• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7079 replies to this topic

#881 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted June 13, 2013 - 10:36 AM

I'm really getting sick of former Lakers voicing their opinion on Dwight Howard.

#882 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,866 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:03 AM

It's been noted that they never really got into using his "system" if thats what you want to call it.  Also it shouldnt be ignored that last year before he resigned the Knicks were 6th in defensive efficiency.  Again no one is saying D'antoni is some genius but he is being unfairly blamed for a bad season.  Sometimes its just is what is.  The team was injured and the big 4 only played 22 games together. Why cant it just be that? Why does someone always have to take the fall?  Just let the guys get healthy and try to work things out and go for it.  Thats the best thing they can do outside of Phil actually saying yes I want the job today. 

Because he doesn't know how to adapt beyond his system. I really don't want to talk about this here since it's been discussed on this board so many times already, but basically we are talking about the coach that said a 3 pointer takes priority over a post up. Why would D12 want to come and play here in that offense? On top of that D'Antoni is a terrible defensive coach as well and refused to hire a competent assistant to do it back in Phoenix. Rick Adelman and Jerry Sloan are 10x the coach this guy is. 

Again, if it comes down to MDA vs. Dwight, which it basically has, why would you even think twice about keeping MDA? You still haven't provided a single reason for that.

And don't use the 2011 Dallas series as an example against Phil. He's won 11 championships and is a more than proven coach. That logic is terrible, because then I can just use a few bad games by Michael Jordan and say he's not that great either. Come on now... 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

• 40,604 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:29 AM

yo.

#884 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:34 AM

It's been noted that they never really got into using his "system" if thats what you want to call it.  Also it shouldnt be ignored that last year before he resigned the Knicks were 6th in defensive efficiency.  Again no one is saying D'antoni is some genius but he is being unfairly blamed for a bad season.  Sometimes its just is what is.  The team was injured and the big 4 only played 22 games together. Why cant it just be that? Why does someone always have to take the fall?  Just let the guys get healthy and try to work things out and go for it.  Thats the best thing they can do outside of Phil actually saying yes I want the job today. 

You're a new member here so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you weren't around when a lot of the consensus regarding MDA was reached. 

Here is a good post written by our admin Real Deal who goes pretty in depth into the MDA problem. http://lakernation.c...and-our-future/

I recognize that there were injuries and things of that nature, but when you don't install an offensive or defensive system and instead run your players into the ground, the results won't be good no matter what the roster is. 

Again though, if it comes down to D12 vs. MDA, you go with Howard 10/10 times. 

#885 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:38 AM

Let's hear the excuses:

- Fired from the Denver Nuggets

- Quit in Phoenix

- Quit in New York

- Disastrous season in LA with Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, and Pau Gasol (although I'll give him a pass for having to deal with Gasol)

Pau Gasol is GONE

#886 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,558 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:44 AM

@stevekylerNBA

Sources also say that the field for Howard's free agency has widened considerably... Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Antonio, LA and Brooklyn

San Antonio has just $32.8 million in salary commits and could have as much as $26 million in capspace in July.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#887 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:46 AM

@stevekylerNBA

Sources also say that the field for Howard's free agency has widened considerably... Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Antonio, LA and Brooklyn

San Antonio has just $32.8 million in salary commits and could have as much as $26 million in capspace in July.

Not too concerned about this. Everyone knows Howard is unhappy with the situation in LA and they are just trying to snag him. I think it comes down to really Houston/Atlanta or LA. 

#888 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,359 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:47 AM

if he goes to ATL can we do a S&T for Horford? I think it's accessible since Horford is under contract  

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#889 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,558 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Same, it's seems like they are just making up stuff, and still running with old info like the Nets.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#890 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,196 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 13, 2013 - 01:07 PM

Same, it's seems like they are just making up stuff, and still running with old info like the Nets.

same thing they did with the Warriors.

Like Dwight said, they just need a story.

Stephen A Smith said it all when he said that Dwight told him the reason he's waiting is because he said he "has a right to be sure."

he wants to stay with the Lakers but he wants to be sure that their plan and his plan mesh the way he wants it to.  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#891 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,866 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 13, 2013 - 01:18 PM

No, does nothing for Howard and ATL has enough room to sign CP3 and D12 outright.  Only way I'd see them doing it is it they wanted out of his contract all together. 

if he goes to ATL can we do a S&T for Horford? I think it's accessible since Horford is under contract  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#892 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Oh Brooklyn? With all that cap space?

Ok.

#893 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,049 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:46 PM

Let's hear the excuses:

- Fired from the Denver Nuggets

- Quit in Phoenix

- Quit in New York

- Disastrous season in LA with Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, and Pau Gasol (although I'll give him a pass for having to deal with Gasol)

You mean the resume.

#894 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted June 14, 2013 - 04:39 AM

I feel like this thread could be titled; The Official Dwight Howard Thread 2.0/The GTFO Mike D'Antoni Thread

#895 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:22 AM

same thing they did with the Warriors.

Like Dwight said, they just need a story.

Stephen A Smith said it all when he said that Dwight told him the reason he's waiting is because he said he "has a right to be sure."

he wants to stay with the Lakers but he wants to be sure that their plan and his plan mesh the way he wants it to.  

At this point I dont blame dwight at all. If I was on a team and they told me I am gonna be the future and then you go out and get a coach that preaches the complete opposite of how I play, I think Im gonna take a second look at things. I dont want to say MDA is the reason dwight hasnt come back yet, but Im 95% sure that is the reason. A player doesnt want to play in a scheme that is 1) not in his fitting and 2) a scheme that will never ever win a chip.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#896 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:50 AM

http://espn.go.com/l...ogether-sources

I only see a few possibilities here:

1) We S&T Dwight to the Clippers for Bledsoe and Griffin

2) Dwight & CP3 go to Atlanta

3) We S&T Dwight to Houston - or Clippers S&T CP3 to Houston

4) CP3 signs with us on a 1 year deal with the understanding of maxing in 2014 - least likely

#897 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:51 AM

Broussard is reporting that Dwight and CP3 have been talking about playing together. To what extent though? Are they going to play it so that it's their first priority?

Or, do they want to play together only if it's convenient? That's basically why Dwight isn't playing with Deron right now and CP3 isn't in NY.

I have to think it's the 2nd since the Clippers aren't going after Dwight and everybody around them thinks CP3 is staying.

Plus, it's Chris Broussard.

Edited by Japago, June 14, 2013 - 08:06 AM.

Posted Image

#898 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,889 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:53 AM

Oh snap!  Stuff just hit the fan!!!

#899 Twenty_Four

Twenty_Four

Rookie

• 246 posts
  • Fav. Laker:black mamba

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:56 AM

griffin + beldsoe + 1st round pick 

Posted Image

#900 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,129 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:09 AM

We can't sign and trade Dwight, OP. And unfortunately (as you know) option 4 is completely unlikely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users