7079 replies to this topic

#1061 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,445 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 16, 2013 - 01:19 PM

Unless Dwight is on this team the 2014 FA period isn't something fans need to be excited about.  Outside of Lebron there isnt a free agent specifically a max or star talent you want that will be available.  Lebron is probably going to opt out and resign in Miami for the same exact reasons we assume Dwight will stay with LA.  More money and trust in the front office's vision. 

Not saying Lakers shouldn't plan on 2014 and Lebron possibly considering LA but no way that is something you lean on as a front office or even as fans.  If Dwight doesn't resign this team is going to mediocre for a good number of years until they can collect new assets and good draft picks.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1062 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 876 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 16, 2013 - 02:00 PM

The Lakers FO would possibly consider a S&T for Dwight with the Clippers because they would have the leverage. At the end of the day we can ask for as much as we want if they covet Dwight so bad. Remember the Clippers have to entice CP3 to stay. CP3 may say to their FO get Dwight here by any means or i walk to Houston or elsewhere.

If the Clippers arent willing to comply to our trade demands it's no big deal for us. We say fine we will let him walk for nothing. This is our back up plan anyway and we cut a ton of salary as well. However Dwight is really our only good trade piece besides Pau. We have a few options to net us something in return for losing Dwight so no harm in seeing what we could get for him.

If it ain't a possibility for Pierce and Garnett to go to the Clippers, then I could live with a S&T that teams Dwight and CP3 up. I'm a fan of Griffin but only for his highlight plays, not of his
overall game. However Griffin could be a good trade chip either now or at the trade deadline to a lottery team next year for their 2014 pick. If we can get back expirings for him then he could be our key to a high draft pick in 2014. Griffin is
enticing to a Charlotte or Orlando because he gives them a marquee player. The only way they get these sort of players is through trades or drafts. However draft players can be busts were as Griffin is already a All Star. Also Griffin could
be used to aquire us another star player who wants out or their team wants them gone.

In saying all this a lot would have to happen to make this possible. It's is good to know that there are some possibilities Dwight could be useful to us in a S&T. However I still believe the Lakers will try as hard as they can to retain Dwight and will only consider these options when they no for certain he is leaving.

#1063 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,269 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 07:23 PM

S&T for LeBron. Get it done Mitch.

Go Spurs.

Edited by Chad, June 16, 2013 - 07:23 PM.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#1064 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 388 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'll just be glad when all this ish is over and done with.. Every report is pure fodder imo at this point anyway.

#1065 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,915 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:28 PM

Lakers Rumors: Houston Rockets to Offer Asik and Lin for Dwight Howard

According to ESPN, Houston will offer a sign-and-trade to the Lakers which will ship Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin to Los Angeles in exchange for Howard. As a result, the Rockets will be able to go after Chris Paul and put him alongside Howard and James Harden.
More here: http://www.lakersnat...ard/2013/06/16/

lol... no.

Edited by Majesty, June 16, 2013 - 08:28 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1066 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'm not going to list the players that we would be able to get for Griffin, because its simply too long with multiple combinations of players as well. Griffin holds tremendous trade value because he's a young, exciting player; someone that small market teams absolutely covet to fill seats and someone the Lakers don't need because we don't have a need to fill seats.

We would be able to find trade suitors for Griffin in a heartbeat, if that's what it came to.

Can you give me one example since there is,so many

#1067 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:31 PM

1st overall pick in 2014 draft, and that's only if Andrew Wiggins is in it. Other than that, no deal.

That's not possible how do we assume which team gets the first pick

#1068 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,265 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:32 PM

tumblr_lws3f5g37j1qh4qwy.gif

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#1069 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,742 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Lakers Rumors: Houston Rockets to Offer Asik and Lin for Dwight Howard

According to ESPN, Houston will offer a sign-and-trade to the Lakers which will ship Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin to Los Angeles in exchange for Howard. As a result, the Rockets will be able to go after Chris Paul and put him alongside Howard and James Harden.
More here: http://www.lakersnat...ard/2013/06/16/

:facepalm: I would rather accept Griffin + Bledsoe

33bkfif.jpg

#1070 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,269 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:41 PM

lol... no.

Hah, Dwight can just walk.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#1071 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,478 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'd rather have cap room than asik and lin. Both contracts are ridiculous. 

#1072 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,915 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hah, Dwight can just walk.

to a Rockets team without any depth and no CBA space left over in the western conference where 5 teams will be deeper than them for 30 million less to become a first round exit?

If he decides to walk into that than more power to him.   We'll have the money for two max contracts in 2014 then

#1073 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,395 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:05 PM

lol... no.

:laughing:

MMiRi9s.png

#1074 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,026 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:07 PM

That's not possible how do we assume which team gets the first pick

Umm, hello? Apparently you forgot that the team that also signs LeBron also gets David Stern :thumbup:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#1075 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,766 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Linsinaty in LA?!? god no. Overpaid Asik? hell no. Neither of these guys are above average players and in turn make a boat load of money.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#1076 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,473 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:26 PM

Now ESPN is just making stuff up. Why would we accept that when we won't accept Griffin and Bledsoe...? God damn

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#1077 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,429 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:26 PM

That's such a terrible trade lol. I'd rather Dwight walk then take those two back. I like Asik but his contract is awful and Lin is a bum and his contract is awful.

No bueno.

#1078 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,199 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:39 PM

Can you give me one example since there is,so many

Don't be dense. Griffin is set to make $16.5 million next season. Are you telling me that you cannot grasp the concept that there are teams out there willing to trade for him? His 16.5 million allows for multiple moving parts in a trade. We're talking young prospects, expiring contracts, draft picks, even players that are making around the same as Blake such as Kevin Love. Lots of possibilities with trading a player like Griffin. I'm not sure why you're having trouble with that.

#1079 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,915 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:40 PM

You know it's sort of amazing what a difference a year makes.

Just last year if I remember it right a lot of people here were hating our front office for not getting or having Jeremy Lin(during Linsanity).

But then again there is a HUGE difference between having Jeremy Lin..and giving up Dwight Howard for him :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, June 16, 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#1080 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,199 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:41 PM

You know it's sort of amazing what a difference a year makes.

Just last year if I remember it right a lot of people here were hating our front office for not getting or having Jeremy Lin(during Linsanity).

But then again there is a HUGE difference between having Jeremy Lin..and giving up Dwight Howard for him :laughing:

Lin for cheap? Why not. Lin for what he's making now? Hell no.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users