Dwightmare 2.0 Will he sign? Superman You cant leave us Dont do us dirty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7079 replies to this topic

#981 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,100 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 03:00 PM

You only trade Dwight for Blake and Bledsoe if Dwight actually comes and tells you he's ready to take an offer from Houston

At that point you maybe consider it. Otherwise no. Dwight is better than griffin, Bledsoe and Jordan put together
Posted Image

#982 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,923 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 15, 2013 - 03:06 PM

It's funny, right now, Blake G. is a bigger star than Dwight.  But, that's because he's had the full L.A. effect for 4 years now.

Bledsoe is very good, and would be our best point guard.  He's the type of player that you see other teams get and always question, "Why don't the Lakers ever get a PG like that?"   (Technically, Nash is better right now, but maybe not really.  Give Bledsoe time to work with Nash, and he should improve considerably).

We still don't know the story on Dwight's back.  If he is going to heal, then no, don't trade him, because he returns to top-3 status by next season if he's healthy.

If we know something about his back, then I think you consider adding the star power of Blake along with Bledsoe, as it addresses multiple needs.  However, as noted, it creates an interior defensive need.  We would be more fun to watch, but we are still likely a first-round play-off ouster.

And on top of all of this - we all know that the Lakers should have had CP3 and Dwight.  That, in and of itself, makes it almost impossible that the Lakers would hand that pairing over to the Clips.

No, let the Clips trade some of their youth and athleticism for an old Garnett and an old Pierce.   In the end, I think it has a good chance to backfire on them. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#983 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,121 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 03:06 PM

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner

An NBA executive said the Lakers will either, A, sign Dwight Howard, or B, let him walk if he wants and have ample cap space next summer.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#984 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,087 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 15, 2013 - 03:09 PM

this whole last couple of hours has got me confused 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#985 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 15, 2013 - 03:23 PM

Cp3, kg, pierce and Howard is a really good like up... Very scary if they could pull something like that off....

Dwightmare has officially started again hahaha... But yeh I like Lakers stance. You want to walk go walk we ain't caving in to anyone's [expletive]...
Laker fan for life.

#986 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted June 15, 2013 - 03:40 PM

Well those Clipper and Celtic talks died fast lol

Posted Image

#987 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,087 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:03 PM

How much dialogue have the Lakers had with Dwight and his representatives since exit interviews in May? "A LOT," texted a league source

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#988 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:07 PM

Hope that means that's a good sign with Dwight coming back to LA.

Posted Image

#989 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,121 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:34 PM

I thought we could not talk to him until July 1st?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#990 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,685 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:55 PM

No, Dwight talks with Mitch whenever he's at the Lakers facility working on his game.

Mitch has confirmed this, but as Mitch said

"We have dialogue...we just can't NEGOTIATE till July 1st" 

Mitch is pretty awesome with words :D

Edited by Majesty, June 15, 2013 - 04:55 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#991 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,923 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner
An NBA executive said the Lakers will either, A, sign Dwight Howard, or B, let him walk if he wants and have ample cap space next summer.

Indicates Lakers believe they can get better talent with cap space than B . Griffin.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#992 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,923 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:57 PM

Lakers pay his salary until June 30. They can talk to him whenever they want.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#993 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,314 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

He is still a Lakers player. I'm pretty sure that only applies to other teams.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#994 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

The one thing the Lakers have leverage on is if Dwight wants to team up with CP3. Unless they want to team up so badly they go to Atlanta the only other way is through the Lakers playing a part. If it's at Houston then we would have to take players back in a S&T so they could afford to sign CP3. I believe the only way the Lakers would ever agree to that is if Harden is involved. Even then I think it's not guaranteed they do it. If he wants Houston so bad our FO say well you can have that but where not helping you form a big 3 with Harden and CP3. While it is possible they sign Dwight and then look to trade Asik, Lin and Robinson all for draft picks and take no money back, that will very tough to do. As for the Clippers situation Mitch and our FO know what there up to. They want to try and put a super team together there. If the Clippers can somehow do this deal with the Celtics without dealing Bledsoe or Griffin then their coming after Dwight. However the Lakers hold the key again as it can't happen unless they S&T Dwight. While a Griffin, Bledsoe deal is probably the best S&T the Lakers will most likely get, the problem is you also help your same city rival become a powerhouse. If they are able to get KG and Rivers they are better already. Pierce probably gets bought out and signs with Clippers as well. So Dwight then will look for a S&T with the Clippers. While I'm not against the trade, the problem is what it creates for the Clippers. If the Clippers weren't possibly getting Garnett, Pierce and Doc then they may not be opposed to it. However a team of Dwight, Garnett, Pierce and CP3 is no joke. While the two old guys are not the stars they once were, the would just need to be role players on the team with D12 and CP3 in there prime still. If you are the Lakers you dont let this happen. You tell Dwight to walk to Houston, because we didn't bring you to LA for us to help you form a super team somewhere else. While the Clippers would still be a legit team without Dwight if they did the Celtics deal, they are straight scary with D12. At the end of the day the FO plan is 2014, so we just let him walk if he doesn't resign. We may suck next year but thats life. Things don't always work out, like this seasons nightmare proves. We just have to take another route which would be in 2014 when we would have possibly 3 mill on the books if Dwight leaves. It may be a much longer process but we will somehow find a way back to the top. We always do!!!

