#21 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,763 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 02, 2013 - 02:12 PM

I don't know what you're watching. Tim Tebow is GARBAGE as a QB...solid player but a downright awful QB. He has a slow as [expletive] release, his footwork is pathetic.

I saw the Tebow that plays a lot better than the media talks about him. Like I said I know he isnt a good qb but there are around 10 starting qbs that are just as bad as him so he is a starting qb imo. Plenty of qbs that are out there are garbage and have a starting job, tebow is just as a viable qb as them. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#22 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 02, 2013 - 04:41 PM

Tebow couldn't throw at Florida and he damn sure can't throw in the NFL.

This is NOT about anything the media says; the fact is that he cannot make NFL throws...hell, he couldn't even make college throws. He's a Wildcat/Option type of weapon, he can do some things on ST, he's a motivator, a good person, and I respect him as a fellow Christian but when it comes to being a QB...he falls miserably short.

Name ten starting QUARTERBACKS who are worse QUARTERBACKS than Tim Tebow.

Edited by Windu, May 03, 2013 - 04:00 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#23 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,009 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted May 02, 2013 - 04:47 PM

This is NOT about anything the media says; the fact is that he cannot make NFL throws...hell, he couldn't even make college throws. He's a Wildcat/Option type of weapon, he can do some things on ST, he's a motivator, a good person, and I respect him as a fellow Christianity but when it comes to being a QB...he falls miserably short.

Tim Tebow is bad I agree, I mean I think he's better then Brady Quinn, Jack Locker, right? 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#24 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 749 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born

Posted May 03, 2013 - 12:37 AM

^^^ you mean jake locker? And no locker is better then tebow. And windu I would say Brian Skelton is worse then tebow, but not by much

#25 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,763 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 06:43 AM

This is NOT about anything the media says; the fact is that he cannot make NFL throws...hell, he couldn't even make college throws. He's a Wildcat/Option type of weapon, he can do some things on ST, he's a motivator, a good person, and I respect him as a fellow Christian but when it comes to being a QB...he falls miserably short.

Mark sanchez, ryan fitzpatrick, John skelton, blaine gabbert, christian ponder, brandon weeden, thaddius lewis, chad henne, jake locker, brady quinn, Terrelle pryor, Brian Hoyer, and David Garrard.

You cant say these are worst than tebow, but cant say they are any better either they are on the same level as tebow. They all started a game at some point last season. These guys are on the same level as tebow and none of them should be a starting qb, or at least one you would be happy with. If these guys can play in the NFL as qb tebow can as well. The only difference is tebow actually won a playoff game (other than sanchez who never actually won them a playoff game more like didnt lose them one.)

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 11:07 AM

Mark Sanchez is really bad but at the QB spot...this is a push.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown for 3000+ yards in three straight seasons. Tim Tebow has been in the league for three seasons and no one even wants him!

The most TDs Tebow has thrown in a season is 12 *giggle* and Fitzpatrick has thrown twice that amount.

You wanna talk about his time in Denver? Dude completed 47% of his passes...Do I need to elaborate on that, really? 12 TDs and under 2K passing yards? That's not a QB.

Skelton threw more yards in 8 games than Tebow did in 13!

Blaine Gabbert has been in the league for two years. Had a tough rookie year with a low completion percentage...but you know who's percentage was lower? Tim Tebow! lol

Last season, Christian Ponder completed 62% of his passes, threw for 2900 yards, 18 TDs, and 12 INTs. He's only been playing for two seasons too.

Brandon Weeden is going into his 2nd season...and he just threw for 3400 yards!

Thaddeus Lewis was undrafted outta Duke! I forgot he was in league...but even he is a better QB than Tebow. Dude comes straight from the practice squad and only has ONE game under his belt.

Look at Chad Henne's career. He may not be a solid starter in this league but he can play the position at the minimum.

I'm gonna stop there because you should get my point by now.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,763 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 11:17 AM

And tebow won a playoff game^^ you get my point now right?

