Dwightmare 2.0 Will he sign? Superman You cant leave us Dont do us dirty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7079 replies to this topic

#4021 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:21 PM

I hear you about trying not to take everything too seriously since we'll hear all sorts of things. But, things as widely reported as that are least likely to be wrong. Even Woj reported it.

Woj reported that league execs see Houston as a front runner if I remember correctly because of d'antoni

It's probably true. But this other stuff to me isnt really widely reported. And a lot of it has had the words vibe, think, feel

Not "know"

So to me it could mean Dwight really is leaving or it could be smokescreen

I'm just not going to go up and down about it because I've seen this before too many times especially with the lakers

Kobe was going to be a clipper
Kobe was never going to play for us again
Jermain o'neal was a laker 6 times
kG was a laker 3 times
Dwight Howard was not going to get traded to the lakers

It's tough for me to really believe anything. If houston was such a slam dunk he would have chosen them already. If golden state was his desire we'd in deep talks about a sign and trade

I really beliee Dwight doesn't know where he wants to go and I believe he's in Colorado deciding and I believe these reporters don't really know what Dwight's thinking and are just going off of feelings and vibes
Posted Image

#4022 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'm just praying that I wake up to an alert saying that D'Antoni has been fired, followed by Dwight re-signing.

Or vice-versa.

#4023 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

What exactly did Woj report???

The whole entire Kobe talking to Dwight in the meeting was "Y! Sources".

I'm just mentioning that Dwight having problems with MDA and Kobe has been widely reported by many, including Woj. Because of that, I believe it.

Posted Image

#4024 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Whether he stays or go, it'll be nice to move on.

#4025 KingofKings2525

KingofKings2525

Rookie

• 34 posts
  • Fan Since:The day I was born.
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Real deal - dont try to say shaq signed with the lakers because they traded divac for kobe. NOBODY knew kobe would be this great, hence his draft spot and getting traded on draft day. Kobe had NOTHING to do with shaq coming to LA.

#4026 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:24 PM

Lol pretty crazy when you think about it...Same situation with the Nets and Lakers. Who would have thought D-Will would be the one re-signing with the Nets, and Howard would be the one NOT re-signing with the Lakers? Pretty crazy world, but the truth is that our idiotic front office forced his hand by putting their foot down, and not wavering from D'Antoni; Kobe, as well: People said/say he runs big men out of town, and to be honest, there is quite a bit of truth in that, unfortunately.

Kobe does not run big men out of town
Posted Image

#4027 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,943 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Woj reported that league execs see Houston as a front runner if I remember correctly because of d'antoni

It's probably true. But this other stuff to me isnt really widely reported. And a lot of it has had the words vibe, think, feel

Not "know"

So to me it could mean Dwight really is leaving or it could be smokescreen

I'm just not going to go up and down about it because I've seen this before too many times especially with the lakers

Kobe was going to be a clipper
Kobe was never going to play for us again
Jermain o'neal was a laker 6 times
kG was a laker 3 times
Dwight Howard was not going to get traded to the lakers

It's tough for me to really believe anything. If houston was such a slam dunk he would have chosen them already. If golden state was his desire we'd in deep talks about a sign and trade

I really beliee Dwight doesn't know where he wants to go and I believe he's in Colorado deciding and I believe these reporters don't really know what Dwight's thinking and are just going off of feelings and vibes

You make a great point I was thinking about today. If Dwight was so sure, he would have chosen by now. His indecisiveness proves that it's not a slam dunk that he's going to the Rockets, as has been reported ad nauseam.

#4028 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Kobe, as well: People said/say he runs big men out of town, and to be honest, there is quite a bit of truth in that, unfortunately. 

Unless they're from Spain.

#4029 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:27 PM

Shaq ran himself out of town over his own ego.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#4030 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,244 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:28 PM

I swear if MDA wants to reunite with Lin and Jim Buss and Mitch agree to a sign and trade to bring over Lin I will flip

#4031 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,537 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:31 PM

I'm hearing as of 11pm pacific..LA thinks he's gone, almost 100%. While Howard could indeed have an epiphany..it's not looking good. Either way, we're coming to the end here shortly.

This is from a guy on LG that a lot of people vouch for. 

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#4032 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:31 PM

Real deal - dont try to say shaq signed with the lakers because they traded divac for kobe. NOBODY knew kobe would be this great, hence his draft spot and getting traded on draft day. Kobe had NOTHING to do with shaq coming to LA.

Uh...

1) I didn't say Shaq came to LA ALL because of the trade landing Bryant.  I said that he knew Kobe Bryant would help the team become even better than the 53 wins they compiled the previous season (which I figured you would ignore, and you certainly did not fail me there).

2) The Kobe/Divac trade actually DID become part of the reason why Shaq came over, because it did two things: gave LA the money to get the signing done, and it also gave Shaq the center position all to himself.

3) NOBODY knew Kobe was going to be great?  Do you know a guy named Jerry West, by any chance?  Yeah, he's the one that also spoke to Shaq, and he did mention Kobe Bryant, and what he thought of him (West thought Kobe was a potential superstar player, after he was working over NBA talent in pre-draft play).

#4033 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:32 PM

Blah, blah, blah.

100% of this is speculation from everyone. If they get you to quote them, follow them or drop their name, their job is done.

#4034 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:33 PM

People forget all of the times Dwight talked about a future with the lakers during the season. All of the times he said stuff like "we'll fix this going forward" I remember one quote saying "we'll build on this as we go" or something like that

He met with Mitch several times before his meetings with the other teams, several times. Met with Mitch the saturday and right before his meeting with the rockets

To me that's not the sign of someone ready to bolt so easily unless someone knocks his socks off

So the question is did anyone or is he just taking the time on a big life decision
Posted Image

#4035 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:34 PM

Breaking: Dwight prefers waffles over pancakes. But I wouldn't be surprised if he chose pancakes for breakfast

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#4036 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Dwight Howard is 50/50 on his decision making so anything can happen.

@ForrestGumpMy momma always said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."'

2f0gxc.jpg

Edited by Jee, July 05, 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#4037 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 536 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm just happy it's nearly over and we can move forward!

#4038 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hmm not good. :( might be a sad day in LA after all when was the last time a big free agent LEFT LAL??? Ill be shocked. 

Laker fan for life.

#4039 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

This is from a guy on LG that a lot of people vouch for.

Oh the annual guy from said website that people can vouch for

People with real secret information don't give it on websites unless they have some reason

Why?

Because anyone can track an ip address and find out where you're from and in turn who you are

I remember posting something from realgm

A Houston fan who everyone and I mean everyone vouched for

He said the lakers were doing a 3 way deal with orlando and Houston for Dwight going to LA

Well obviously that was BS
Posted Image

#4040 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

People forget all of the times Dwight talked about a future with the lakers during the season. All of the times he said stuff like "we'll fix this going forward" I remember one quote saying "we'll build on this as we go" or something like that

He met with Mitch several times before his meetings with the other teams, several times. Met with Mitch the saturday and right before his meeting with the rockets

To me that's not the sign of someone ready to bolt so easily unless someone knocks his socks off

So the question is did anyone or is he just taking the time on a big life decision

I also recall in his press cofrence last summer where he said that Mitch walked him down the aisle and pointed to all the Lakers greats jerseys and told him how he (Mitch) wanted to see his up there. So obviously Dwight Mitch's comments, or he wouldnt have said that.

Edited by Jackson, July 04, 2013 - 10:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users