#6801 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:14 AM

Dwight Howard is the Rockets youngest player, and he is only 27.

I'm pretty sure harden and parsons are younger

#6802 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:47 AM

I'm pretty sure harden and parsons are younger

I think the dude meant oldest.

But wow. Kinda scary to think that Dwight is your oldest player, and he is only 27

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#6803 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:51 AM

Dwight Howard's four-year, $88 million maximum contract agreement with the Houston Rockets will include an early termination option after the 2015-16 season and a 15 percent trade kicker, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#6804 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,118 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:59 AM

Dwight Howard's four-year, $88 million maximum contract agreement with the Houston Rockets will include an early termination option after the 2015-16 season and a 15 percent trade kicker, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Yeah so when Dwight says 2-3 years from now is better timing for him to join the Lakers

Which basically means he expects us to be contending again by then.  if the Rockets fail for 2 years and we start looking like we're building towards something good...

OMG the drama is gonna start over again if he doesn't opt in and he's gonna want to come back! :smh:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#6805 Turbo

Turbo

Rookie

• 103 posts
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:01 PM

Dwight's no winner! Calling himself a winner is what he shoulda done when he made it to the nba, not 9 yrs into his career. He should raise his bar, but hey, that's why he's not a winner, that's why he's a beta dog, not an alpha

#6806 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,217 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:26 PM

Three Teams You're Out!

Edited by Mr Terrific, July 06, 2013 - 12:27 PM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#6807 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Josh Smith to the pistons now so hah [expletive] you Dwight. The Rockets won't even contend this season

#6808 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,911 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:53 PM

So they basically have Harden, Dwight and Parsons.

Golden State matches up.
Thunder match up.
Clippers match up.
Spurs match up.

2nd round exit. Good job Dwight. Go win your ring.
iyjywo.jpg

#6809 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:59 PM

Golden State matches up.
Thunder match up.
Clippers match up.
Spurs match up.

Pretty much, even Grizz still have their team intact aside from the big coaching change. Never know Portland if they can increase, all in all our Western conference is still intact. Although the top 4 in the East are very stacked compared to our top 4.

#6810 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 06, 2013 - 01:00 PM

I'm not even mad that he left, just pissed off that he strung us along. Why even agree to a trade in the first place if you had no intentions of sticking with us for the long haul? And why go through this mini-Decision crap when you've had 3 full months to think it over?

It's whatever though. I thought he'd stay here and we'd be able to mold him into a more serious player (because we weren't going to win anything with him until that happened), but he's apparently content to play the role of frontrunner and hop ship when he gets the chance.

Wish he would have manned up and let it be known that he didn't like it here in LA instead of all that passive-aggressive bull[expletive] he's pulled the last year.

#6811 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 06, 2013 - 01:52 PM

That Chris Broussard piece on Howard (in partciular how he is the first) leaving the Lakers for Houston that's running on ESPN is frustrating and stupid, I swear Broussard has no objectivism of any player. Just an overzealous cheerleader.

#6812 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 06, 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm not even mad that he left, just pissed off that he strung us along. Why even agree to a trade in the first place if you had no intentions of sticking with us for the long haul? And why go through this mini-Decision crap when you've had 3 full months to think it over?

It's whatever though. I thought he'd stay here and we'd be able to mold him into a more serious player (because we weren't going to win anything with him until that happened), but he's apparently content to play the role of frontrunner and hop ship when he gets the chance.

Wish he would have manned up and let it be known that he didn't like it here in LA instead of all that passive-aggressive bull[expletive] he's pulled the last year.

Well before the season, LA looked like one of the top teams in the NBA. A guaranteed contender if you will. You took the equivalent of a 50 win team and added two all-stars while keeping Kobe and Gasol. Add in Jamison and Meeks, and it looked like a real winner. We know from Dwight's quote that he was only happy to come here because he thought he would ride to an easy championship. Once things started to get tough, that's when he started looking around for greener pastures. Blaming his teammates, his coach (justified), the fans, etc. How many times have you seen  him gamble for the highlight reel block and end up out of position? You always see him blame Gasol after his man scores.