You could throw out all those stats out there (none of them up there are actually any good anyway.) Against one of the best defenses in the steelers he went 10/21 with 316 yards and two td's for a playoff upset.

Again I have to say that stats dont tell a whole story you watch all those guys play that you named and you will easily be able to see that they arent anything special at the position, just fillers until a team finds their real qb, and all I am saying is that Tebow could do that just as much as they could, hell he might do it better because when he did it the broncos won a playoff game, when Orton was doing it for a few years we won crap.

I dont want my point to be misunderstood I in no way am saying that Tebow is a great option to start at qb, just that he is just as good an option as a third of the league starting qb's out there. He won games and got an average team to get a playoff win, obviously it wasnt on his shoulders alone but none of those guys listed above did that, plain and simple.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 03, 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#28 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Tebow won a playoff game? This isn't tennis.

I don't even know what you mean by those statistics aren't good. They show that Tebow sucks basically.

Mark Sanchez "led" the Jets to the AFC Championship TWICE...and we all know how good he is.

Let's not even mention the 1200 yard rusher the Broncos had but hey they did finish 31st in passing offense...probably doesn't mean anything I guess...

Remember when Tebow played against Oakland...he was 10/21 but hey they won the game!

What about the next game againt Kansas City in the so-called Tebow induced streak...he was 2/8...but hey no matter they won!

I mean did you watch those games? Do you not see how he under throws and over throws receivers? He has no touch, no accuracy, no footwork, he has a delivery of someone who has never thrown a football in his life.

I'm glad you brought up the Steelers game (10/21 is awesome btw) because without those lucky bombs to Thomas, Tebow wouldn't have even broke 150 yards passing. Well I guess since he beat the Steelers that's why he has a starting QB job now, oh wait...

I didn't say those guys were special...but it illustrates just how bad Tebow is that I can make those scrubs look like Joe Montana compared to Tim Tebow.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#29 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,763 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 01:32 PM

Tebow was the qb of a team that went to the playoffs and won a game, he did more than Kyle Orton did for the broncos and Orton had better stats than any of the guys we are talking about. Tebow brings more to the table than any of the scrubs we are comparing to him now. Dont say sanchez led them to anything I never seen that guy do anything to help the jets win, he would just do things to make sure they wouldnt lose. Those lucky bomb as you call them were dropped in on a dime where the wideout needed them to make the best play, but lets just chalk that up to luck. Might as well chalk up the catch in the '82 nfc chip game then to luck as well.

I'm not gonna break it down anymore because we obviously arent gonna see eye to eye on this, I'm just saying that there are just as questionable starting qbs out there as Tebow would be if he was a starter. He did more then all of them in one season, he was thrown to the wolves half way through and played pretty good when his team needed him to, with a system that was against him.

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 06:22 PM

Your argument is rudimentary. A QB that took a team to the playoffs...must be good then. Lol

I already broke it down for you...compared statistics of Tebow to the players you listed and you just shrug it off.

What did Tebow do for Denver???

You want to talk like Tebow got Denver in the playoffs but what were you saying when Chicago was 10-5 under Orton?

Or when Orton had Denver out to a 6-0 start in 2009?

As bad as Orton has become, Tebow doesn't even come close to his level and that's a testament to how much of a joke Tebow is at the QB position.

What does Tebow bring to the table with regards to the ability to play the QB position? If someone else had put up these sorry ass numbers and played like a high school QB, they wouldn't even get this amount of attention.

You didn't see Sanchez do anything? Lol double standard much? Here we have sorry ass Sanchez "leading" his team to the AFC championship but Tim Tebow's FIRST ROUND luck trumps that obviously. Dude had the lowest completion percentage in the NFL! lulz

You haven't even begun to break down anything. Tebow cannot play the position and it's been proven every season.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,308 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted May 03, 2013 - 10:27 PM

Who do you hate more Tebow or Pau?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 04:02 AM

I don't hate Tebow. I just don't like when some people mistakenly claim he's a good QB.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,763 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:17 AM

Your argument is rudimentary. A QB that took a team to the playoffs...must be good then. Lol

I already broke it down for you...compared statistics of Tebow to the players you listed and you just shrug it off.

