TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:16 AM

No state tax >>>

and dwight can careless about the money. He wants them rings and the best team to get him their presently and future-wise is Houston.

Look at who's the coach for goodness sake....its KEVIN MCHALE! One of the best big men we had in our league. You think he would want to be coached by MDA, a coach that has a system that doesn't revolve around the center, but instead focusing on shooting over 100 shots a game to outscore the other team?

Edited by TheOriginalCZM, May 23, 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#462 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,224 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:20 AM

In all honestly I wouldn't be mad if he went too Houston, as of RIGHT NOW it's his best option that unless Phil returns 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#463 Nightmare

Nightmare

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:30 AM

Great post.

Imo, the most important thing is that in 2014 if they have Dwight the Lakers are primed to make a move that will keep them in championship contention for 3 or 4 of the next 5 years in free agency.

No other team can make that boast.   Most other teams(including the Rockets) will be in "stuck" mode after the first year.

The FA list doesn't really look all that great if Bosh and LeBron stays in Miami which they probably will. Dirk isn't leaving Dallas. Who are we going to sign that will put us in serious contention?

#464 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:32 AM

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Dwightmare

D'Antoni...mare

Pau Gasol is GONE

#465 evil Monkey

evil Monkey

Rookie

• 418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:34 AM

It's so simple: hire Phil and placate to Dwight/everyone else begging for him. 

We'll win a championship before KB retires and everyone will be happy, besides Jim Buss.

Posted Image

L.E.G.I.T.

#466 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Honestly, even if the Lakers get Phil back...for some reason i still believe he will sign with another team...given the thought that we bring back everyone for another run...we may make some tweaks here in there but i don't think Phil just himself wiill be enough the entice D12 to resigning. Here you have Kobe Bryant that's coming off an Achillies injury so you really don't know far his production is going to drop, Steve nash is going to be 41 years old...enough said on that, Pau Gasol....shows signs here and there but on the other hand MDA still haven't found a way to play him and Howard effectvely. Everyone else is questionable.

Edited by TheOriginalCZM, May 23, 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#467 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:40 AM

Honestly, even if the Lakers get Phil back...for some reason i still believe he will sign with another team...given the thought that we bring back everyone for another run...we may make some tweaks here in there but i don't think Phil just himself wiill be enough the entice D12 to resigning. Here you have Kobe Bryant that's coming off an Achillies injury so you really don't know far his production is going to drop, Pau Gasol....shows signs here and there but on the other hand MDA still haven't found a way to play him and Howard effectvely. Everyone else is questionable.

I respectfully disagree with you on that. 

Dwight Howard has always wanted to be coached by Phil.  It was because of him that Buss and Mitch even met with Phil after Brown was fired. 

Phil's more than enough to keep Dwight here.  I'm 99.9% sure of that based off what we know between those two.  I mean they even texted each other through out the season.  Dwight knows that Phil's offense centers around the post, that's what he wants in an offense. 

#468 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:42 AM

I wonder if Mitch is playing up to Dwight? Ya know Dwight is always changing his mind...what if Mitch fires MDA now & Dwight changes his mind to LA & then back to HOU between now and July 10?? The closer to the official date I think Mitch make take this MDA/Dwight thing seriously

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#469 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:46 AM

The Lakers have to be very careful with this Dwight situation. 

Because if they keep MDA, teams like Houston can use the system and coach against the Lakers in addition to selling all the positives their respective organization has to offer. 

At least with someone like Phil Jackson, it;s very hard to speak negative about the guy that has won 11 rings and features an offense suited for big men. 

#470 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:48 AM

Okay just throwing this out there because the Warriors came up in the discussion now:

@Mark_T_Willard 1m
Via @LarryCoon, Warriors could acquire Dwight if they send at least 23 Million in salary back to Lakers in return.  Very feasible.

Now would anyone consider trading Dwight if we were able to get Klay Thompson back as the center piece? Only way I do it is if we get Thompson and Barnes in the deal.  We'd probably need to take someone like Bogut though.  

#471 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,224 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Okay just throwing this out there because the Warriors came up in the discussion now:

Now would anyone consider trading Dwight if we were able to get Klay Thompson back as the center piece? 

No, we need a defensive big we can't rely on Pau to do that 

#472 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:51 AM

No, we need a defensive big we can't rely on Pau to do that 

Right now, we aren't contending with Dwight as our defensive big.  If you can get young pieces like that, I don't think you can say no. 

Dwight can leave for nothing.  I'll take the pieces over nothing if that's the case. 

#473 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,080 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:52 AM

The Lakers have to be very careful with this Dwight situation. 

Because if they keep MDA, teams like Houston can use the system and coach against the Lakers in addition to selling all the positives their respective organization has to offer. 

At least with someone like Phil Jackson, it;s very hard to speak negative about the guy that has won 11 rings and features an offense suited for big men. 

I think they are being careful right now. They are keeping quiet about this whole situation. I don't expect them to do something until July 1st.

#474 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,224 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:54 AM

Right now, we aren't contending with Dwight as our defensive big.  If you can get young pieces like that, I don't think you can say no. 

Dwight can leave for nothing.  I'll take the pieces over nothing if that's the case. 

What if we get Phil?

#475 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

I bet he's looking at Lebron and seeing that could be him in a few years

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#476 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

I think they are being careful right now. They are keeping quiet about this whole situation. I don't expect them to do something until July 1st.

That's the problem.  If July 1st comes around and MDA is coach, Dwight's gone. 

#477 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:55 AM

What if we get Phil?

Then that's different. But if MDA is our coach? We have to look toward the future. 

#478 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,224 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:55 AM

Or around the Draft 

#479 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,224 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Then that's different. But if MDA is our coach? We have to look toward the future. 

Klay is not the future "superstar" like Dwight is tho?

#480 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,080 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 23, 2013 - 11:00 AM

That's the problem.  If July 1st comes around and MDA is coach, Dwight's gone. 

I could see both ways though. Because it is not guranteed that Dwight will resign even if they fire D'Antoni unless of course Howard told them personally to fire D'Antoni or else he will not resign. Also, Phil is not guranteed to comeback unless Howard or Lakers really persuade him to comeback.

Anyways, the Lakers management are in a difficult situation. One move can either make this Lakers team or break this Lakers team. There is a big domino effect from both sides.

Also, would Dwight resign even if Phil Jackson isn't the coach? That's why I could see why the Lakers management are looking this situation from all different angles.

I think the next coach (assuming they fire D'Antoni) is also an integral part of the process.

Edited by KarlCalaguas12, May 23, 2013 - 11:04 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users