Photo

Dwight Howard agrees to join the Houston Rockets

Dwightmare 2.0 Will he sign? Superman You cant leave us Dont do us dirty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7079 replies to this topic

• 40,378 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 11:56 PM

Dwight Howard’s 8th Baby Mama Said She Wanted Him in Houston

Did you guys see this already? Apparently Daryl Morey had his kids beg Dwight to go to Houston:

200 pg's max. Doubt there will be as much rumors this time. Dwight wont want to deal with the circus again. 

It seems like he did.

Listen , he will flirt with every potential team and Chris Broussard and Ric Bucher will report he's leaning 60% away from the lakers, but in the end, Lakers will be set up with our guy and next season will be much more fun.

If only you guys had been right.

Edited by    , July 06, 2013 - 12:05 AM.

yo.

#6782 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,252 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:04 AM

Lmfao.

qppd9e.jpg
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#6783 Rad

Rad

• 1,621 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:17 AM

Didn't know he was already hanging out with bums in houston.. oh wait, that's Harden.

#6784 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,028 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:24 AM

[expletive] Dwight. 

Unfortunately this is probably the start of dark times for us as Laker fans. The core is aging and the roster has little depth, and with the new CBA there's not a lot of flexibility. It will be tough to convince free agents to come here in 2014 with the Clippers having the same perks and a better overall team. It's a long road ahead.

I'm bummed out especially because I really wanted Kobe to get his sixth ring before he retires, or at least for the Lakers to be in contention. But I don't think it happens for the duration of his career. 

:(

#6785 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 06, 2013 - 01:10 AM

I guess we can start the rebuild sooner than we planned. 

#6786 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,291 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 06, 2013 - 01:18 AM

nxbb.png

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#6787 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,042 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 06, 2013 - 01:22 AM

At the end of the day, Howard did not really wanted to play for the Lakers. Yes, we could say because of MDA or Jim Buss. But i think he just didnt wanted the pressure to be the man of LA. There's nothing you could do about it.

If he was just more professional about his decision, then I could understand him. But with all the hoopla he created, it's hard to support him.

Edited by KarlCalaguas12, July 06, 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#6788 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 389 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 06, 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hope the fans serenade him with "coward!" in his first game back here

We should start chanting "dwight coward"

#6789 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 06, 2013 - 03:26 AM

I guess we can start the rebuild sooner than we planned.

Posted Image

#6790 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:29 AM

not sure why everyone is so mad its the front office fault for losing him.
Posted Image

#6791 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,013 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:56 AM

not sure why everyone is so mad its the front office fault for losing him.

It should be obvious

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6792 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 05:40 AM

at least we still got MDA
Posted Image

#6793 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 06, 2013 - 07:53 AM

I'm still not convinced that they really wanted him to stay. Not saying it was the right decision, just saying I'm not convinced.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#6794 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:53 AM

Quotes on why he left

http://www.hoopsworl...tled-on-houston

“I felt like Houston was the best fit for me,” Howard told HOOPSWORLD in an exclusive interview. “I felt that James and I would really have an opportunity to grow together. I felt like having a coach like Kevin McHale and having Hakeem Olajuwon, who’s in Houston, can really help me grow as a player – help me as a post player and help my overall game. It was very appealing. I felt like this was a great opportunity for me to start fresh. I’m just looking forward to this opportunity.

“Ah man, I’m very excited. I’m very excited. I’m looking forward to it. I’ve been in contact with James and we’ve just been talking about developing a good relationship so we can lead that team as far as we can. We’ve been talking about winning championships. …  Nothing is ever promised, but I feel like this is going to be a great opportunity for us to win. Playing with a guy like James and the rest of the team they have, we have a great opportunity. You only have a small window to win in the NBA. I think this gives me a good window, a good opportunity, to win. I’m going to do what I can to help this team win. I think, right now, I’m the oldest guy on the team so I’ll be the youngest veteran in the NBA. But it’s a great opportunity. Looking at this team and the team we had in Orlando, it’s a very similar team, but we’re adding a guy like James Harden to that team. It’s a great opportunity.”

After Howard made his decision, he was relieved that the process was over. While fans were sick of hearing reports related to Howard’s future, nobody was more fed up with it than Howard himself.