What did Tebow do for Denver???

You want to talk like Tebow got Denver in the playoffs but what were you saying when Chicago was 10-5 under Orton?

Or when Orton had Denver out to a 6-0 start in 2009?

As bad as Orton has become, Tebow doesn't even come close to his level and that's a testament to how much of a joke Tebow is at the QB position.

What does Tebow bring to the table with regards to the ability to play the QB position? If someone else had put up these sorry ass numbers and played like a high school QB, they wouldn't even get this amount of attention.

You didn't see Sanchez do anything? Lol double standard much? Here we have sorry ass Sanchez "leading" his team to the AFC championship but Tim Tebow's FIRST ROUND luck trumps that obviously. Dude had the lowest completion percentage in the NFL! lulz

You haven't even begun to break down anything. Tebow cannot play the position and it's been proven every season.

You cant compare Ortons play from Chi town and denver in 09 to tebow because Tebow didnt play with those guys. Yea he started 6-0 and ended 2-8 dont leave that out.  When Orton and Tebow played for the same team, with the same guys, and the same coach Tebow did more with that team and took them to the playoffs.

You are right my argument is rudimentary, its basic is the simple fact that Tebow did more with the same team as orton and more than any of the guys that we talked about (excluding Sanchez like I said who had a top 5 defense each time they went anywhere in the playoffs) In your last post above this one ^^you said when people claim tebow is a good qb, I have been saying from the start I dont say he is a good qb, but he is as a viable option to start a game as a third of the league was last year that simple. So if your gonna call blaine gabbert a good qb, then yes I guess I am saying Tebow is good, but we both know damn well that isnt the truth. However, I'm saying that if Gabbert is the starting qb option on a team Tebow is just as good an option.

He might not be a good qb, but with all the other things he brings to the table he gives you a better chance of winning than a third of the starters did last year then yes I have to say he is the better option at qb than those guys. Point to padded stats all you want of those guys that get garbage time stats when their team is getting blown out by 20, Tebow threw on average about 200 less passes than any of those guys and if you scrap the one bad game against BUF he had he had 11 td's and only 3 int's,(12 and 6 if you count it) that is a great ratio. Better than any of the guys we already talked about. In the 4th quarter his completion jumps up 11% had 6 of his 12 passing tds in the fourth and 3 of his 5 rushing td in the fourth. So on top of playing clutch if you actually watched the game you would see that the broncos game plan would always change in the 4th because they played [expletive] foot ball the first three quarters and when they gave Tebow the offense in the fourth he ran it, and ran it well. You can pull out all the stats you want about the guy I watched the streak, every minuet of it, I know what the FO was trying to do and get Tebow out of there since he was drafted by the guys that were no longer there so they wanted to get rid of him.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 04, 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 03:13 PM

It doesn't matter that Tebow didn't play with those guys. I'm going by your premise that Tebow did more for Denver than Orton. Orton threw for 3500 yards and 20+ TDs for that team. Tebow hasn't come close to those numbers. Yeh they faced NE in the playoffs but what kind of QB goes 9/26?

Tebow was drafted for gimmicks and publicity...not to play a NFL QB. Doesn't lowest completion percentage mean anything to you? You can't be a QB (let alone a NFL QB) if you can't even complete passes and most of the time he can't even make basic NFL throws.

He was what...10/21 in that playoff win? What kinda [expletive] is that? Then he finishes with the lowest completion percentage in the league? Come on now...that's not starting QB material. Hell, it's not backup QB material.

I called your argument rudimentary because you act like a team going to the playoffs and winning one game is special. You're overlooking the fact that he cannot play the position.

He is not a viable option to start a game AT THE QB SPOT..that's pretty much all I'm saying.

When did I call Gabbert a good QB??? Gabbert is a QB option only in the sense that he is wayyyy early into his career and it's too soon to write him off just yet AND he actually fits the mold of a QB. Tebow is a big athlete playing QB but he does not have the mechanics of a QB.

