#861 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,225 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 12, 2013 - 01:15 PM

Nope, like I said earlier in this thread, why would a player stay with a team who has a coach that features anything but him.

is it true when a FA leaves their previous team the team can used their salary to signed a FA 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#862 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 12, 2013 - 01:34 PM

is it true when a FA leaves their previous team the team can used their salary to signed a FA

Nope

#863 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 01:34 PM

I would have faked an injury if MDA was my coach

None of our players had to fake injuries sadly.

#864 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted June 12, 2013 - 01:56 PM

I really hope the management isn't stubborn about MDA. If they are, I will be incredibly appalled. Every single fan on here can see that basically 90% of what it will take to get Howard to stay is fire D'Antoni and hire a real coach. If the front office falters because they weren't able to do this one simple thing, I will be amazed at the lack of proper decision making in a professional and proven organization. 

Dwight is basically sitting right in front of them ready to be taken. They just have to make that one step by manning up and firing the damn coach. It's so [expletive]ing simple, I don't understand why they've even held back this long. If I were Mitch or Jim, I would have fired D'Antoni right after those initial meetings with Howard in order to prove to him how much they want him to stay. That would have ideally been the best and most logical move. LA has an asset. Prove to him just how much they value him. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, June 12, 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#865 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,062 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:02 PM

I really hope the management isn't stubborn about MDA. If they are, I will be incredibly appalled. Every single fan on here can see that basically 90% of what it will take to get Howard to stay is fire D'Antoni and hire a real coach. If the front office falters because they weren't able to do this one simple thing, I will be amazed at the lack of proper decision making in a professional and proven organization. 

Dwight is basically sitting right in front of them ready to be taken. They just have to make that one step by manning up and firing the damn coach. It's so [expletive]ing simple, I don't understand why they've even held back this long. If I were Mitch or Jim, I would have fired D'Antoni right after those initial meetings with Howard in order to prove to him how much they want him to stay. That would have ideally been the best and most logical move. LA has an asset. Prove to him just how much they value him. 

Im not some huge fan of MDA but why are fans so hell bent on firing him? What did he do wrong? The team actually looked good in the 2nd half of the year but injuries destroyed this team.  No way you can dance around that.  Had they hired Phil they would have still probably been a 1st round exit.  You do realize the team that swept them is on the brink of possibly beating the Heat right?  So you fire MDA and what kind of message do you send to other coaches?  They would start to seriously look like Jerry Jones, where no real coach with any sense of self would consider the job.  If Dwight wants to leave that bad to where he wants to hand pick coaches based on things out of that coaches control then he is going to leave anyway.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#866 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,322 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:09 PM

Someone on twitter.

@bigpun311 

@DwightHoward hey Dwight Howard, don't come back to LA

Dwight's reply

@DwightHoward

@bigpun311 I was jus tellin yo sister that she was terrible the other night.

Edited by Majesty, June 12, 2013 - 06:10 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#867 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,225 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:29 PM

that dont mean nothing tho 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#868 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Im not some huge fan of MDA but why are fans so hell bent on firing him? What did he do wrong? The team actually looked good in the 2nd half of the year but injuries destroyed this team.  No way you can dance around that.  Had they hired Phil they would have still probably been a 1st round exit.  You do realize the team that swept them is on the brink of possibly beating the Heat right?  So you fire MDA and what kind of message do you send to other coaches?  They would start to seriously look like Jerry Jones, where no real coach with any sense of self would consider the job.  If Dwight wants to leave that bad to where he wants to hand pick coaches based on things out of that coaches control then he is going to leave anyway.

Do you want to pick the best big man in the league and a franchise center or a one trick pony coach who has never won anything in his life and rubbed a lot of teams and players the wrong way? 

It's a simple decision that even a 5 year old could make. I'm incredibly frustrated management hasn't acted already. When you have players of this caliber you don't [expletive] around. 

#869 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,152 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:59 PM

If you support mike antoni then you clearly like losing.

#870 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 12, 2013 - 07:20 PM

Dwight's reply

That was a lame ass reply from DH

Pau Gasol is GONE

#871 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,322 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 12, 2013 - 07:55 PM

That was a lame ass reply from DH

A worse reply would have been

"ok"

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#872 lildvl10

lildvl10

Rookie

• 897 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted June 12, 2013 - 09:14 PM

whats this thing im hearing about that cp3 and dwight will sign with the hawk? thats why NBA will fine the atlanta hawks team bec. of that leaked email to a season ticket holder

#873 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,557 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 12, 2013 - 09:59 PM

whats this thing im hearing about that cp3 and dwight will sign with the hawk? thats why NBA will fine the atlanta hawks team bec. of that leaked email to a season ticket holder

I think Dwigt and CP3 are considering their options and probably are talking together quite a bit. They'd both love to team up, but i think they both would prefer that it was in a major market.

