Off The Bench

• 1,844 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:36 PM

If the Lakers take back Lin and Asik I'll throw up. Such a horrible trade

#3962 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,185 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Don't you just freaking LOVE how they BREAK all these "DWIGHT IS OBVIOUSLY LEAVING" stories

Then about 1 hour later go "But I won't be surprised if he stays in LA!"

They know just as much as we do and are guessing with the rest.  

It's just like someone saying

"I think this team will beat this team in the playoffs...but I'd like to be wrong cause the other team can win"

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2013 - 09:38 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#3963 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,844 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:37 PM

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. No one knows for sure if he's gone yet. Stein and Shelburne didn't say anything we already didn't know. It would be dumb of the Lakers not to think of something IF Dwight left. You don't just not make plans like Cleveland did in 2010.

#3964 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,304 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:38 PM

If the Lakers take back Lin and Asik I'll throw up. Such a horrible trade

Mitch aint dumb

EyMlHkX.jpg

#3965 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Not quite sure how the Lakers are losing confidence when Dwight hasn't said a damn thing. Either Dwight is quietly speaking with other teams or they're believing a lot of the reports. Who really knows at this point. I know my family and friends are praying he stays because I'll be choking some [expletive]es if he leaves.

#3966 Lakers96

Lakers96

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thompson Barnes with a 1st is a must and instantly reloads the team.

#3967 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

The Lakers are preparing for the worst?

They must have been preparing for a while because D'Antoni is the head coach of this fine organization.

#3968 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 407 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Definitely would rather Bogut and Klay/Barnes than Asik and Lin. Dont like the look of Asik and Lin's contracts at all. At least with Bogut its an expiring contract and Barnes is a young player we can develop.
For sure but I'd love to get both Barnes and Thomp instead of Bogut.

We need bogut to make the money work. They just tell gs "hey you can either give us bogut, klay, and barnes or you willlose out on the best center in the league to another team" put pressure on gs to make that trade. Klay and barnes are on rookie contracts and are cheap. Bogut is an expiring. We can make a new big 3 next year since the only people on contract would be barnes, klay, and nash. amnesty nash and then you only have about 5 million on the books. Re sign kobe. Go for melo or bron. Sign john wall. If gasol wants to come back on a cheap contract then let him.
Line up
Wall/?
Kobe/klay
Barnes/?
Melo/?
Gasol/?

That starting five is amazing. Klay as a sixth man manu ginobli type would be nice. Use any extra money or mle to sign some bench players. I'm pretty sure players would take paycuts to come play for a contender like they did for miami.

#3969 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,185 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:40 PM

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. No one knows for sure if he's gone yet. Stein and Shelburne didn't say anything we already didn't know. It would be dumb of the Lakers not to think of something IF Dwight left. You don't just not make plans like Cleveland did in 2010.

The media is gonna try to break the story as "Dwight is leaving!!!" Rather than "Mitch has a backup plan if Dwight leaves"

Does anyone here remember Mitch saying that the Lakers had a Plan B?  That Plan B wasn't as good as plan A but if Dwight left they'd go to Plan B.

What do you think Plan B was?  Sign and Trade.   

Again, they break the story as if it's obvious Dwight is leaving and then they re-nig on it an hour later with a "But don't count LA out" story so they absolve themselves of looking like idiots if Dwight stays.

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#3970 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,554 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Still 100% Confident. Media is basically pulling out the smokescreen for D12 to sign with the Lakers IMO. This happened last year with the Nets. All of the sudden, boom, Dwight to the Lakers

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#3971 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Thompson Barnes with a 1st is a must and instantly reloads the team.

Doing that would basically eliminate Dwight's desire to go to GS in the first place though lol

#3972 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

If he wants to leave, get whatever assets you can for him. It's that simple.

Lakers weren't going to win next year, with or without Dwight, so the worst case scenario is we are simply worse than expected.

Get a high draft pick, go after free agents, and reload the purple and gold. Be back in a season or two and show Dwight he made a mistake.

Like I already said, I want Dwight to stay but if he wants to go elsewhere, then bye. I'm a fan of the Lakers, not a single player. We have a history of legendary players but we've won 16 titles by having great teams and players who were great and respected what our franchise is about.

#3973 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Even if Dwight doesn't return, I hope that Mitch and Jim go into a panic frenzy and fire D'Antoni in hopes to change Dwight's mind.

At least that way one of our problems will be resolved.

#3974 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Not quite sure how the Lakers are losing confidence when Dwight hasn't said a damn thing. Either Dwight is quietly speaking with other teams or they're believing a lot of the reports. Who really knows at this point. I know my family and friends are praying he stays because I'll be choking some [expletive]es if he leaves.

Stein just said he's getting that vibe not that he actually knows

The other thing he said is that he doesn't think that mitch would be against sign and trades because he's too smart to not have a contingency plan

Basically he didn't say anything new really, only that LA would be open to sign and trades if it got to that point
Posted Image

#3975 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Still 100% Confident. Media is basically pulling out the smokescreen for D12 to sign with the Lakers IMO. This happened last year with the Nets. All of the sudden, boom, Dwight to the Lakers

If the Nets weren't stupid and traded for Joe Johnson they could possibly have Dwight

Posted Image

#3976 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:43 PM

^^ agree

He is staying

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3977 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,185 posts

Stein just said he's getting that vibe not that he actually knows

The other thing he said is that he doesn't think that mitch would be against sign and trades because he's too smart to not have a contingency plan

Basically he didn't say anything new really, only that LA would be open to sign and trades if it got to that point

Plan B

What did they expect the Lakers to say?  

To me "if Dwight left, Mitch would obviously have to explore all options and all options include sign and trades" 

doesnt equal "Lakers acknowledge Dwight is leaving.  Open to sign and trades now. Get em while you can"

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#3978 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,554 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

If the Nets weren't stupid and traded for Joe Johnson they could possibly have Dwight

you missed my point.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#3979 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:44 PM

LINK

Drama is irresistible to both the media and the average fan. Based on Dwight's track record and perceived personality, people WANT him to leave LA and go somewhere else to "greener pastures". He'll be the media's punching bag and spit receptacle to generate views. Nothing is exciting about Dwight staying in LA, that was last year. Think about the potential headlines:

"Are the Rockets the NBA's Latest Superteam?"  "Can Howard be this team's Olajuwon?" "How this Rockets/Warriors team stacks up against the Heat Gods"   "Kobe Vows Revenge"  "Dwight: I Wanted Out from Day 1"   "Dwight Ready for Multiple Championships"

If/when Houston doesn't fulfill expectations:

"Dwight Howard or Dwight Coward?"   "Leaving the Lakers: Mistake?"   "Dwight Wants Out of Houston"   "James Harden: This is My Team"   etc. etc.

It's a smorgasbord of delicious headlines and drama.

#3980 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,304 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:44 PM

Bogut will have to be included to make the money add up. Plus he has an expiring contract which works well for signing free agents in 2014. Getting both Barnes and Thompson would be perfect. Hard to pull off though.

Side note, who's the chick in your avi? Haha.

I guess, but we should find a third team for Bogut.

Chick in the avi is Sabine Jemeljanova

EyMlHkX.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users