Tebow does bring things to the table...but not as a full time QB.

Teams aren't clamoring for Tebow. Denver dropped a 1st rounder on him...Jets got him for a 4th and 6th rounder then they released him...no one wants him.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#35 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,763 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 06:26 PM

It doesn't matter that Tebow didn't play with those guys. I'm going by your premise that Tebow did more for Denver than Orton. Orton threw for 3500 yards and 20+ TDs for that team. Tebow hasn't come close to those numbers. Yeh they faced NE in the playoffs but what kind of QB goes 9/26?

Tebow was drafted for gimmicks and publicity...not to play a NFL QB. Doesn't lowest completion percentage mean anything to you? You can't be a QB (let alone a NFL QB) if you can't even complete passes and most of the time he can't even make basic NFL throws.

He was what...10/21 in that playoff win? What kinda [expletive] is that? Then he finishes with the lowest completion percentage in the league? Come on now...that's not starting QB material. Hell, it's not backup QB material.

I called your argument rudimentary because you act like a team going to the playoffs and winning one game is special. You're overlooking the fact that he cannot play the position.

He is not a viable option to start a game AT THE QB SPOT..that's pretty much all I'm saying.

When did I call Gabbert a good QB??? Gabbert is a QB option only in the sense that he is wayyyy early into his career and it's too soon to write him off just yet AND he actually fits the mold of a QB. Tebow is a big athlete playing QB but he does not have the mechanics of a QB.

Tebow does bring things to the table...but not as a full time QB.

Teams aren't clamoring for Tebow. Denver dropped a 1st rounder on him...Jets got him for a 4th and 6th rounder then they released him...no one wants him.

Thats the whole point, it was a big deal for Denver fans. For years we were stuck out of the playoff hunt and embarrassed in the AFC west so to us Tebow did the best thing at QB since we were in the AFC chip game way back. If you recall my first post on this subject I said maybe I am bias because I am a huge broncos fan and we suffered through some bad years before Tebow took us to the playoffs and got us a win.

Like I said watch the games you will see that Tebow was put into bad spots and the reason he was so much better in the 4th because they let him actually be a qb. For the first three quarters they would run on downs 1 and 2 and would get stuck in a third and long and Tebow would have to convert on that out of rhythm or tuck the ball and run. There was a reason the scores of those games were low, because Denver changed from their simple dink and dunk offense they ran for Orton (the reason his stats are so padded) and changed it to run, run, run, and then in the 4th let Tebow try. This is why in the 4th he had a qb rating of 110, 6 4th quarter combacks, and his completion percentage goes up by 10 percent points because he was actually throwing the ball in rhythm. Everyone knows even for the best qb's they have to establish some sort of rhythm to get the ball on offense moving.

No one wants Tebow because of the media hype, ESPN stops this kid from getting a job. Tebow gets traded all we here on sportscenter is about Tebow, Tebow gets released during PLAYOFF basketball season and you here more about Tebow than you do the NBA playoffs. No team wants that hype around their franchise, you are right about that he isnt worth the headache you get in the media for him, but he is worth a starting spot compared to who else is out there. When he was given a shot he played pretty well, all those teams that have the starting qb's we were talking about would love if they could get to the playoffs and get that one win, its a big deal when you havent done it in a while.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 04, 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#36 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 05:55 AM

I expect more pride than this from a Denver Broncos fan. They've been a successful franchise for a long time but you act like ya'll are the Jacksonville Jaguars. Why would your standards drop so low that you see Tebow as the answer at QB? You had a hof'er in Elway and there were a few runs under Plummer and Griese but Tebow "wins" a playoff game and it's a big deal???

Tebow made some plays here and there but damn...he didn't do anything spectacular from the QB position. Giving Tebow rhythm is fool's gold; this is not a guy that can come in a lead your team from the QB position into championships. If a team thought Tebow could start for them and lead them to playoff success, then they would bring him in no matter what the media may say. Dude can't even beat Greg McElroy out of a QB job.