"God is good, what a blessing" my ass. He's afraid of conflict and adversity, and despite his large physical body, his personality is like that little freckled bully who runs and squirms out of trouble. What you said is completely correct, but he did more than just string us along. Remember all those little hints and ads? "Together with kaj for many years to come" "All in for LA y'all" "We have many years to figure it out".

Dumb [expletive].

#6813 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,217 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:14 PM

"Put on your makeup clown!"--Kevin Garnett

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#6814 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,105 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:37 PM

Tyson Beck Designs: You can run Dwight Howard but you can't hide from Kobe Bryant doing this to you again.

994822_680347885324647_2018368836_n.jpg

#6815 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,041 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:40 PM

994822_680347885324647_2018368836_n.jpg

Gasol be like, "¡Ay, ijolé!"

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, July 06, 2013 - 04:41 PM.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#6816 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Gasol be like, "¡Ay, ijolé!"

Harden looks like such a bum. Take away that jersey and you have a homeless person.

#6817 had

had

Rookie

• 18 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:56 PM

I was on this thread yesterday afternoon as the tweets came rolling in, and I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.  I’d get to the bottom of a page of this thread, and there’d be two more pages added.  I couldn’t keep up.  Someone at some point posted: “I wish Lakers defenders moved as fast as this thread”.  It was outstanding. 

I am surprised by Howard’s decision.  I thought he’d stay.  I didn’t think the Lakers would win a title next year with Howard, and I believe he’s fooling himself if he thinks he’ll win a title with Houston in the short term, but I could be wrong on that (please baby Jesus don’t let me be wrong).

It seems to me that Howard is running away from Los Angeles as much as he is choosing Houston.   L.A.K.E.R, above, wrote: “I thought he'd stay here and we'd be able to mold him into a more serious player(because we weren't going to win anything with him until that happened)”.  I think that’s exactly right.  I don’t think Howard will win anywhere until he’s a more serious player, and when he was confronted with the magnitude of how much work it was going to take to get the Lakers back to championship level, and when he was confronted by Kobe Bryant, who knows exactly what it will take to get back to championship level, it was all too serious for Howard, and he bolted.

Howard says he wants to write his own story.  As if he couldn’t have done that with the Lakers.  Or maybe he felt he couldn’t climb out from under Kobe’s shadow.  Or maybe he felt too much weight carrying all the expectations of Lakers fans, Lakers legends.  Maybe it was just too much work.

Any way I look at it, it feels like he’s running away.

It sucks and it’s a little hurtful somehow, but if he is running away, then it’s best that he’s gone.

#6818 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:57 PM

Golden State matches up.
Thunder match up.
Clippers match up.
Spurs match up.

Would have added the Nuggets if they weren't getting butchered right now.

#6819 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,118 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:35 PM

Golden State matches up.
Thunder match up.
Clippers match up.
Spurs match up.

Pretty much what I said their team would be...

Thought Dwight would be smarter, Houston obviously didn't keep their word getting Smith, but now Dwight is stuck with his decision lol. Ill enjoy watching him have to play 48 mins a night along with Harden to keep that team afloat with no bench.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#6820 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:57 PM

Rockets fans are super-excited right now. In 4 months though, they will be complaining regarding the following:

1. Dwight being stripped in the paint while attempting Post moves. 
2. Dwight thinking he is Tim Duncan and making 10 foot bank shots. 
3. Hack a Dwight. 

4. Dwight mishandle a pass from Lin and Harden.

5. Dwight not taking it serious when it is time to play.

6. Dwight not making his free throws.

7. Dwight not closing out ball games.

8. Dwight complaining to getting enough touches.

9. Dwight getting McHale fired.

So true  :laughing:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users