#41 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 05, 2013 - 02:13 PM

It doesn't take a QB of Elway's caliber to get the job done but if you're betting the house on Tebow, then you're gonna be in football hell for a long damn time. You can't expect to have a hof'er under center every year but having Tebow play QB is pretty much a guarantee that your team isn't going to accomplish a damn thing.

What hope???? Tebow didn't do [expletive] for the Denver Broncos! What kind of QB can't even complete half of his passes? Lol. If ANY other qb pulled these kind of performances, they'd be trashed so hard but because he's a nice guy, a Christian, and he works hard...he gets a pass. That's all well and dandy but can you play QB? The resounding answer is HELL NO.

I'm pointing out that this franchise has had steak dinner before but now you're content with ham sammiches.

I understand that Denver had other playmakers but as we've seen throughout history, you gotta have at least a soild QB. Those embarrassing numbers Tebow put up is not good enough in this league...not even close. He doesn't have Urban Meyer to fall back on...he doesn't have a great SEC defense to bail him out. You gotta be able to throw in this league...PERIOD.

Has Denver fallen off that much that it takes some luck from a glorified fullback to get everyone in high spirits again? I know a long time Denver fan that would laugh (sadly) at reading this [expletive]. If Orton is trash, what do you think Tebow is? He's a landfill of epic proportions.

You don't have to be elite to win championships, you have to at least be serviceable.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#42 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 05, 2013 - 02:41 PM

Serviceable to win a chip? The last serviceable qb to win a chip was Brad Johnson, and he didnt win that team anything they had a stellar defense and their safety won the MVP of the super bowl I believe. The thing is a serviceable qb only gets the job done when you have the best defense in the league and a solid special teams with a good ground game, the league isnt like that any more. All the guys we talked about are serviceable guys I would have to say and none of them have a playoff win, but Tebow. I dont know how else to put it for you, Tebow took a team to the playoffs with 6 straight 4th quarter comebacks and beat the best passing defense in the league that year in the POST season. You can throw out all the stats you want, but what is it that every coach says when they are asked who is going to be your starting qb? They respond saying who ever gives us the best chance to win, and I feel that Tebow gives you just as good a chance to win as all those guys I mentioned earlier, and that is backed up by his W's, completion percentage doesn't win games, execution, leadership, and clutch performance wins games plain and simple. Tebow showed he has all those things and when his team needed him to he stepped up for them, the guy isnt Aaron Rodgers I get that I am not saying that, but he led his team to wins and thats a qb's job and he does that better than the other guys we have discussed.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 05, 2013 - 02:41 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#43 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 03:41 PM

That's why I said AT LEAST...the likes of which Tebow is not.

I'm a Bucs fan btw and yes our defense was awesome. Brad Johnson could at least throw the damn ball though.

Tebow didn't gain those wins by himself. He had support from a 1200 yard rusher, and solid players on defense.

The Pittsburgh game is your go to move. Why do you keep bringing that up??? He couldn't even complete half of his passes!!! Then followed that wack performance up with another stinker against a team who's defense was not as good as Pittsburgh's: 9/26, 136 yards, 35% completion...absolutely deplorable.

What you say is simply untrue. He's not a good QB and that's why he couldn't even beat Mcelroy and that's why he's not on a team now as a QB.

You're too caught up in this all you need are intangibles bull[expletive]. Completing passes doesn't win games? Lol ok. You're not doing too much execution if you can't throw.

What do coaches say? Can he throw? Can he play the QB position?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#44 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 06, 2013 - 05:47 AM

Also, Kap is LEAGUES ahead of Tebow, and its not even close. Kap runs it better than Tebow and he's also lightyears ahead as a passer. Horrible comparison.

"LEAGUES ahead"......Is he really?

2011 Tebow
14 games
Passing:
48.5 completion %

1729 Yards passing
12 TD's
Rushing:
660 yards
5.8 ypc
6 TDs

2012 Kaepernick
13 games
Passing:
59.4 completion %

1814 Yards passing
10 TD's
Rushing:
415 yards
6.6 ypc
5 TDs

And Kap has a top rated defense, one of the best offensive lines and a PB candidate running back, receiver and TE to help his cause. And the stats are comparable. So I wouldn't say Kap is leagues ahead after 1 season. See what happens next season.
Tebows problem with his 2012 stats was he was a jet for 12 games and finished the season 6-8 passing...lol.

How can we judge based on that small a sample size if he could do well again.

And remember...idgaf about Tebow and I dont want him in ATL because we dont need his ass. I'm only referring to teams with scrub QB's picking him up and giving him a shot. 

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 06, 2013 - 05:48 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#45 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted May 06, 2013 - 06:29 AM

"LEAGUES ahead"......Is he really?

2011 Tebow
14 games
Passing:
48.5 completion %

1729 Yards passing
12 TD's
Rushing:
660 yards
5.8 ypc
6 TDs

2012 Kaepernick
13 games
Passing:
59.4 completion %

1814 Yards passing
10 TD's
Rushing:
415 yards
6.6 ypc
5 TDs

And Kap has a top rated defense, one of the best offensive lines and a PB candidate running back, receiver and TE to help his cause. And the stats are comparable. So I wouldn't say Kap is leagues ahead after 1 season. See what happens next season.
Tebows problem with his 2012 stats was he was a jet for 12 games and finished the season 6-8 passing...lol.

How can we judge based on that small a sample size if he could do well again.