“I’m sick and tired of all the sources,” Howard said. “I’m sick of people coming up with stories. I mean, it’s just a blessing for me. I had the opportunity to go through all of this – go through this process – but it’s been tough. Seeing all of the stuff on the internet. Seeing stuff that the reporters are saying when it’s nowhere near true and not who I am as a person. I was perceived as someone who I’m not. It hurt a lot. It really hurt a lot. But the only thing now is to move forward. I have an opportunity to get past all of that and I’m looking forward to it. This summer has been great. I’ve gotten away from everything this summer. I didn’t pay attention to anything that was being put out there on T.V. I had to hear about it, but I didn’t focus on any of that stuff. I focused on getting better. I’m just looking forward to the next half of my career.

“Now, I’ll get a chance to just put down the hammer somewhere and just play. There’s no more uncertainty. People don’t have to worry about anything for the next four years or say anything for the next four years. I’m just going to play and be who I am. I’ll get back everything that I lost. I’m looking forward to it.”

While Howard didn’t hide his happiness about getting a fresh start in Houston, he did express disappointment for how his stint with the Lakers went and spoke of how hard it was to leave.

“Very tough,” Howard said. “Very, very, very tough. Very, very tough. People wouldn’t understand. Walking away from them and walking away from $30 million. That shows you right there that I want to win. I want to win. Nothing else matters other than winning. I don’t think anybody would’ve ever walked away from $30 million, but I want to win. But yeah, just walking away was tough. I was walking away from six million fans. I was walking away from a storied franchise. All of that makes it tough and it makes it a really, really big risk. I learned a lot from the situation in Orlando though, when I was afraid to walk away because I didn’t want to hurt people. I was afraid to leave because everything seemed like it was great. But now, I’m doing what’s best for Dwight. People are going to be mad and upset either way, so I’d rather be happy. I want to be happy playing basketball rather than upset doing what everyone wants me to do.”

Many fans placed the blame of Howard’s departure on Kobe Bryant’s shoulders after reports surfaced that he challenged Howard during the Lakers’ meeting. Rather than delivering an affectionate message like Mitch Kupchak, Steve Nash, Jeanie Buss and many others associated with the Lakers, Bryant reportedly told Howard that he had to “learn how it’s done first, and I can teach you here.” However, Howard defended Bryant and gave a different version of the events.

“He didn’t say anything of that sort,” Howard said of Bryant. “People twisted a lot of stuff that he said. But in my personal opinion, I’m a winner. I’m a winner because I’ve been playing for nine years when the average career for an NBA player is three years. I’m a winner because I made it to the NBA from a small school in Atlanta, GA, with 16 people in a class. I’m a winner because I’m succeeding in life. I’ve had problems and I’m not better than the next man, but I’m going to push myself to be a winner when it comes to winning a championship. But he didn’t say anything like that and a lot of people twisted what he did say.”

Fans in Los Angeles wondered if Howard would have stayed had Phil Jackson been hired as the team’s head coach early in the 2012-13 season rather than Mike D’Antoni. Howard confirmed that he never truly fit in D’Antoni’s system and hinted that Jackson in L.A. may have changed things.

“Well, I asked to have him as my coach earlier in the year,” Howard said, followed by a long pause before changing the topic. “The best decision for me was to do what’s best for Dwight. I think this is the best thing for me. This wasn’t a decision about anybody else. I didn’t have anybody pushing me to do anything. This is what Dwight wanted.”

Now, Howard will sign his contract with the Rockets on July 10, once the league’s moratorium ends. The anonymous sources will go away, the media will move on to other free agents and basketball will once again be his primary focus. He’ll be healthy and free of distractions while having a prominent role in a system that fits his game alongside one of the best scorers in the league.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#6795 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:56 AM

Jodie meeks gets major props...

#6796 Turbo

Turbo

Rookie

• 97 posts
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:18 AM

I'll bet Dwight's so happy, he can't contain his excitement, singing that new Demi Lovato song:

#6797 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'm still not convinced that they really wanted him to stay. Not saying it was the right decision, just saying I'm not convinced.

It's weird because firing d'antoni would have been THAT easy. But they didn't and I don't buy pride

Jeanie and Phil not showing up to the meeting? Weird

Billboards? Don't cost much, especially when AEG, TW, and you are a billion dollar franchise

So you wonder. Did they really go all in? Or were they just willing to have him back?
Posted Image

#6798 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,035 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:58 AM

"@Jmeeks20: Woww! I don't even have an instagram. Whoever that is needs to stop it!! #peoplethesedays"

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#6799 Lakers96

Lakers96

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:07 AM

I guess Dwight and Daryl can relate with having 100 kids.

#6800 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,035 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Dwight Howard is the Rockets youngest player, and he is only 27.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users