If he could play, he wouldn't be released. Think about it...NO ONE WAS EVEN WILLING TO GIVE UP A SEVENTH ROUND PICK FOR HIM. He is THAT BAD at QB.

The only thing that gets hyped is his ability to play QB

Pau Gasol is GONE

#37 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 05, 2013 - 07:43 AM

if you guys say Tebow cant throw and has no skills just explain the guys highlight reels. Thats what I dont understand. When he was on Denver the espn s/c peeps would say "he cant throw" but then they show a  highlight of him hitting a 63 yard TD pass. And that didnt happen 1 time. It was every week. Perfect passes right over the shoulder. I was always like wtf?? And then he runs well. But they say thats not effective. But Collin Kaepernick runs well and the same people say hes great...lol

Explain the highlights. Perfect passes. Over the shoulder. In the receivers stride. Or even across the grain under pressure while scrabbling.

I'm not a fan of the guy. But I dont understand how a team like Buffalo or PHX wouldnt give the guy a shot.

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 05, 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#38 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,198 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 05, 2013 - 08:16 AM

Horrible QB's will look good every now and then. Remember Joey Harrington? Brady Quin? They had their good games here and there, but they ultimately couldn't mask just how terrible they really were. Every QB will have a highlight reel, every QB has looked good at times. It's just about how good they can consistently be. Tebow is not a good QB. He's just an attraction; he'll help fill the seats.

#39 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,198 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 05, 2013 - 08:18 AM

Also, Kap is LEAGUES ahead of Tebow, and its not even close. Kap runs it better than Tebow and he's also lightyears ahead as a passer. Horrible comparison.

#40 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,763 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 08:39 AM

I expect more pride than this from a Denver Broncos fan. They've been a successful franchise for a long time but you act like ya'll are the Jacksonville Jaguars. Why would your standards drop so low that you see Tebow as the answer at QB? You had a hof'er in Elway and there were a few runs under Plummer and Griese but Tebow "wins" a playoff game and it's a big deal???

Tebow made some plays here and there but damn...he didn't do anything spectacular from the QB position. Giving Tebow rhythm is fool's gold; this is not a guy that can come in a lead your team from the QB position into championships. If a team thought Tebow could start for them and lead them to playoff success, then they would bring him in no matter what the media may say. Dude can't even beat Greg McElroy out of a QB job.

If he could play, he wouldn't be released. Think about it...NO ONE WAS EVEN WILLING TO GIVE UP A SEVENTH ROUND PICK FOR HIM. He is THAT BAD at QB.

The only thing that gets hyped is his ability to play QB

Standards drop so low to see tebow? We havent had a good qb since Elway those other guys you mentioned werent the spark that lead the broncos, it was Shanny who made sure we had a powerful run game on top of a great defense. Bailey in his prime shut down half the field and made our defense become something to be feared. Plummer did well because of the boot legs that Shanny loved to run and fit well into a system. You dont need to get into what happened with the Broncos franchise over the last two decades dont worry I know about that lol.

Like I said when Tebow played in Denver the whole city was behind the guy. You had people putting up billboards to have him put in over Orton, because orton was trash you point to stats but that guy never won a game in his life his job was just to make sure we didnt lose. That was the point we were used to success and after a few years we didnt have it for a while and Tebow brought it back and gave us hope that something could happen.

Again your refering to him leading a team to a championship, did any of the guys I compare him too lead any team to a championship let alone alone a playoff win (just sanchez and we both know he did nothing for that cause) Thats the point Im making here, Tebow isnt an elite qb he is the starter you want around for the next 10 years, but neither is Christian Ponder or Blaine Gabbert but those guys have a starting spot why is that? Because teams need to have fillers until they find that franchise player. The broncos used Tebow to get a playoff win and now we have Peyton Manning. Look at the bills they haven't had a qb that is worth crap since Jim Kelly and they just drafted a guy in the first round that deserved to be in th 4th! Im just saying that teams that have guys playing that we all know arent elite talent and have no shot at taking the team anywhere can be interchanged with Tebow who has done more than them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users