#874 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,062 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 05:13 AM

And none of the coaches any of you guys would consider have won anything either.  In the end D'antoni just isnt a likeable personality and has got a bad rep due to having great teams that couldnt win it all.  Why isnt George Karl or Rick Adalman in the same boat? Or the great Jerry Sloan?  As I said before Im no D'Antoni fan per say but this teams ills werent his fault.  So you fire him who do you hire? B/c last time I checked Phil isnt interested and even he didnt save them from being swept vs what was supposed to be a lesser Dallas team.  

Do you want to pick the best big man in the league and a franchise center or a one trick pony coach who has never won anything in his life and rubbed a lot of teams and players the wrong way? 

It's a simple decision that even a 5 year old could make. I'm incredibly frustrated management hasn't acted already. When you have players of this caliber you don't [expletive] around. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#875 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,062 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 05:16 AM

Another point you need to think hard on.  If Dwight is going to leave solely based on the fact D'antoni is the caoch when facts show he made adjustments to play inside out ball in the 2nd half of the year.  Then he was already gone.  You start the practice of just firing guys for things outside of their control the Lakers will turn the Cowboys of the NBA.  The most popular and prestigious team that no real coach wants to coach. 

#876 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,557 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 13, 2013 - 05:29 AM

I still think there is a good chance we retain Dwight and get Phil Jackson. I know people are saying otherwise, but i refuse to believe they're that stupid. If i was Mich K and this was forced upon me, i'd quit as the GM. If i was Kobe and saw this happen, i'd speak my mind loud and clear in the media. If i was Jeannie Buss, i'd try to take over control to prevent this from happening.

I even think Jim Buss will do the right thing when the time comes - he is not stupid, i hope.

#877 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,062 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 05:56 AM

What makes you think Mitch K had no say in D'Antoni being hired? I guess when something good happens we all praise Mitch but when things go sour it was Jim's decision.  Jeanie cant force control.  They all have an equal ownership but different positions in the org.  Just b/c Phil is plugging her doesnt means she is fit to make bball decisions. 

I still think there is a good chance we retain Dwight and get Phil Jackson. I know people are saying otherwise, but i refuse to believe they're that stupid. If i was Mich K and this was forced upon me, i'd quit as the GM. If i was Kobe and saw this happen, i'd speak my mind loud and clear in the media. If i was Jeannie Buss, i'd try to take over control to prevent this from happening.

I even think Jim Buss will do the right thing when the time comes - he is not stupid, i hope.

#878 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 08:57 AM

And none of the coaches any of you guys would consider have won anything either.  In the end D'antoni just isnt a likeable personality and has got a bad rep due to having great teams that couldnt win it all.  Why isnt George Karl or Rick Adalman in the same boat? Or the great Jerry Sloan?  As I said before Im no D'Antoni fan per say but this teams ills werent his fault.  So you fire him who do you hire? B/c last time I checked Phil isnt interested and even he didnt save them from being swept vs what was supposed to be a lesser Dallas team.  

Because he doesn't know how to adapt beyond his system. I really don't want to talk about this here since it's been discussed on this board so many times already, but basically we are talking about the coach that said a 3 pointer takes priority over a post up. Why would D12 want to come and play here in that offense? On top of that D'Antoni is a terrible defensive coach as well and refused to hire a competent assistant to do it back in Phoenix. Rick Adelman and Jerry Sloan are 10x the coach this guy is. 

Again, if it comes down to MDA vs. Dwight, which it basically has, why would you even think twice about keeping MDA? You still haven't provided a single reason for that.

And don't use the 2011 Dallas series as an example against Phil. He's won 11 championships and is a more than proven coach. That logic is terrible, because then I can just use a few bad games by Michael Jordan and say he's not that great either. Come on now... 

Edited by bfc1125roy, June 13, 2013 - 08:58 AM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 10:03 AM

Magic Johnson Implies Dwight Howard Should Sign With Rockets

yo.

#880 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 13, 2013 - 10:19 AM