#995 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,923 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:59 PM

It always pays to have players other teams covet.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#996 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,685 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 15, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Indicates Lakers believe they can get better talent with cap space than B . Griffin.

Well yeah, if Dwight walked away then we'd enter the 2014 season with enough cap space to sign two players to a max contract.

So its up to Dwight whether he wants to be one of the two max players we'll have on the team after the 2014 off-season or whether h wants to go to Houston where they'll be out of cap space while we sign two max player free agents while he's stuck in CBA heck. 

The Lakers are confident in their ability to win with or without and they have a plan B.    That plan B is if Dwight doesn't re-sign we use the money to sign two max players in the 2014 off-season, and plan A is sign Dwight and then sign one max player in the 2014 off-season.   But they aren't gonna sign and trade Dwight to take a longer contract. 

It's a good strategy really.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#997 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,314 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 05:20 PM

Doing that fantasy Blake trade would make the Lakers-Clippers game extra crazy. Blake wouldn't have to dunk on Pau anymore, but in practice.

Edited by Chad, June 15, 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#998 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,314 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 05:50 PM

Getting Blake wouldn't kill our 2014 plan. If Dwight is leaving, do it. 

Edited by Chad, June 15, 2013 - 05:51 PM.

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 05:55 PM

The one thing the Lakers have leverage on is if Dwight wants to team up with CP3. Unless they want to team up so badly they go to Atlanta the only other way is through the Lakers playing a part. If it's at Houston then we would have to take players back in a S&T so they could afford to sign CP3. I believe the only way the Lakers would ever agree to that is if Harden is involved. Even then I think it's not guaranteed they do it. If he wants Houston so bad our FO say well you can have that but where not helping you form a big 3 with Harden and CP3. While it is possible they sign Dwight and then look to trade Asik, Lin and Robinson all for draft picks and take no money back, that will very tough to do. As for the Clippers situation Mitch and our FO know what there up to. They want to try and put a super team together there. If the Clippers can somehow do this deal with the Celtics without dealing Bledsoe or Griffin then their coming after Dwight. However the Lakers hold the key again as it can't happen unless they S&T Dwight. While a Griffin, Bledsoe deal is probably the best S&T the Lakers will most likely get, the problem is you also help your same city rival become a powerhouse. If they are able to get KG and Rivers they are better already. Pierce probably gets bought out and signs with Clippers as well. So Dwight then will look for a S&T with the Clippers. While I'm not against the trade, the problem is what it creates for the Clippers. If the Clippers weren't possibly getting Garnett, Pierce and Doc then they may not be opposed to it. However a team of Dwight, Garnett, Pierce and CP3 is no joke. While the two old guys are not the stars they once were, the would just need to be role players on the team with D12 and CP3 in there prime still. If you are the Lakers you dont let this happen. You tell Dwight to walk to Houston, because we didn't bring you to LA for us to help you form a super team somewhere else. While the Clippers would still be a legit team without Dwight if they did the Celtics deal, they are straight scary with D12. At the end of the day the FO plan is 2014, so we just let him walk if he doesn't resign. We may suck next year but thats life. Things don't always work out, like this seasons nightmare proves. We just have to take another route which would be in 2014 when we would have possibly 3 mill on the books if Dwight leaves. It may be a much longer process but we will somehow find a way back to the top. We always do!!!

Gotta' admit, I was at first a bit discouraged about considering reading your post seeing how long it was but more importantly without any paragraphs was what made it seem more daunting. However, I did and I don't regret it. Good post.

yo.

#1000 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 15, 2013 - 06:02 PM

Gotta' admit, I was at first a bit discouraged about considering reading your post seeing how long it was but more importantly without any paragraphs was what made it seem more daunting. However, I did and I don't regret it. Good post.

I cant read something like that. It has to be broken down in paragraphs looks like a wall of text to me! I CANT I CANT! MUST TRY

Laker fan for life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)