• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7079 replies to this topic

#6741 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,136 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:29 PM

I find it funny that dwight really thinks hes gonna pull a lebron. i mean in no way is the current rockets team better than the heat, Warriors(now with iggy), Thunder, nets, Bull(if rose comes back to normal). I see them being like Memphis  A decent team that will never go past the conference championship. 

Welcome to Orlando Houston

#6742 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:31 PM

No one's mentioned this, but OKC is to blame for this as well for trading Harden to the Rockets last offseason. Dwight would have NEVER considered the Rockets otherwise.

Edited by LakersChamps243, July 05, 2013 - 08:32 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#6743 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,948 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:32 PM

^Again, that's the only excuse Dwight has. Nothing else. Everything else is on him. If he can't welcome the challenge of playing in Los Angeles, with the Lakers, and arguably the GOAT in Kobe then bye bye. 

I agree. Not everything is a hand out. You don't get to become a Laker and things magically fall in place to your likings and you win a championship. If you become a Laker, you better work your ass off no matter what obstacle is in the way.

I wish Dwight the best of luck in HOU... he is going to need it.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#6744 Turbo

Turbo

Rookie

• 97 posts
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:32 PM

I saw the movie, but what do you mean by that reference?

That Shaq beats the crap out of him and breaks his neck w/ criticism

#6745 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,318 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:33 PM

In other words, he would have been happy to be a Laker right off of our 2010 championship, or in a few years once we are back in contention.

I guess we know what's gonna happen in his NEXT free agency period then especially if he doesn't win a ring in the next 4 years.

"DWIGHT WANTS TO COME BACK TO THE LAKERS!    Dwight: I am ready now!"

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#6746 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,394 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Knew it! thats why i went to the movies instead of waiting on here

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#6747 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:38 PM

So LeBron 2014? lol.

#6748 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:42 PM

I agree. Not everything is a hand out. You don't get to become a Laker and things magically fall in place to your likings and you win a championship. If you become a Laker, you better work your ass off no matter what obstacle is in the way.

I wish Dwight the best of luck in HOU... he is going to need it.

I don't hate him but it's kind of hard to wish him luck 

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#6749 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,136 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:45 PM

So LeBron 2014? lol.

I really dont see him coming here.

#6750 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,136 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:46 PM

Btw anyone who does an appreciation thread should be banned.

#6751 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,328 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:48 PM

He'll never say that the pitch was wrong...only that Dwight couldn't handle it.

People with extreme narcissistic personalities have an inability to admit fault.

Omg stfu about Kobe already. You're entirely wrong. Dwight himself said it had nothing to do with Kobe. Which should be obvious by now. We do not know what was said or how it was said

ap1.png

#6752 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,318 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:01 PM

Charles Barkley blasts Dwight Howard with some real zingers on NBA TV. Doubts mental toughness, reputation, more:

Some quotes from Charles Barkley on NBA TV about Dwight Howard:

--"To get his reputation back, he has to win a championship.''

--"I was very disappointed with his mental makeup watching it from a distance this season.''

--"I didn't think he was going to stay in L.A.''

--"From a psychological standpoint, I'm not sure he has the mental toughness to be a franchise player.''

--"I don't think from a mental toughness makeup Dwight could have handled being the man in L.A.''

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:02 PM

Btw anyone who does an appreciation thread should be banned.

manaro better be careful.

yo.

#6754 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Well, Dwight's quotes were consistent with what I think the Lakers' major issues were to retaining him: MDA and roster.

I think it was the Lakers' decision ultimately that they weren't going to try to appease him. They wanted him back, but only on their kind of team. I hope it was because they didn't believe he was worth building everything around, and not that their so locked into MDA and that brand of basketball. I disagree with the call even if it were the former, but at least they wouldn't be locked into a losing system.

Posted Image

#6755 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,318 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:07 PM

He also said Kobe never said "teach you how to be a winner"

DH: “He didn’t say anything of that sort. People twisted a lot of stuff that he said. But in my personal opinion, I’m a winner. I’m a winner because I’ve been playing for nine years when the average career for an NBA player is three years. I’m a winner because I made it to the NBA from a small school in Atlanta, GA, with 16 people in a class. I’m a winner because I’m succeeding in life. I’ve had problems and I’m not better than the next man, but I’m going to push myself to be a winner when it comes to winning a championship. But he didn’t say anything like that and a lot of people twisted what he did say.”

And says that leaving LA proves he wants to win

DH: “Very tough. Very, very, very tough. Very, very tough. People wouldn’t understand. Walking away from them and walking away from $30 million. That shows you right there that I want to win. I want to win. Nothing else matters other than winning. I don’t think anybody would’ve ever walked away from $30 million, but I want to win. But yeah, just walking away was tough. I was walking away from six million fans. I was walking away from a storied franchise. All of that makes it tough and it makes it a really, really big risk. I learned a lot from the situation in Orlando though, when I was afraid to walk away because I didn’t want to hurt people. I was afraid to leave because everything seemed like it was great. But now, I’m doing what’s best for Dwight. People are going to be mad and upset either way, so I’d rather be happy. I want to be happy playing basketball rather than upset doing what everyone wants me to do.”

#6756 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,136 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:12 PM

DH: “He didn’t say anything of that sort. People twisted a lot of stuff that he said. But in my personal opinion, I’m a winner. I’m a winner because I’ve been playing for nine years when the average career for an NBA player is three years. I’m a winner because I made it to the NBA from a small school in Atlanta, GA, with 16 people in a class. I’m a winner because I’m succeeding in life. I’ve had problems and I’m not better than the next man, but I’m going to push myself to be a winner when it comes to winning a championship. But he didn’t say anything like that and a lot of people twisted what he did say.”

Hmmm not sure if you are a winner dwight

#6757 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 778 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:13 PM

He wants to be happy. Well, you can't be always happy at work. That's why its called work. 

#6758 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:17 PM

1. Whoop de doo, congratulations Dwight. He sounds like that kid who insists it's never his fault when he gets in trouble. So by his definition, anybody that stays in the league longer than three years is a winner? 

2. No, you made it into the NBA because you were gifted with incredible physical ability, not because you overcame the adversity of a small school. God forbid, the people who actually came from bad situations (Luol Deng) must have had it easy.

#6759 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,318 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:19 PM

When he says stuff like that it makes me feel like it doesn't even matter if we'd gotten Phil or not in terms of his decision.

When he says stuff like (2-3 years from now would be the perfect time(to be a Laker)) it makes me feel like, all that other stuff wouldn't have mattered unless we'd won a championship this year.

Maybe the Lakers knew it too.

Edited by Majesty, July 05, 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#6760 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,093 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:21 PM

He wants to be happy. Well, you can't be always happy at work. That's why its called work. 

How the hell you gonna be happy $30 Million Dollars poorer with a bad back?

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users