino
and
Brooks

And so the eviscerating of their depth begins :) 

It's gonna really bite them in the rear end of Dwight doesn't go there.

#1131 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 18, 2013 - 03:10 AM

Just saw on NBA TV that Houston Chronicle reports that the Rockets aren't picking up team options on

Garcia
Delfino
and
Brooks

And so the eviscerating of their depth begins :) 

It's gonna really bite them in the rear end of Dwight doesn't go there.

That's 3 guys we could use....

#1132 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 03:18 AM

That's 3 guys we could use....

You are correct.

And actually both Garcia and Delfino are on the Lakers radar for vets min ;) 

Amazing how things work out isn't it?

Oh wow.. if we steal their depth and keep Dwight while they basically let go of their entire team trying to lure Dwight there that would be....

wow ... :bounce:

If I were them I wouldn't have let go of all that depth before Dwight even makes his decision.

Especially knowing Garcia and Delfino are on the Lakers radar for vets min... 

But they did.  So let's see how we play our hand now.

Edited by Majesty, June 18, 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#1133 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 05:13 AM

I think those guys were gone regardless. Houston is in a pretty good spot. They hope to get Dwight, but if not, they'll probably sign Millsap or Josh Smith as well as a solid mid-level guy.

#1134 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:44 AM

I dont want to part with Dwight, centers and point guards are easier to build around and find pieces to complement them. No reason for Howard to leave unless he simply doesnt want to play with the LAkers..

I'd pass on Griffin any day in the calendar, he excels in dunks and thats about it, besides Lakers play in a much slower pace than he can operate. Not sure if Howard , Blake(example) for Rondo and a contract would work or not...

Howard is too valuable to not have a Rondo like in return..

However,, I'm still convinced Howard is staying. ..

Why are you so convinced that Dwight is staying? There is no reason why Dwight should stay unless he just wnt to save face. That is the only reason why I think Dwight should stay is to save face.  I mean look at what the Lakers have.  A dead beat coach who doesn't klnow how to use superstars correctly, an uncertain future. And we dont know how Kobe will be like when he gets back. And we dont know if the Lakers willing to keep Kobe after next season or not.  Pau Gasol wants out.  Meta world Piece will be amnestied. 100 year old steve Nash probably won't play the full season.  And a bench mob that consist of two guys since the coach we having doesn't want to use all 12 players in his roster because he is a retard. 

So tell me, why would Dwight wants to stay?  Most money you say?  Last I check D12 aint strap for cash and he can get a better deal else where with another max contract after the 4 year deal.  Lakers legacy?  It has already been discussed, the young players now a days don't care about a franchise legacy.   Better chance of winning? We all know thats not true.   I just don't see how D12 should stay. Only thing I can think of is saving face because if he do leave, his image might be tarnish a little.  But to be honest, I rather have my image tarnished a little than playing for MDA thats for sure.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#1135 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,601 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Playing for MDA will tarnish your image all by itself.

He's that bad a coach.

#1136 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 08:58 PM

So it seems the whole Clipper-Celtic-nausea is over - without any people being moved. Does this mean that the Howard for Bledsoe and Griffin is off the table?

#1137 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:06 PM

So it seems the whole Clipper-Celtic-nausea is over - without any people being moved. Does this mean that the Howard for Bledsoe and Griffin is off the table?

I'd assume not if they want to pair Dwight w/ CP3

#1138 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:09 PM

My question is if CP3 told the Clippers he wanted to leave is there the possibility(Before July 1st) for a sign and trade that sends Chris Paul here?  

Likely not .

if Chris Paul said "I want out of the Clippers"

I don't think we could go to Sterling and go

We'll give you Gasol, Blake,Metta, and Duhon for Chris Paul and no draft picks. 

And that they'd go for it.     They'd probably rather just lose Chris Paul.

Would be nice but I doubt the Clippers take it..

And I say that hoping that it jinxes it and they do :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, June 18, 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#1139 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:25 PM

Forget that it's mathematically impossible (almost), the Clippers would never trade CP3 to the Lakers (for Pau??), regardless of what he says. I think they will hate it if he leaves, but then they would probably try to sign another top FA this summer and keep Bledsoe at the 1. 

What i do not like to see, is for the clippers to have cap space in 2014, which is why i think the Boston thing was a pretty good move. The thought of LBJ signing with CP3 and Dwight makes me wanna gag. 

I think pretty soon it's time for the Lakers to start making some moves regarding Dwight. Sign Stephen Jackson and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute - guys Dwight earlier have expressed interest in getting. Have a sit-down with the guy and tell him what he wants to hear - i.e. to stick around for a LBJ signing in 2014. [expletive]ING DO SOMETHING!!! 

#1140 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,850 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Why are you so convinced that Dwight is staying? There is no reason why Dwight should stay unless he just wnt to save face. That is the only reason why I think Dwight should stay is to save face.  I mean look at what the Lakers have.  A dead beat coach who doesn't klnow how to use superstars correctly, an uncertain future. And we dont know how Kobe will be like when he gets back. And we dont know if the Lakers willing to keep Kobe after next season or not.  Pau Gasol wants out.  Meta world Piece will be amnestied. 100 year old steve Nash probably won't play the full season.  And a bench mob that consist of two guys since the coach we having doesn't want to use all 12 players in his roster because he is a retard. 

So tell me, why would Dwight wants to stay?  Most money you say?  Last I check D12 aint strap for cash and he can get a better deal else where with another max contract after the 4 year deal.  Lakers legacy?  It has already been discussed, the young players now a days don't care about a franchise legacy.   Better chance of winning? We all know thats not true.   I just don't see how D12 should stay. Only thing I can think of is saving face because if he do leave, his image might be tarnish a little.  But to be honest, I rather have my image tarnished a little than playing for MDA thats for sure.

Ok, first Lakers are not favoring MDA over him. As soon as Howard demands a change in coaching, Lakers will move him out, and especially that there are few quality coaches out there.. If Mike stays, unfortunately, that doesnt mean his running his system. Mitch mentioned that MDA changed his style to maximize his players strength and therefore, he would continue to do so. Kobe also mentioned they have found the rhythm and the identity they need to play in next year. Next year cant be any worse than last year, despite kobe's injury..

Cap space for next year will help the team alot if it played out right, you can build your team around Howard. Kobe if healthy will contribute and you can add a star or two to the team..

Thats what you have to sell to dwight, besides, neither Rockets or Dallas have a big step over Lakers in terms of winning.. Unless Howard goes to Miami or Oklahoma the disparity between those teams and the Lakers aren't a decision maker..

Yes, you'd have Harden and maybe Parsons, but thats about it. They're not picking up Garcia and Delfino's option. As i learned, the rockets will have less cap space to sign another sufficient player..

You still have the city and the money as a selling point..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users