#841 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,567 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:35 AM

Harden overrated?

Um, O.K..  The guy has brought something new to his game each season he's been in the league and his leadership skills are growing by leaps and bounds right now.  Go-to guy in the clutch, not afraid to take control of a game or a game winning shot, works on both ends of the floor every second, never complains about time played or anything basketball related and he makes all players on the court around him better than they are without him there.  Houston had no business being as good as they were last season.  90% of that is due to the presence of James Harden.

You are beyond wrong about Harden being overrated.

Without Westbrook the Thunder were definitely crippled, but if Harden were still there they would've gotten by the Grizzlies no problem.

I am near 100% sure Dwight remains in L.A., but if in some weird world he does leave and the Lakers can work out a sign and trade for Harden - I am 100% behind that.

Unfortunately no personnel move helps this team until D'Antoni is gone.  As long as he is on the bench supposedly "coaching", the Lakers are going nowhere - fast.

P.S. - The fines have nothing to do with being "Money hungry" they are fines for rules these guys know back and forth.  They're idiots for violating those rules, flat out idiots.  This is why certain teams always remain in the middle or the bottom - poor management.

Harden is good, but c'mon dude it's not like he's the new Kobe.

Clutch? Last year he totally disappeared in the Finals against the Heat.

Even without Harden the OKC were the best team during the regular season by most advanced metrics.

Without Westbrook, they we're easily bounced by Memphis.

The rest you said, i agree with.

#842 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,213 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 01:34 AM

If we were to lose Howard getting harden in a sign and trade would be huge.

Let the rockets have Paul and Howard if it came down to Howard being 100% on going to Houston

I don't think it will come down to that, I think Howard returns, but getting the 23 year old harden is better than getting nothing
Posted Image

#843 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,230 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 11, 2013 - 02:49 AM

Where is all the S&T stuff coming from. Howard gains nothing from it and he could care less about us getting something back if he leaves.  He will want the biggest contract he can get if with a FA signing if not with us. 

#844 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 11, 2013 - 02:55 AM

Where is all the S&T stuff coming from. Howard gains nothing from it and he could care less about us getting something back if he leaves.  He will want the biggest contract he can get if with a FA signing if not with us. 

People are talking about "what if" Houston gets Chris Paul and Dwight wants to go to Houston how we could sign and trade Dwight to Houston then and take Harden.

I guess that's where it stems.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#845 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 11, 2013 - 03:54 AM

Fines are stupid in this case, if you really want to punish them,make it where you can't place bids on the player(s) you tampered with 

Players Union will never allow this rule to stick. 

Laker fan for life.

#846 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,567 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 11, 2013 - 04:31 AM

People are talking about "what if" Houston gets Chris Paul and Dwight wants to go to Houston how we could sign and trade Dwight to Houston then and take Harden.

I guess that's where it stems.

I think it's quite hypothetical at this point, but there is no doubt that Houston would try to assemble the three of them, if they can. Those 3 guys would really give a lot of teams some trouble.

For the Lakers, this isn’t too bad actually as we would be able to basically take on their whole team – most of whom are vastly underpaid – as well as a future first rounder.

Parsons, Robinson, Asik, Lin and a 2014 (unprotected) first round pick sounds about right to me – at least that’s what I would want if I was to help another team becoming a super-team.

#847 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 11, 2013 - 09:17 AM

^ wouldn't that be funny... we'd take all their depth and they'd take all our top heaviness but with no bench and no money for improvement via the new CBA and we'd likely still enter 2014 with significant space :laughing:  

Nash
Kobe
Parsons
Hill
Gasol

bench of

Lin/Blake
Meeks
Robinson
Clark
Asik

Not bad. Won't win a championship with that unit unless PJ was coaching it but not bad. Funny thing is we were already looking at signing Delfino after the Rockets let him go as well as Garcia for cheap.

We'd basically be taking ALL of Houston's depth not named Harden with significant space still available in 2014 and leaving Houston with Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, James Harden and NO cap space and no bench.

Would be a steal of epic proportions to be honest.

I don't think that happens but if Houston was stupid enough to try it, and Dwight lacked the foresight to see he was walking into a nightmare scenario in Houston then we'd come out on top in that scenario,.

Edited by Majesty, June 11, 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#848 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,213 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 10:52 AM

Helping them to put harden, Paul and Dwight together would be a massive mistake. Like the heat they will get tons of vets to go there for nothing if you have those 3 together

Just two and it doesn't look promising, all three and suddenly they look more appealing than Miami. 23, 26, and 28 respectively age wise

Bad move
Posted Image

#849 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,174 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:07 PM

Just went through some of the pages of the 2010 NBA Finals game 7 thread.... the memories man..good times

http://lakernation.c...angeles-lakers/

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:13 PM

^ Damn, looking back on that, so many OGs around at that time too, now that we've been sucking, so many disappear, so sad to see, but unfortunately not surprising.

yo.

#851 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,760 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted June 11, 2013 - 08:38 PM

actually I'm sick instead of tired, let this big man get shipped. I can't stand it anymore.

33bkfif.jpg

#852 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,230 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 11, 2013 - 09:32 PM

actually I'm sick instead of tired, let this big man get shipped. I can't stand it anymore.

The season hasnt even ended lol. Best to be patient at this time. 

#853 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted June 11, 2013 - 11:56 PM

Until Dwight says himself that he is taking his talents to Houston or Woj tweets he is destined for the Rockets, I'm not going to worry to much about the tons of rumors that we will hear before then.

#854 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,086 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 12, 2013 - 04:42 AM

Not sure why fans keep overreacting.  Nothing is happening at the moment.  What is there not to stand?  How does Dwight just walking away help LA anyway?

The season hasnt even ended lol. Best to be patient at this time. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#855 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 11:05 AM

We're pretty much on the outside looking in. I think its more like 80/20 in favor of Houston right now

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#856 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 11:08 AM

We're pretty much on the outside looking in. I think its more like 80/20 in favor of Houston right now

Yup and those odds won't swing back our way as long as MDA is coach. 

#857 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,226 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 12, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yup and those odds won't swing back our way as long as MDA is coach. 

Can you really blame Dwight for leaving tho?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 11:55 AM

^ If MDA stays especially, not at all. In fact, I might even applaud him.

yo.

#859 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 01:08 PM

Can you really blame Dwight for leaving tho?

Nope, like I said earlier in this thread, why would a player stay with a team who has a coach that features anything but him.

#860 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 12, 2013 - 01:14 PM

I would have faked an injury if MDA was my coach

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users