Dwightmare 2.0 Will he sign? Superman You cant leave us Dont do us dirty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7079 replies to this topic

#3941 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Was at the park today and I tried to see the latest news.......Is GS the front-runner?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3942 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,382 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:29 PM

LA has been bracing for the worst since day 1. That's called being smart. I don't think that's groundbreaking

It'd be stupid to think LA hasnt had a contingency plan from the beginning

Obviously they are gonna break the story to try to act as if the Lakers are conceiting.  When in reality they've been dealing with S&T offers from Houston as far back as 2 weeks ago and Golden State's only option would be a Sign and Trade.   Acknowledging today that IF Dwight bolted they'd have to explore sign and trades opened the flood gates of reporters going LAKERS READY FOR SIGN AND TRADES! KNOW DWIGHT IS LEAVING!!!   Meanwhile they didn't say they would.  They said if Dwight bolted they'd have to.   Which is the truth and smart.  But they are breaking the story in a way that makes it seem like the Lakers are 1000% conceiving that Dwight is going elsewhere despite that most likely not being the case. 

I don't know where they pulled "Dallas is now a threat" from though.

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2013 - 09:31 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3943 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Ughh a sign and trade with Houston wouldn't be too great... I just don't really like the Rockets, trading him there would make it worse imo lol

#3944 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,204 posts

Wonder where all the people now laughing and saying Peter Vecsey and Mark Heisler are just trolls and not credible at all LOL

Still here. And they are still asses and will always be asses who speak out of ther asses

Where we're you when you were telling everyone last offseason that Dwight was going to be a net and that incarcerated bob was a real news source

LOL
Posted Image

#3945 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:30 PM

Was at the park today and I tried to see the latest news.......Is GS the front-runner?

According to latest news Dwight is still undecided about where he wants to go but Lakers management felt among his indecisiveness that they have felt as low as 4th on Dwight's list and are embracing for the worst that Dwight is leaving.  As of now Houston, Mavs, and Warriors have equal chances of stealing Dwight Howard away from the Lakers. 

Posted Image

#3946 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan
  • Fan Since:2000

Definitely would rather Bogut and Klay/Barnes than Asik and Lin. Dont like the look of Asik and Lin's contracts at all. At least with Bogut its an expiring contract and Barnes is a young player we can develop.

#3947 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Unless we somehow had a team that looks like the Miami Heat within these next two years, having a big man like Asik won't lead to a championship. He's the one that bricked the critical free throws for the Bulls, and he has no offensive game. I remember all the hype about Linsanity too, and nobody thinks about that now when they see Jeremy Lin. He's viewed as a good role player, but not a game changer. 

Lin and/or Asik just seems like a terrible deal for Dwight. It would probably be better just to have the cap relief instead, unless we received two or more quality picks along with them. Barnes/Thompson would be solid because they can grow and they are cheap.

#3948 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Wonder where all the people now laughing and saying Peter Vecsey and Mark Heisler are just trolls and not credible at all LOL

They are wrong a lot, even if they are right this time. Peter Vecsey was just wrong about his tweet about Phil Jackson earlier today.

Bad reporters aren't always wrong, but they are wrong enough that you just don't trust it.

Posted Image

#3949 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,215 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:31 PM

Definitely would rather Bogut and Klay/Barnes than Asik and Lin. Dont like the look of Asik and Lin's contracts at all. At least with Bogut its an expiring contract and Barnes is a young player we can develop.

For sure but I'd love to get both Barnes and Thomp instead of Bogut.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#3950 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,456 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:31 PM

Still here. And they are still asses and will always be asses who speak out of ther asses

Where we're you when you were telling everyone last offseason that Dwight was going to be a net and that incarcerated bob was a real news source

LOL

He would've been a Net if Dwight didn't [expletive] up and opted in his contract.  Even his agent Dan Feagen was dumb founded himself why Dwight opted in.  If Dwight would've listen to Feagen Dwight is Brooklyn Net right now

Posted Image

#3951 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:32 PM

I hope this is a "the night is darkest before the dawn" kind of situation. I don't know what could be leaking from Dwight nor why it is, but I'm pretty damn sure it's not this much information where people are already digging the Lakers' grave.

#3952 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,382 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:32 PM

According to latest news Dwight is still undecided about where he wants to go but Lakers management felt among his indecisiveness that they have felt as low as 4th on Dwight's list and are embracing for the worst that Dwight is leaving.  As of now Houston, Mavs, and Warriors have equal chances of stealing Dwight Howard away from the Lakers. 

Since ESPN reported that I'd like to ask whoever that "source" is what Dallas has done to become a viable threat to drop the Lakers all the way down to 4th? :smh:

#3953 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:33 PM

I still believe and have faith he will stay.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3954 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,456 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:34 PM

Since ESPN reported that I'd like to ask whoever that "source" is what Dallas has done to become a viable threat to drop the Lakers all the way down to 4th? :smh:

ESPN has been from day 1 though been giving credit to as Dallas behind Houston to steal Dwight from the Lakers

Posted Image

#3955 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan
  • Fan Since:2000

For sure but I'd love to get both Barnes and Thomp instead of Bogut.

Bogut will have to be included to make the money add up. Plus he has an expiring contract which works well for signing free agents in 2014. Getting both Barnes and Thompson would be perfect. Hard to pull off though.

Side note, who's the chick in your avi? Haha.

#3956 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,324 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Wherever its being eaten, the Lakers need to get a piece of that pie. Whether its the Rockets gutting their depth or the Warriors trading one of their young talents, make sure NO ONE leaves the table with a superteam. 

#3957 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,382 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:35 PM

Because with the reports that Dallas is now a threat makes me think its more piling onto the molehill of the Lakers acknowledging that IF Dwight bolted that they'd have to consider sign and trades.

It seems "If Dwight left then yes Mitch would have to consider all options"  has become  "Dwight obviously leaving! Lakers have no more confidence!  Possibly behind Dallas, Houston and Golden State!  Finally weighing sign and trade options" 

I got worried for a second till I saw them throwing in Dallas and Is aid to myself "hey wait a minute... what the heck has Dallas done?"

#3958 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:36 PM

It's a lottery right now. Monkeys throwing darts at a board with a bunch of teams on them. Whichever monkey is correct gets lauded as a genius and an "insider". The Mavs have NOTHING over the Lakers. Lots of money, a bad outlook for next year (ours isn't even bad if Dwight re-signs), an aging star, the promise of cap space in 2014, and a "championship" culture. Houston and now GS are the only viable competitors against LA right now.

#3959 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,152 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Dwight's gone. Book it

#3960 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,456 posts

So much mystery surrounding Dwight now. Vibe you get is even Lakes would be surprised if he stays. Yet still so hard/weird to bet against LA

LINK

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users