• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7079 replies to this topic

#901 David

David

Superstar

• 8,014 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:13 AM

Thanks Stern

Edited by Admiral General Aladeen, June 14, 2013 - 08:20 AM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#902 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:16 AM

If anything Atlanta and Dallas is the best bet to land both D12 and CP3.  Theo only issue there is both of them are willing to play in dallas or atlanta.   

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#903 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 2,756 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:17 AM

Hawks are the only option and I don't think they want to play there.

If we ship Gasol though, it may be possible.

#904 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,419 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:22 AM

I dont think they would want to play in Atlanta even though its the hometown of Howard ..

I doubt they'll play together, maybe in Dallas to say the most..

I still say CP3 will stay with the Clippers, and Howard is most probably staying in LAL, I dont trust Howard is confident enough about the situation in Houston..

#905 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:25 AM

Imagine Lakers end up not getting CP3 and D12.  They end up with MDA and 100 year old Nash.   Talk about Jim Buss break through moments huh?  Jerry Buss is rolling in his graves right now.

Edited by epicwolf, June 14, 2013 - 08:26 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#906 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,085 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:45 AM

http://espn.go.com/l...ogether-sources

I only see a few possibilities here:

1) We S&T Dwight to the Clippers for Bledsoe and Griffin

2) Dwight & CP3 go to Atlanta

3) We S&T Dwight to Houston - or Clippers S&T CP3 to Houston

4) CP3 signs with us on a 1 year deal with the understanding of maxing in 2014 - least likely

1 is not possible, 2 is the only one thats probable on your list, 3 makes no sense and wouldn't add up to money right also why would they want a S&T when this is for both of them probably going to be their biggest contract. 4 is just laughable. No player with his talent would risk his whole career to be on a team that got knocked out of the playoffs in the first round last season and who has a bad coach.

CP3 will most likely resign with the clippers. People heard they went to dinner together and everyone now is speculating like crazy. Dwight is most likely going to sign with Houston. Personally in the long run I think it bites him in the ass(gonna be just like orlando) but whatever its his choice.   

#907 Success@Success@Success

Success@Success@Success

Rookie

• 32 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime Lakers
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Can we even sign and trade Howard for Griffin + Bledsoe?  Do the salaries match for both sides?

#908 -MagicKareemKobe-

-MagicKareemKobe-

Rookie

• 1,238 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:56 AM

The only realistic way Dwight and CP3 can play together is if they go to Atlanta. And it says in Broussard's article that CP3 doesn't want to leave LA. They want to team up on the Clippers, but there's no way the Lakers sign and trade Dwight to flop city. Ain't happening.

#909 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,700 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:00 AM

CP3 is coming here I know it!

#910 David

David

Superstar

• 8,014 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:07 AM

Stop overreacting guys.

How could you not expect a story like this to pop up?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#911 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:12 AM

We can't sign and trade because we are over the cap. I put it like this if he wants to leave and ride CP3 or Hardens coattail then let him. But even if we could I would much rather let him walk then take Blake Griffin.

#912 David

David

Superstar

• 8,014 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:12 AM

"@ArashMarkazi: Any Clippers trade that begins with Blake Griffin is a non-starter and will not be approved by Donald Sterling."

"@ArashMarkazi: I've been told several times by Clippers sources that Griffin is "untouchable." That was to East teams. They'd never deal him to the Lakers."

Edited by Admiral General Aladeen, June 14, 2013 - 09:15 AM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#913 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,978 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:29 AM

Moving this to the Dwight thread

#914 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,978 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:34 AM

I could care less where those two want to play together as long as it's not with the Clippers. 

If it's the Lakers (unrealistic) then great.  But if it's another team, then cool.   But the Lakers better hope it's not with the Clippers. 

#915 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:41 AM

I could care less where those two want to play together as long as it's not with the Clippers.

If it's the Lakers (unrealistic) then great. But if it's another team, then cool. But the Lakers better hope it's not with the Clippers.

I agree I just can't see them with the Clippers but other then that go to Dallas,or Atl.

I read,a lot of your threads and respect your opinion but how do you feel about Dwight leaving.

#916 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,676 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:43 AM

do the Clippers have cap-space to sign both CP3 and Dwight?

Posted Image

#917 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,978 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:51 AM

I agree I just can't see them with the Clippers but other then that go to Dallas,or Atl.

I read,a lot of your threads and respect your opinion but how do you feel about Dwight leaving.

I want him to stay with the Lakers.  I don't remember the last time a big free agent that played for the Lakers went elsewhere in free agency, that just doesn't happen to the Lakers.  I fear the negative effect Dwight leaving would have on the perception of the franchise. 

If Dwight leaves, the Lakers essentially go into tank mode for this upcoming season unfortunately regardless of Kobe Bryant's contract status. 

But I will say this, I want players here that want to be Lakers and respect the history of our franchise.   I'm not sure if Dwight respects what this franchise is about.  The greatest big men in the game come to the Lakers to become legends.  If Dwight wants to become a legend, he knows where he should stay.  

#918 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,978 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:56 AM

do the Clippers have cap-space to sign both CP3 and Dwight?

Not at the moment

#919 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,933 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Sports talk radio 680am here in Atlanta is pretty optimistic. Supposedly they have a source that knows a member of D12's family well. Its possible because he grew up here. But I dont know or care either way. But if they do it I'm all for it if it makes it more difficult for the Heat.

#920 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 10:00 AM

I want him to stay with the Lakers. I don't remember the last time a big free agent that played for the Lakers went elsewhere in free agency, that just doesn't happen to the Lakers. I fear the negative effect Dwight leaving would have on the perception of the franchise.

If Dwight leaves, the Lakers essentially go into tank mode for this upcoming season unfortunately regardless of Kobe Bryant's contract status.

But I will say this, I want players here that want to be Lakers and respect the history of our franchise. I'm not sure if Dwight respects what this franchise is about. The greatest big men in the game come to the Lakers to become legends. If Dwight wants to become a legend, he knows where he should stay.

That is the exact way I see it. I want to see him as a Laker and I want him to understand that there is a legacy at stake and he can become one of the best big mans ever for the best franchise.
But again if he doesn't see that then we have to let him walk. I just don't see Cp3 and Howard to the Clippers. We can't sign Dwight then trade him for cap reason.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users