Dwight Howard agrees to join the Houston Rockets

Dwightmare 2.0 Will he sign? Superman You cant leave us Dont do us dirty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7079 replies to this topic

#41 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,666 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 30, 2013 - 02:58 PM

Lemme guess... 300 pages? 450 maybe? Who knows?

#42 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:03 PM

Lol
Nothing will beat that legendary thread!!! We hit over 1000 pages lol... Shoulda just bumped thAt one and continued on hahaha
Laker fan for life.

#43 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,529 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:33 PM

Make your picks when hes getting signed here: http://lakernation.c...-signed-thread/

#44 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,529 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:34 PM

Lol
Nothing will beat that legendary thread!!! We hit over 1000 pages lol... Shoulda just bumped thAt one and continued on hahaha

WC was saying it might crash the servers. 

#45 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 04:56 PM

WC was saying it might crash the servers. 

hahaha

Good times good times. I remember how happy we were then like we knew we were gonna be great. What a dissapointing season. If Howard leaves thatll be the final blow to a terrible terrible season. 

Laker fan for life.

#46 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:15 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-004806650.html

Kobe Bryant doesn't want Lakers to break up team; Dwight Howard demands space in making his pick
3 hours ago

201304282059755797214-p2.jpegKobe Bryant doesn't want to see major changes to the Lakers' roster for next season. (AP)

LOS ANGELES – Kobe Bryant wants Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol back with the Los Angeles Lakers next season. He says he "would really love" to see that happen and believes there will be a title reward in the end.

"I'm sure I'll talk to Jimmy and I'm sure I'll talk to Jeanie as well, the Buss family, and figure out what we need to do," Bryant told reporters Tuesday. "It's obviously a lot on the table for them with the [financial] penalties and so forth. It's a tough call to make. But then again, it's one more year, one more year. That's how I look at it.

"One more year. I don't know how I'm going to suit up and my contract is up after next year. Pau is done after next year. Hopefully, we get Dwight locked up so he's here for a while so the future is kind of set and take a crack at this thing."

Bryant's wishes are easier said than done.201304301648605100388-p2.jpgAn exit from Los Angeles could cost Dwight Howard up to $30 million. (AP)

Howard will be an unrestricted free agent this summer and is expected to be courted by the Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and his hometown Atlanta Hawks. Gasol said that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told him during his exit meeting Tuesday that he could be moved in the offseason. ("I'd prefer to stay, but I'm prepared if I'm not," Gasol said.) Bryant will be returning from a torn left Achilles injury that cut his season short, and expects to be ready for the season-opener.

[Related: Rockets' Patrick Beverley embraces villain role in return to OKC]

The Lakers have potentially seven free agents in Howard, forwards Metta World Peace (player option) Earl Clark, Antawn Jamison and Devin Ebanks, and guards Andrew Goudelock and Darius Morris. The Lakers also have an amnesty provision available.

"Yes, it's true that Kobe would like to keep the team together," Kupchak said. "But a lot of the players are free agents. They are going to have a say in this as well. Whatever we choose to do, if a player decides to go somewhere else that's not possible."

The Lakers entered the season with championship dreams after adding Howard and Steve Nash, but it went downhill from almost the start. Los Angeles endured an early season coaching change, the death of its owner, bad chemistry, struggles with coach Mike D'Antoni's offense, poor defense and major injuries to every starter. The Lakers finished the regular season 45-37 record, but were 20-8 after the All-Star game. Los Angeles earned the Western Conference's seventh playoff seed before being swept by the San Antonio Spurs in the first round.

Howard declined to address if a pay cut would play in his free agency decision. The Lakers can pay Howard more than anyone else with a five-year, maximum $117.9 million contract. He would take a pay cut with a four-year, $87.6 million max deal if he went elsewhere.

Howard said he loved the city of Los Angeles, but added it can be difficult to be a Laker when things are bad. He asked that his ability to make a free-agent decision be respected without pressure, a curious request considering Bryant said he will lobby Howard to stay long term. No major Lakers free agent has ever departed.

[Related: Pau Gasol working on photography book]

"I'm just going to get away," Howard said. "I think that I should be a professional and not let anybody make the decision because this decision is for myself, and myself only. Making a decision like this, you don't want to make it off emotion or what other people are saying."

Bryant predicts a Howard return.

"I hope he [returns]," Bryant said. "It's just a matter of what he feels in his heart and what he wants to do. He kind of has reached a crossroads in his career. I think Los Angeles is a perfect spot for him to assert himself and put his foot down and have his career really take off and be what it should be. There is no better place for centers to be than Los Angeles.