And remember...idgaf about Tebow and I dont want him in ATL because we dont need his ass. I'm only referring to teams with scrub QB's picking him up and giving him a shot. 

Kap's completion percentage is at 62% according to ESPN. A 10+ completion % difference is huge. And, those Broncos had great talent around Tebow too.

Posted Image

#46 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,569 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:09 AM

1st QB % are always higher when your throwing a screen pass or a out to a RB like the 9ers do

2nd who did Denver have in 2011?
http://www.pro-footb...ms/den/2011.htm

On offense the only PBer is McGahee and hes always solid

Moreno was just a rookie with 37 carries that year. he played ST.
And then they had a left tackle go to the PB.

On D they had talent with Dawkins, Dumerville, Bailey and Miller. But be real they were 24th in defense that year.

So yes Kap in 2012 would have a huge advantage over Tebow in 2011.
Alex Smith went 13-3 with this 9ers team in 2011 and 6-2 in 2012. See what Alex does next year on KC. I'm predicting 6-10 if hes lucky. Probably 4-12.

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 06, 2013 - 07:09 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#47 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,272 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:20 AM

Let's get straight to the point. If the NEW YORK JETS don't want you... you got issues at being a Quarterback  

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#48 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,569 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:40 AM

Let's get straight to the point. If the NEW YORK JETS don't want you... you got issues at being a Quarterback  

yea I guess thats a good way to look at it

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#49 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:52 AM

Kap went 19/33 on passes that traveled 20+ yards.

https://www.profootb...russell-wilson/

On passes that traveled 20-plus yards, Kaepernick was spot on. He completed 19/33 attempts for 595 yards with five touchdowns and one interception. His accuracy percentage on those longer passes ranked No. 1 in the NFL among regular quarterbacks.

That's about 58%. That's about 10% higher than Tebow's completion percentage on all passes.

Edited by Japago, May 06, 2013 - 07:53 AM.

Posted Image

#50 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,416 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 06, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Japago already taking care of business in here.

#51 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,569 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:10 AM

and 2 of his 5 linemen were in the probowl and his center was a former PBler.

Again....advantage/

By the mere fact your debating Kap and Tebow only adds credence to my point.

So there numbers are similar and Kap has a much better team around him for his 1st 13 games. Lets see what he does this season. But still, why wouldnt some scrub teams give Tebow a chance to do something.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#52 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:16 AM

and 2 of his 5 linemen were in the probowl and his center was a former PBler.

Again....advantage/

By the mere fact your debating Kap and Tebow only adds credence to my point.

So there numbers are similar and Kap has a much better team around him for his 1st 13 games. Lets see what he does this season. But still, why wouldnt some scrub teams give Tebow a chance to do something.

I'm making a point. Their numbers AREN'T similar. Tebow isn't an accurate passer. Kaepernick is.

Posted Image

#53 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,569 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:24 AM

What stats are you looking at man?
Tebos stats compared to Kap

Passing

-85 yards

+2 TDs

Rushing
+245 yards

+1 TD

Thats pretty close no matter how you spin it. And theres no question Kap had a better line, RB and receiving core. And the 49ers are usually up in score because of their defense. I'm pretty sure that evident.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#54 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:35 AM

What stats are you looking at man?
Tebos stats compared to Kap

Passing

-85 yards

+2 TDs

Rushing
+245 yards

+1 TD

Thats pretty close no matter how you spin it. And theres no question Kap had a better line, RB and receiving core. And the 49ers are usually up in score because of their defense. I'm pretty sure that evident.

Tim Tebow also passed it nearly 50 more times at a much lower completion percentage. It's easier to put up raw stats when you have the opportunity to air it out more. Kaep has been a lot more skilled with the opportunities that he had.

Tim Tebow's overall completion % was garbage, and so was his long ball passes. Those are more important.

http://www.milehighr...-tebow-analysis

Tebow's accuracy ranked 28th in the league in accuracy with only 31.7% completion percentage for passes over 20 yards.

Not to mention the difference when it came to their postseason stats. And, the fact that the Broncos had a much easier schedule that year than the 49ers did last year.

Edited by Japago, May 06, 2013 - 09:36 AM.

Posted Image

#55 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:40 AM

There are high school and college QBs better than tebow

Pau Gasol is GONE

#56 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,569 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:42 AM

well I wouldnt want either on ATL. I think their both scrubs. 
But SF doesnt need a QB. We just spent time comparing a QB on a 12-4 team to Tebow and only about 150 total yards separate the 2. So AGAIN, why would Buffalo or Jacksonville not give him a shot. The answer is what TLF said above^. And I never thought of it like that. 

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 06, 2013 - 09:43 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#57 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:53 AM

Raw yards don't say whether a QB is good or not. 5 QBs threw more yards than Peyton Manning last year. 7 threw more than Aaron Rodgers. Carson Palmer and Josh Freeman were in the top 10 and threw over 4,000 yards. Palmer would actually be higher had he not missed a game. 21 QBs threw more than RG3 and 29 threw more than Kaepernick. In Kaepernick's and RG3's cases, those would be less if you account for the fact that they didn't play all the games, but still.

Edited by Japago, May 09, 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Posted Image

#58 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 05:30 AM

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=9257751

Don't want

Pau Gasol is GONE

#59 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 02:18 PM

I think he won't be in football at all this year. I think somebody from the CFL said that he would be a back-up even there.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users