#81 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 07, 2013 - 10:44 AM

I think Dwight will stay

- He'll get an extra $30 mil here

- He isn't giving up the $30 mil especially considering another lockout awaits the next time he'll be a free agent. The owners will be even more strict on spending and he'll be 33 at the time. Very unlikely he'll make up that $30 mil in salary

- Lakers have history of building championship teams around big men we got during their primes...Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Gasol. Theres a track record

Dwight Im 80% sure is coming back.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#82 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,283 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 08, 2013 - 03:01 PM

Can't Dwight team up with CP3+Josh Smith in ATL? That would be crazy.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#83 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,518 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 08, 2013 - 03:44 PM

That would add up close to 60 mill for 3 players. No way Atlanta could afford that + role players that are any good.

#84 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,355 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 04:09 PM

They would all have to take paycuts ala the Miami Heat, only on a bigger scale cause of the new CBA. 

#85 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,023 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted May 10, 2013 - 05:15 PM

Y! Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are pursuing Stan Van Gundy to be the franchise's coach. http://tinyurl.com/bpov8az 

this may cause a damper on Dwight going to ATL

thi

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#86 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 10, 2013 - 05:18 PM

Could be a good move for ATL

Pau Gasol is GONE

#87 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,355 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 05:26 PM

Y! Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are pursuing Stan Van Gundy to be the franchise's coach. http://tinyurl.com/bpov8az 

this may cause a damper on Dwight going to ATL

thi

They are doing it to lure Dwight there.  The relationship between the two seem to be overblown in the media.

#88 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,023 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted May 10, 2013 - 07:29 PM

They are doing it to lure Dwight there.  The relationship between the two seem to be overblown in the media.

Good call 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#89 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted May 10, 2013 - 08:09 PM

I do think that the situation with Dwight and Stan was overblown; however, you can't ignore the fact that Van Gundy said straight to the media that Dwight wanted him fired. Orlando's front office fired Stan in hopes to change Dwight's mind about leaving. No doubt there is a rift between the two.

#90 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted May 10, 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well, there is a reason why they still talk. If that's the case, then there must be some sort of relationship there.

Maybe D'Antoni made him appreciate what he had.

Posted Image

#91 vdwielen

vdwielen

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Name:Maarten
  • Fan Since:2011

Posted May 13, 2013 - 05:02 AM

I'am gonan get rid of Howard in my nba2k13 team, and save some cap to get some other players.

He is not a role player and he is way to expensive. Its not normal to have a 100 mil cap its way over the limit.

I say get rid of Howard and get some new young explosive players going where D'Antoni can work with.

Maybe we can also hire Chris Paul is we can get rid of nash and next year we will be playing for the prices again. Trust me 

#92 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,417 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 13, 2013 - 07:01 AM

I'am gonan get rid of Howard in my nba2k13 team, and save some cap to get some other players.

He is not a role player and he is way to expensive. Its not normal to have a 100 mil cap its way over the limit.

I say get rid of Howard and get some new young explosive players going where D'Antoni can work with.

Maybe we can also hire Chris Paul is we can get rid of nash and next year we will be playing for the prices again. Trust me 

So Mitch should follow your plan on nba 2k13...LOL

#93 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,011 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 13, 2013 - 01:37 PM

No

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#94 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted May 13, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Oh, we should get Chris Paul?

Why hasn't anybody thought of this?!

#95 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,011 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 13, 2013 - 05:21 PM

it's NBA2k13  stuff..

In association mode with the Lakers I have a starting lineup of Kyrie Irving, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Josh Smith and Dwight Howard

With a bench of
Steve Nash/Blake  Tony Allen/Goudelock Earl Clark/Ronnie Brewer, Jordan Hill/MWP and Pau Gasol

Running the 84 Lakers playbook and often nowadays with extreme post and pass play with fast break occasionally, Nowadays I just play it CPU vs CPU to amuse and entertain myself and watch the Lakers run ramshot on any and everyone while Kobe wins MVP's averaging nearly triple doubles because of the talent around him while I post here =P

That shows how much credence that game holds in terms of GM possibilities vs real life =p 

Edited by Majesty, May 13, 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#96 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 13, 2013 - 08:18 PM

it's NBA2k13 stuff..

In association mode with the Lakers I have a starting lineup of Kyrie Irving, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Josh Smith and Dwight Howard

With a bench of

Steve Nash/Blake Tony Allen/Goudelock Earl Clark/Ronnie Brewer, Jordan Hill/MWP and Pau Gasol

Running the 84 Lakers playbook and often nowadays with extreme post and pass play with fast break occasionally, Nowadays I just play it CPU vs CPU to amuse and entertain myself and watch the Lakers run ramshot on any and everyone while Kobe wins MVP's averaging nearly triple doubles because of the talent around him while I post here =P

That shows how much credence that game holds in terms of GM possibilities vs real life =p

How do you have the cap for that? Who did you trade for Kyrie?

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#97 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,244 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted May 13, 2013 - 08:46 PM

Dwight making 30 million is nothing to keep him here. With the state taxes, he would pretty much make as much if he signed in Texas or any other state with no taxing. The difference would be 1-3 million, and at this point in time, Houston looks better than the Lakers. Dallas can always shed salary and restock with CP3 and DH12 or JSmoove and DH12. I really do hope he comes back though, I have his jersey...

#98 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,355 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Dwight making 30 million is nothing to keep him here. With the state taxes, he would pretty much make as much if he signed in Texas or any other state with no taxing. The difference would be 1-3 million, and at this point in time, Houston looks better than the Lakers. Dallas can always shed salary and restock with CP3 and DH12 or JSmoove and DH12. I really do hope he comes back though, I have his jersey...

The extra year and guarenteed money with the Lakers means a lot.

#99 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 10:17 PM

what you gonna do with $30 less mil in HOU lol it aint LA

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#100 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 14, 2013 - 05:46 AM

it's NBA2k13  stuff..

With a bench of
Steve Nash/Blake  Tony Allen/Goudelock Earl Clark/Ronnie Brewer, Jordan Hill/MWP and Pau Gasol

HAHAHA you talk a tonne of rubbish. Your starting team is Irving, Bryant, Melo, Smith and Howard and you still have nash, MWP and Gasol on the bench?

So what you have basically done is trade Jodie Meeks, Chris Duhon, Ebanks, Jamison, Morris and Sacre for Josh Smith, Carmelo Anthony, Kyrie Irving, Tony Allen and Ronnie Brewer?

You'll probably find the association mode is more realistic if you don't force CPU trades.....just saying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users