"I will talk to him. Bring him out to the house, chill with him a little bit and watch another cartoon movie or something. We'll have a good time."

Laker fan for life.

#47 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:20 PM

I respect Kobe, but there is no way he actually wants this team back next season as is. He most likely said that because it was the right thing to say. He most likely told Mitch to ship out everyone not named Dwight.

#48 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,084 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:14 PM

I respect Kobe, but there is no way he actually wants this team back next season as is. He most likely said that because it was the right thing to say. He most likely told Mitch to ship out everyone not named Dwight.

He said mostly everyone.

I'm pretty sure the only people Kobe would do without is Duhon and Ebanks if he had his choice. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#49 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,103 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 01, 2013 - 12:10 PM

He just said the core.
Posted Image

#50 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,028 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:28 PM

Doctor determined Dwight won't need surgery to treat torn labrum on right shoulder

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#51 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,529 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:08 PM

^ great news

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,084 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:10 PM

Wondertful news!!! :D

#53 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:49 PM

Very good news. I FULLY expect Dwight to work hard all Summer getting in even better shape and possibly working on his game. He claims that he wants to develep a game outside of the post. Not so sure that is a good idea, but I applaud him.

#54 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 934 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm not so crazy about a team built around Dwight. Especially how I seen him play against old man Duncan. I am with Shaq and Barkley on that one. Should have put up 30 and 20 a game. 17 and 10 are Pau numbers. Dwight is supposed to be the franchise.

#55 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,349 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm not so crazy about a team built around Dwight. Especially how I seen him play against old man Duncan. I am with Shaq and Barkley on that one. Should have put up 30 and 20 a game. 17 and 10 are Pau numbers. Dwight is supposed to be the franchise.

The problem is, that we dont really have a choice. If we move on with this team without Dwight, we are not even going to make the playoffs next season, in which case we might as well try to bottom out in the loaded 2014 nba draft. 

Also, Dwight's defense alone is worth a max deal. He just needs to realize that it's his defense that makes him great and not his offense. Once he realize that and we build our team around him, with that in mind, we'll be successfull. 

It's easy:

1.Fire MDA,

2. Hire Phil or Brain Shaw,

3. Sign Dwight,

4. Use mini-midlevel and vets min to get 2-3 perimeter defenders/3pt specialsts

5. Get rid of all the players that isn't needed. 

It's not that difficult. 

#56 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,529 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:43 PM

Dwight putting up 20/10+ is perfect. 30/20 is not a realistic thing. When did shaq ever get 30/20? He may have averaged 30 but never close to 20 rebounds. The highest he ever did in playoffs was 15. Also shaq was expected to be the defensive anchor like dwight has had to be. He is contesting every rebound and still averaged 11+ rebounds a game. Its hard to get a rebound when you are out of positon contesting a shot. 

Dwight isnt shaq. He never will be. Shaq was a freak of nature. Dwight doesnt have his size so there is no way he could be shaq. Dwight will never average above 25 points. But what dwight does that shaq can't is play extremely dominate defense. Thats what makes dwight a true superstar. To get 20/12 in a season and play the best defense in the league is an amazing thing to have. 

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,084 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 05:16 AM

Isn't it hilarious that people forget that Dwight averaged 27/15 for the entire month of March when he was finally as healthy as he was gonna get?

#58 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,542 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted May 02, 2013 - 06:54 AM

Shaq played with a young Kobe and some great shooters. He wasn't triple teamed so frequently like Dwight was. He had all day on the block, he could put the ball on the floor a couple times, shoulder fake, pump fake, and still have time to go up. In addition Shaq was just way better than Dwight, but still, Dwight was playing one-on-five this season in the playoffs. There were times when the players on the court with him were Morris, G-Lock, MWP, and Jamison. Replace Dwight with Shaq on that team and we still would've got whooped.

#59 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,349 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 02, 2013 - 07:17 AM

How about going in another direction: Sign-and-trade Howard to the Clippers for Blake Griffin and Eric Bledsoe?

#60 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 934 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Isn't it hilarious that people forget that Dwight averaged 27/15 for the entire month of March when he was finally as healthy as he was gonna get?

Dwight averaged 17/15 in march...

Ladies and gentleman, you just witnessed what is to come in the Dwight Era. No kobe. This was Dwight's opportunity to show us what our future looked like. We didn't win one game in the playoffs, not one. Heck we didn't even have a chance in any of them.

Edited by MrRJ, May 02, 2013 - 08:15 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users