7079 replies to this topic

#6841 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 07, 2013 - 12:41 AM

What I think is either getting overlooked or overrated is Kevin McHale. Looking at his track record, up until now with the Rockets he was a very underachieving coach since Minny. Although you can say it was all lack of talent, but that excuse runs deep throughtout the league. I can't say I know the particlular style of the Rockets last year, just know relied on perimeter shooting and penetration, I cannot even say how efficient defensively they were.

Supposedly Howard was getting sold on McHale and Olajuwon understanding him and making the most of his abilities, but is McHale even a coach capable of that or just trying to win over Howard at any cost. I actuallly think McHale won't be able to get the most of this roster, in partciuclar to Howard, but you cannot let the media find out of any disharmony since Howard has run out of any general good will. A simple scenario is expecting Howard to do something you could in your playing days, sets him up to fail, howard is nowhere near as skilled as McHale was, even more bleak would be Olajuwon.

#6842 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,093 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:28 AM

McHale never wanted to coach. Because you have players who don't work on their Fundamentals in the off-season *cough* Dwight *cough*

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#6843 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:55 AM

mcten 
Dwight on KB: "It had nothing to do with what Kobe did. I just feel like me and James Harden can really help each other grow." 

mcten 
Dwight: "The timing in L.A., it wasn't right for me. Maybe two years ago, or 2-3 years from now it would have been the right time"

Help Each OTHER GROW...not "teach you how to win championships"...

#6844 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Dude get over it. You're acting like Kobe broke up with you and you left your CDs in his car.

#6845 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Did Dwight just admit he wasn't ready?

THINK...

2-3 years ago, Kobe was still in his prime, maybe near the middle to end but still prime...

2-3 years from now, Kobe will be retired or admittedly not the "Franchise Player"...

Only thing Dwight admitted in all of these statements was he didn't want to play with Kobe right now...especially if Phil wasn't there as a buffer.

#6846 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:14 AM

THINK...

2-3 years ago, Kobe was still in his prime, maybe near the middle to end but still prime...

2-3 years from now, Kobe will be retired or admittedly not the "Franchise Player"...

Only thing Dwight admitted in all of these statements was he didn't want to play with Kobe right now...especially if Phil wasn't there as a buffer.

He didn’t say anything of that sort,” Howard said of Bryant. “People twisted a lot of stuff that he said. But in my personal opinion, I’m a winner."

End of story, you have no argument anymore. I don't know why you insist on clinging to it. You've been posting since page 200 or something about your genius idea that Kobe wanted Dwight out because of a desire to be the alpha-dog. What are you trying to prove? What do you want people to say in response? That we want Kobe out of here because he's a terrible teammate? Drop it.

It's amazing how people can see only the things they want to see, especially when it's NOT EVEN THERE. Where do you see something in his statements that can be translated into "I didn't want to play with Kobe"? It was more about how he thought Houston = an instant championship, a fun and no pressure environment, and hall of fame bigs that can tutor (or rather, keep sucking up to him). He needs EVERYTHING tailored perfectly around him, down to the very spots he gets a pass and where his locker spot is. 

Edited by CueTheRain, July 07, 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#6847 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,580 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:36 AM

Dude get over it. You're acting like Kobe broke up with you and you left your CDs in his car.

:laughing:
iyjywo.jpg

#6848 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 07, 2013 - 11:46 AM

Dwight already stated that Kobe's words were twisted, and that KB wasn't the reason he left LA...but, help each other grow? Kobe has five rings. He's nearly 35 years old. He's a top 10 player of all-time, and he's the second-greatest guard in NBA history. What does Dwight Howard have to offer, to help Kobe grow?

Harden would say that, because he has nothing. He is entering his second year as a primary option, and was coming off the bench for OKC just two seasons ago. Dwight and Harden have no MVP's, championships, scoring titles...nothing, aside from Howard's EC championship banner in 2009.

You know exactly where the blame lies. You've known since November 12th, 2012.

#6849 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,318 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 07, 2013 - 01:37 PM

Not only that but Harden has yet to learn to be a winner.  he choked in the finals last year against Miami, and he was terrible for 4 games against the Thunder this year and had ONE good game and that is it.  

Never have a seen a player look so lost in big game situations when he isn't being spoonfed wide open jumpers and is actually asked to make something happen than Harden in the last few years in those scenarios.

What Dwight could learn from him about winning is next to nothing.  

How can they "help each other grow" when they're both stuck in the same place and have no desire to suffer to get any higher?

Edited by Majesty, July 07, 2013 - 01:38 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#6850 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,351 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:53 PM

2rpqxs4.jpg

Some Rocket fan made this, but I fixed it. :P

Edited by Chad, July 07, 2013 - 03:54 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:55 PM

^ I SEE YOU PAINTED YOUR FACE CLOWN!

tumblr_m6funtogYW1qbuciz.gif

yo.

#6852 Rad

Rad

• 1,635 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 04:08 PM

“He didn’t say anything of that sort,” Howard said of Bryant. “People twisted a lot of stuff that he said. But in my personal opinion, I’m a winner."

I think Dwight meant weiner, not winner.

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 04:32 PM

Phil Jackson         @PhilJackson11

What DH brings to the game is power and D. This past year didn’t show due it to rehab and confusion. If he is better of an Astro, so be it.

Edited by    , July 07, 2013 - 05:00 PM.

yo.

#6854 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 11:33 AM

The Lakers did take a huge chance on Dwight...they didnt think he'd walk away from $30 mil and it backfired. Thats why they gave up all those picks to get him and Nash because they thought as long as you have Dwight you'd be able to get through Kobe's last years and transition to the 2014 summer where you have a ton of capspace.  They didnt fire MDA because they knew he'd find another excuse if its not MDA to leave...you give him an inch he'll ask for a mile with unreasonable demands, it will never end.  I guess this marriage wasn't gonna work but we need to start making moves to get the better end of things...like how the Shaq/Lakers saga did

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#6855 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,093 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 11:47 AM

50213_156324977773036_344737219_q.jpg

Dwight Howard is a perfect example of the fact that "potential has a shelf life." Laker fans should be patient and allow Mitch & company to prepare themselves to do some serious work in the free agent market.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#6856 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 08, 2013 - 03:16 PM

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's a nice first take segment on D12's departure. If anything it's at least comforting to hear the Laker's FO and Dwight bashed on national TV. 

He's also going to be on first take in the future. Definitely looking forward to that episode haha 

Edited by bfc1125roy, July 08, 2013 - 03:20 PM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 03:44 PM

^ Yeah, it was posted here:

http://lakernation.c...-5#entry1382951

but that's okay...

yo.

#6858 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 08, 2013 - 05:08 PM

I am looking forward to Skip go through Howard. I was surprised Smith took a more conservative approach to the whole thing I was expecting him to go Broussard and be a cheerleader.

#6859 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,093 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 05:19 PM

Shaq with 4 Rings said he never had problems with D'Antoni. Did D'Antoni tell Dwight to get 6 Baby Mamas?

#6860 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 06:10 PM

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 1m
I wish d12 the best honestly. I just find it hard to follow players that wanna kick my teams ass #thatsjustme

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users